• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nibs

Nibs

• Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Judo, Rugby

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:05 PM

Hello guys, I took the vx out for a little drive today. As I was driving I noticed the brake pedal was sticking in slightly, which in turn meant the brakes were sticking on. I had to "flick" the brake pedal back up to release the brakes. When I got home I noticed a leak around the front nearside wheel, I don't know if this is linked or not. I've checked the brake fluid level and they seam to be fine. Has anyone else had a similar problem or does anyone know what I should be looking for or any ideas? Cheers Steve

#2 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,034 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:10 PM

Is the spring on the break pedal still intact? Even if there was a leak the pedal should return with the spring pressure alone. A leak on a caliper could easily be the bleed nipple that has come loose or the brake line not connected properly. Time to get the wheel off for a proper look, take some pics and post up on here and you may get a definitive answer very quickly.

#3 Nibs

Nibs

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:23 PM

I've just checked, and the spring seams to be ok. I was going to take the wheel off tmrw for a better look. I just didn't know if it was worth me taking the car to a garage to get it checked. But thanks for the advise I'll see what happens when I take the wheel off tmrw.

#4 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:33 PM

I had this problem only yesterday!! http://www.vx220.org...51#entry1170951

#5 mulletmaster

mulletmaster

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:29 PM

Check the vacuum hose on the throttle bottle hasn't become kinked, that would do it!

#6 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:00 PM

Check the vacuum hose on the throttle bottle hasn't become kinked, that would do it!

Interesting, possible heat related, possible hose collapse?

I've not see this issue before on this forum, then on the hottest weekend of the year so far 2 cars suffer. I suppose trackers would see this issue more often if it were the case.

#7 Nibs

Nibs

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

Thanks for the help, I'll check the hose tmrw. Did you fix yours VXT Tim? Was it the hose gone on yours? It looks like the leak is coming from the shock, so looks like i'm going 2 be investing in a new set of suspension :D Think i might look into the nitron street series??

#8 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:02 PM

Thanks for the help, I'll check the hose tmrw.
Did you fix yours VXT Tim? Was it the hose gone on yours?
It looks like the leak is coming from the shock, so looks like i'm going 2 be investing in a new set of suspension :D Think i might look into the nitron street series??

I've not been out since lubing up the pivots.
Going to get a new brake pedal spring as well.

I have nitron street series, let me know if you want a chat about them ;)

#9 richyroff

richyroff

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:44 PM

Really weird I had this exact same problem on Thursday. I had to tap the brake pedal to stop it from sticking or get my foot under the pedal and pull it back. Mine may be different as this is the first week I've used the car since last June so probably just lack of use in my case. But under further inspection I found the return spring was fine but there was a small white plastic insert that had popped out from where the pedal pivots, also lubed up the rest of the pedals moving parts and next day it was fine and has been since.

#10 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:58 PM

Really weird I had this exact same problem on Thursday. I had to tap the brake pedal to stop it from sticking or get my foot under the pedal and pull it back.

Mine may be different as this is the first week I've used the car since last June so probably just lack of use in my case.

But under further inspection I found the return spring was fine but there was a small white plastic insert that had popped out from where the pedal pivots, also lubed up the rest of the pedals moving parts and next day it was fine and has been since.

My car is used very infrequently.
Be interested to see how often nibs uses his.

Bit of a coincidence this.

I too had to either tap the pedal or lift it up to knock them off.

#11 severnless

severnless

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:53 PM

had this a couple of years ago. did the checks mentioned which had no effect it was thought that it could be master cylinder fault sooo......... i changed the fluid to racing blue and got rid of the problem. simples :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users