• 723 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:52 PM

I'm a bit lighter in the pocket, but look at these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks to Chris and Duncan at Hofmanns.

Spec:

2 way adjustable
Hyperco F 550 R750 with helpers front and rear.

Just got to fit them now.

#2 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:55 PM

I'm a bit lighter in the pocket, but look at these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks to Chris and Duncan at Hofmanns.

Spec:

2 way adjustable
Hyperco F 550 R750 with helpers front and rear.

Just got to fit them now.

so hurry up in case someone still them :lol:

#3 Nikov

Nikov

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:57 PM

They'd have to get past the Chihuahua. He is a BEAST.

#4 rsg

rsg

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:57 PM

Posted Image

#5 RobNA

RobNA

RobSC :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:59 PM

Posted Image

:yeahthat:

#6 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:11 PM

They'd have to get past the Chihuahua. He is a BEAST.

pm your adress i'll bring a nice rib eyes for the dog ;) and go home with some nice new parts

#7 rcvaughan

rcvaughan

Ex-VXer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,115 posts
  • Interests:Work cars: Play cars

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:16 PM

Wee wah woo wah! Very nice! You lucky boy!

#8 Cookies220

Cookies220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:14 AM

Very nice! Also love that chocolate too thumbsup

#9 saxman

saxman

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:guitar,sax,didgeridoo,plus many more instruments and just enjoy jammin with friends.badminton,swimmin and life in general

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:53 AM

they look nice but to a numpty what do they change on the handling on the car,i presume they are shocks and am not being totally stupid and need to learn as at46 brain a bit slow.hope to learn more on meeting up with some of you at cars in the park at harewood.

#10 dannynewport

dannynewport

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Interests:Cars obviously. Train in MMA/Japanese Jiu Jitsu (More traditional style of BJJ), previously Karate, Ninjitsu & Krav Maga.

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:56 AM

they look nice but to a numpty what do they change on the handling on the car,i presume they are shocks and am not being totally stupid and need to learn as at46 brain a bit slow.hope to learn more on meeting up with some of you at cars in the park at harewood.

Apparently they change the handling superbly,I want I want I want!!

#11 Nikov

Nikov

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:10 PM

The ABS bracket is a really poor fit and needs caressing with a combination of hammers and grinder to clear the body of the damper. Not impressed at all with that for the sake of a ten bob bracket esp. when you consider the cost.
You can see where the damper touches the mount here on the right side "Nitron" sticker:
Posted Image

and here:
Posted Image

One for comparison:
Posted Image

Springs are 550F and 750R both plus helpers. Open lengths are; 315mm F (40mm shorter), 395mm R (25mm shorter).

I did discuss with Chris Randall the issue of rear droop, he assured me this has been addressed with the latest design of which these are.

After finishing fitting today I went for a test drive. I know I'm comparing these to 38k Billies but they're astonishing. Around town they're as compliant as the OE if not more so and on the twisties in a different world. Bump steer has increased significantly and clearly a geo is needed. Based on that one ride it's a big thumbs up. This of course could well be placebo effect and me justifying them in my head. I'll give it another week or two and try to be objective as possible.

#12 dannynewport

dannynewport

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Interests:Cars obviously. Train in MMA/Japanese Jiu Jitsu (More traditional style of BJJ), previously Karate, Ninjitsu & Krav Maga.

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:14 PM

Posted Image

Which ones are the new ones?lol

#13 alanoo

alanoo

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:10 PM

What ride height did you have ? Can you take a pic of the rear damper with the wheel lifted from floor ? Would like to see the improved droop design in action :)

#14 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:16 PM

Crikey, 750 Lbs rear spring and 550 front?! Why did you choose such a stiff setup - do you track your car mainly ? You will bounce like a ball down uneven B-type roads and lose traction all the time - I have the std springs in my Nitrons and think they are way too stiff for small road driving (but good for smooth A-roads).

Edited by Nev, 06 September 2009 - 05:18 PM.

#15 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

Nev you need some fine tweaks ;) My Nitrons running 128R 120F height, can't remember damper setting off top off my head but on road setting it is not that bad, my track setting of 2 clicks more all round is dangerous at times lol. This was my setup for traveling round Europe and also is no issue for clearence etc Only thing with road setting is the front feels a bit slower to react on turn in and understeers a bit more. Track setting great but you have to be on the ball as it will twitch and skip lol Will confirm setting if you want to try the setup on yours Nev ;) Seems quite stiff for road use, suspect track beastie :) DG

#16 alanoo

alanoo

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

Crikey, 750 Lbs rear spring and 550 front?! Why did you choose such a stiff setup - do you track your car mainly ?

You will bounce like a ball down uneven B-type roads and lose traction all the time - I have the std springs in my Nitrons and think they are way too stiff for small road driving (but good for smooth A-roads).

These have nothing in common with standard Nitrons; my standard Nitrons were crap, these are wonderful compared to standard ones

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users