151 replies to this topic

#1 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:14 AM

Very early days of planning here, but next year I am in talks with our European cousins to organise an International event rather than just our normal National meeting.

So far Greece, Germany, Italy, UK, and Croatia are in talks to come up with a venue for the event, but we are initially thinking somewhere in Belgium would be the most central location for all members.

I was thinking Zolder might work as it's a great little track and has good facilities but the day will be more focused as a meeting than a track event so somewhere else (maybe not even a circuit) could work well. DIMITRIS is planning to run an event to find the best VX/Speedster in a few catagories (ie - most powerful, best condition, most standard etc...) so it shoud be a laugh!

I've opened this thread as a discussion area for the different nations to discuss our plans so I would respectfully ask local users not to post in here unless they believe they are contributing to the event and also to mind what they say as we will have mulitnational members chatting and I don't want ANY silly comments that may offend people.

Posted Image

#2 Lordbenny

Lordbenny

Mega Smega Member

• PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Interests:DIY Mechanic, CPFC, Food & Drink, Travel,Cannonball Run Europe.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:44 AM

Great idea, I got back from Brussels yesterday and I'd say that the Belgians are 2nd in the list of European car nuts after the Brits. Just make sure the M20 isnt due to be closed that weekend like they did this (Le Mans) weekend! :angry:

#3 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:58 AM

For many years I attended International Mini Meets and actually was part of the committee that made the arrangements for the Mini 30 one which our club hosted at Silverstone. Great events usually four days with three nights camping, live bands and a bar. I have been to meets held in the town square in Germany using the local school's facilities for showering etc, At a Race track, in an Industrial Estae, in a country park (a bit like Billing Aquadrome but in Holland) to name but a few.

#4 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

thumbsup Great idea :) As long as it's not just VXs :P (VX members with other cars too)

#5 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:13 AM

If we just happened to be nearby a track, noise limits Zolder : 95db Spa : 107db Nurburgring Nordschleife TF single laps : 95db Nurburgring Nordschleife open pitlane : 105db Nurburgring grand prix circuit : unknown db

#6 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:15 AM

Same experience as Cliffie with old Triumphs, then it was Dutch 'bungalow parks'. Cheap and good facilities. The French Speedster weekend was one of the best times I've had with this car. Bring it on!

#7 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

Good plan chinky chinky When looking at the dutch community, the group that travels is mostly trackers or intens touring. The rest just stays at home, polishes it and takes it out on a sunny day. So a nice location for all to meet, with a track nearby and a neighbourhood tour for the rest would be perfect. Once the venue is final, one of the locals would probably help with a nice nearby tour.

Edited by smiley, 13 June 2011 - 10:17 AM.

#8 DIMITRIS

DIMITRIS

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

Hi speedster friends!!! Many days i speak with jimmy about this event and i want to say one big thank you to jimmy for the help!! the basik idea is to have the first international speedster event with many cars from all europe. italy nederland luxemburg greece croatia is ok with event and now i speak with germany. so my filosophie is to have big party to meet new friends from all europe to speak about the speedster and the upgrades!!! and to find the 3 best cars from europe and to give cups thumbsup if final have a trackday to have 3 categories 2.2 2.2 kompressor and 2.0 turbo and to find the 3 best drivers for any categorie i think is nice and cool idea!!!! maby uk take many cups because have racing drivers thumbsup chinky chinky !!!!so belgium is near to many countries and is good location now we work with jimmy about the hotels circuit etc.. so lets do the first biger speedster event maby guiness world record now is the speedster revolution!!!!!!! Imnotworthy

#9 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:33 PM

the first international speedster event

Since Luxembourg in 2004 & Riviera in 2005! ;)

Edited by VIX, 13 June 2011 - 02:46 PM.

#10 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

And the French events at Clement Ferand which followed in 2007 and 2008 :rolleyes:

Great idea Jimmy and will def be there subject to returning to UK by then. Think i still have details of the guys who organised the French International meets if you need them. These were attended by Belgians, Dutch, Austrians, Germans and Swedes when we went in 2007

#11 DIMITRIS

DIMITRIS

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:32 PM

And the French events at Clement Ferand which followed in 2007 and 2008 :rolleyes:

Great idea Jimmy and will def be there subject to returning to UK by then. Think i still have details of the guys who organised the French International meets if you need them. These were attended by Belgians, Dutch, Austrians, Germans and Swedes when we went in 2007

Yes we need all speedster drivers from all europe if you have infos and you can help to find more drivers is fantastik thumbsup if all go good we have one very big event!!!

#12 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

Yes we need all speedster drivers from all europe if you have infos and you can help to find more drivers is fantastik thumbsup if all go good we have one very big event!!!

:yeahthat: This is DIMITRIS baby, I cannot take credit for it :) I'm just helping him out as I've got a bit of experience in this sort of thing.....

#13 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

how about something modeled on the french frolics? Good plan Jimmy/dimitris

#14 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:01 PM

how about something modeled on the french frolics?

Good plan Jimmy/dimitris

but not in France, good idea

#15 DIMITRIS

DIMITRIS

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:32 PM

Jimmys is the person that help me very much and when i send him my first mail he say ok lets do the bigest event!!!! Imnotworthy and one big thank you for all uk drivers at all members from uk club and many thanks to help with your forum to have space to write about the event greek+uk brothers clubs!!! and for this reason we doing this event to find nice friends and persons from all europe like big family with love for speedster thumbsup

#16 Stergios

Stergios

• 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:08 PM

Hello friends, let me introduce myself: I am a Greek Speedster member and the cousin of Dimitris. Currently, we are in the process of organising this European event, most probably in Belgium as it is centrally located in the heart of Europe. We are trying our best to make everybody happy in terms of location & date, and we cordially invite all the UK members to join our effort in organising this European event. We hope a lot of you guys will take part in this event and we would be happy if you would tell your friends to join us also. Furthermore, we wish to invite as many European local clubs as possible, so we would be very pleased if you could provide us with contact details of any other European club members. In particular, I am thinking of our Scandinavian friends, our Swiss friends, our Austrian friends and our French friends. Please send us (preferrably Dimitri, as he's the chief organizer of this event) any contact details, I am sure a lot of you guys stay in contact with European club members as you've met in previous events. Any futher comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot, Stergios

#17 DIMITRIS

DIMITRIS

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

Hello friends,

let me introduce myself: I am a Greek Speedster member and the cousin of Dimitris. Currently, we are in the process of organising this European event, most probably in Belgium as it is centrally located in the heart of Europe. We are trying our best to make everybody happy in terms of location & date, and we cordially invite all the UK members to join our effort in organising this European event. We hope a lot of you guys will take part in this event and we would be happy if you would tell your friends to join us also.
Furthermore, we wish to invite as many European local clubs as possible, so we would be very pleased if you could provide us with contact details of any other European club members. In particular, I am thinking of our Scandinavian friends, our Swiss friends, our Austrian friends and our French friends. Please send us (preferrably Dimitri, as he's the chief organizer of this event) any contact details, I am sure a lot of you guys stay in contact with European club members as you've met in previous events.
Any futher comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Stergios

Welcome stergio at this forum you can find many good persons!!!

#18 Denthrax

Denthrax

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

Sound like a great idea! If you guys need help for Zolder of Spa, give me a shout. We (2 friend and I) organize trackdays for the local overhere (VIPtrackdays.eu) and can help out where needed.

#19 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

We have a swedish sub forum. I will post on there. I'm actually IN Sweden right now :)

#20 DIMITRIS

DIMITRIS

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:54 PM

We have a swedish sub forum. I will post on there. I'm actually IN Sweden right now :)

ok very nice today i send the link and at italy president thumbsup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users