9.89@149 Sec 1/4 Mile Vx220 - Grey

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:09 AM

So come on who was the moonland grey vxt with irish plates doing a 9.89@149mph at the vaux show at the weekend? DG

#2 chrisvx220

chrisvx220

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:11 AM

:yeahthat:

#3 Guest_VX220Dallan (Guest)

Guest_VX220Dallan (Guest)

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:27 AM

9.89@149mph

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

#4 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

lol I nearly retract the statement made in the other thread :lol: thats impressive... mind you, I bet its lost all its cornering abilities :(

#5 G-Bob

G-Bob

Embarrassing VX's in an MX5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts
  • Interests:Silver VX Bashing!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:36 AM

So come on who was the moonland grey vxt with irish plates doing a 9.89@149mph at the vaux show at the weekend?

DG

Jealous? ;)

#6 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:55 AM

Jesus!!!

#7 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:00 AM

So come on who was the moonland grey vxt with irish plates doing a 9.89@149mph at the vaux show at the weekend?

DG

Jealous? ;)

.............................YES :D although I bet it is no good on the bends, mine was never a drag car just a fast road / track car :D friend contacted me as he thought it was me lol. Said is it yellow (suspected Klassen)but confirmed grey with Irish plates so no idea???

I know a 10sec run was possible with the mods I was going to carry out on mine but would never be a 9 sec run!!!

Be very interested to see what Nigels or Nev's will do if they ever abuse it on the drag strip. In fact better finish building the engine this week for starters :P

DG

#8 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:04 AM

DG

Jealous? ;)

.............................YES :D although I bet it is no good on the bends, mine was never a drag car just a fast road / track car :D friend contacted me as he thought it was me lol. Said is it yellow (suspected Klassen)but confirmed grey with Irish plates so no idea???

I know a 10sec run was possible with the mods I was going to carry out on mine but would never be a 9 sec run!!!

Be very interested to see what Nigels or Nev's will do if they ever abuse it on the drag strip. In fact better finish building the engine this week for starters :P

DG

I think you would want a different ratio box and much extended rpm limit and 15" wide rears to help put that all down

#9 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:05 AM

DG

Jealous? ;)

DG

I think you would want a different ratio box and much extended rpm limit and 15" with wide rim rears to help put that all down

#10 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:11 AM

Maybe wider for a 9sec pass but not mid 10's ;) It all gets a bit techie for a perfect 1/4 time to save an extra gear change etc - on my old rev limit I had to change gear just before the line which never helped (M32 box). 7.5k rev limit with rebuilt engine but on std turbo ratios so could help but I kind of like the drama of broken traction off the line and the balance between getting the power down without bogging or killing the clutch and mild drift off the line ;) full traction could break things not yet known about :o You know when you get it right in a vx or any other mid engine rwd car as 2nd gear feels manic ;) that is when you get the really good 60ft times Would love to see a video clip of the 9sec run and spec of setup DG

#11 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:28 PM

All those £££'s you spent DG trying to get a 'sub' 10 :tt:

A cheeky shot of this is all that you needed...

Posted Image

any more help you know where I am! ;) :D

#12 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:36 PM

Jesus!!!

I thought Jesus had a Calypso Tubby.

#13 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:40 PM

Jesus!!!

I thought Jesus had a Calypso Tubby.

Could'nt remember the colour of his car but assumed it was "HIM".

I should have put question marks instead of exclamation!

;)

#14 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:25 PM

Grey car black stripes?? Its the only moonland i seen this weekend but i missed his runs

#15 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:35 AM

I think that might have been a chap who transplanted a C20LET into his VX. I was told this by Steve Milton who was up there.

#16 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:45 AM

It must be well above 600bhp with those figures :blink:

#17 theolodian

theolodian

Recovering VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:52 AM

Octane booster isn't THAT much help Mr. Simba! :P :D

#18 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:37 AM

Scotts Yellow 400bhp leh only ran 13s so that must be silly power :blink: unless Scotts is fcuked :huh:

#19 G-Bob

G-Bob

Embarrassing VX's in an MX5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts
  • Interests:Silver VX Bashing!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:44 AM

Scotts Yellow 400bhp leh only ran 13s so that must be silly power :blink: unless Scotts is fcuked :huh:

Must be something wrong with the car or driver! 400bhp should be getting in the 11's if everything is working properly.

#20 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:58 AM

400bhp is 10sec runs ALL day every day in a VX :) I do think 500bhp with the right setup would be enough to get a 9sec run 12 sec runs with a stg 2 at about 250bhp so not sure what the 13 sec runs were with that power - or was it an astra? DG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users