Posted 20 August 2004 - 10:48 PM

OK, someone has finally done this :o :(

Vectra 2.2 DTI engine and gearbox

160bhp
330Nm torque
930kg
0-100km/h 5.9 secs
Vmax 230km/h
5.7litres diesel per 100km (VXT uses 10.2 litres fuel per 100km)
Range nearly 600km
According to the firm, with 17 seconds, it's faster in fifth gear than a 911 from 60 to 160 km/h.
The rattle is alledgedly drowned out above about 60km/h driving open-topped.

Price to have this rattling, stinking, oily, abominable conversion done? Wait for it...

15,500 Euro :o :beat: Anyone wanting to throw out the 2.2 N/A to have the "pleasure" of this nasty noise greet them on starting the car :sick: has to be certifiably insane – in fact this alone should be evidence enough to commit them. Sod the increased torque and economy – what about all the negative factors associated with this filthy muck?

LINK but it won't work for me...

Hope SELOC don't see this! :D

P.S. Didn't think this should really be in "Tuning" :drink:

Attached Files

Edited by speedyK, 20 August 2004 - 10:50 PM.

#2 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts
  • Interests:Putting the world to rights on forums and teaching people how to drive properly

Posted 20 August 2004 - 10:50 PM

Oh God Hide this from PaulB immediately :lol:

#3 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts
  • Interests:F1, track days, cars ,cars and cars.

Posted 21 August 2004 - 12:06 AM

Oh I bet that sounds nice rant :9mm: a tractor engine in a vx thumbsdown :sick: :sick:

#4 Gedi

Gedi

404 Not Found

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Nothing

Posted 21 August 2004 - 12:26 AM

Prick!

#5 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts
  • Interests:F1, track days, cars ,cars and cars.

Posted 21 August 2004 - 12:27 AM

In bread

#6 dude

dude

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:47 AM

lovely car thumbsup i just love the sound of a uprated diesel. we was talking about building a diesel-seven beforen the speedster came in the picture.

#7 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:53 AM

site works for me... Funnyest thing is, the web site comes up with an image of a rev counter pointing at 7500rpm :lol: :lol: :lol: :drink:

#8 paulb

paulb

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Interests:Driving, wildlife photography, travel

Posted 21 August 2004 - 07:49 AM

Hmmm... Could be interesting. :P Have to say that these Audi 1.8T conversions for the Elise did set me thinking about a 1.9 TDI conversion! But, not for me I have to say...

#9 Mutt & Jeff

Mutt & Jeff

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • Interests:Music, F1, Cars, Keeping Fit, Skateboarding with my boys & Red Wine

Posted 21 August 2004 - 11:43 AM

C'mon NA brothers let's do it :grouphug: The Turbo boys won't see which way we went....................cos of all the smoke!!! :lol:

#10 clipping_point

clipping_point

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 12:28 PM

Interesting! The advantage with the diesel, apart from the fantastic fuel economy, is the enormous torque. I've driven a Ford Focus with a 2 l diesel and it was a real killer machine, pulled like hell on the autobahn. The same car with a petrol engine was a real disappointment, very weak indeed. So it could work, but I prefer to have the tdi in my family sedan instead!

#11 johnvx220

johnvx220

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Interests:Getting the top off, wife does know yet, other car club.

Posted 21 August 2004 - 10:40 PM

Just looked up superchip site and they get 152 bhp and that must be conservative but its the 367 nm torque thumbsup . I not tempted but he 160 bhp must be able to be taken up more, poss 180?. But at the end of the day who wants a tractor engined vx220, although I have had my fair share of diesel cars in my time its just not right .

#12 T80RBO

T80RBO

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Interests:Winding elise owners up

Posted 02 September 2004 - 06:51 AM

When is the estate version due?? :P

#13 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:05 AM

What is there to say? EDIT: Quite a lot actually. Around ten grand to completely fcuk up your car? Why? What lunatic would do this? Just how stupid would you have to be? If you are that bent out of shape about your running costs why in the name of all that is holy would you have a Speedster? If you are that anal about keeping the costs low then there are plenty of oil-burning pox chariots on the market. Jesus, can you imagine the noise it makes when you blip the throttle on the downchanges? You can see the look on people's faces. We've all seen them - small children gather near the car in car parks and filling stations wondering what this little car that looks like some supercar manufacturer built it. Their fathers glance at it out the corner of their eye a little envious that they can't have one any more. You return to the car and get into it, maybe after exchanging the odd pleasantry about your pride and joy. The expectation of the bystanders mounts as they think that if it looks that good imagine what it must sound like. You turn on the ignition, hit the button and what follows is the automotivce equivalent of a rectal prolapse. The children's clothes are covered in soot smuts and their father's laugh to themselves and don't feel so bad about their Vectra anymore. IIRC Westfield tried to market a diesel version of their Pretend 7 in around 1991. It used the then "new" 1.8 turbo diesel abortion from the Ford Sierra. Fortunately the vile little runt sank without a trace.

Edited by JimH, 02 September 2004 - 07:16 AM.

#14 Big_Si

Big_Si

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:33 AM

According to the firm, with 17 seconds, it's faster in fifth gear than a 911 from 60 to 160 km/h.

why would you want to use 5th :blink: thats 2nd then 3rd and nail it!!!

#15 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts
  • Interests:Er... cars?

Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:02 AM

the automotivce equivalent of a rectal prolapse.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I warned you not to look in the thread title!

The sound in the video clip in the other thread is like a knife in the heart of any true petrolhead (and I don't mean the twanging american accent!) Truly vile :sick:

#16 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,881 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:49 PM

What is there to say?

EDIT:

Quite a lot actually. Around ten grand to completely fcuk up your car? Why? What lunatic would do this? Just how stupid would you have to be? If you are that bent out of shape about your running costs why in the name of all that is holy would you have a Speedster? If you are that anal about keeping the costs low then there are plenty of oil-burning pox chariots on the market. Jesus, can you imagine the noise it makes when you blip the throttle on the downchanges?

You can see the look on people's faces. We've all seen them - small children gather near the car in car parks and filling stations wondering what this little car that looks like some supercar manufacturer built it. Their fathers glance at it out the corner of their eye a little envious that they can't have one any more. You return to the car and get into it, maybe after exchanging the odd pleasantry about your pride and joy. The expectation of the bystanders mounts as they think that if it looks that good imagine what it must sound like. You turn on the ignition, hit the button and what follows is the automotivce equivalent of a rectal prolapse.

The children's clothes are covered in soot smuts and their father's laugh to themselves and don't feel so bad about their Vectra anymore.

IIRC Westfield tried to market a diesel version of their Pretend 7 in around 1991. It used the then "new" 1.8 turbo diesel abortion from the Ford Sierra. Fortunately the vile little runt sank without a trace.

Classic :lol: :lol: Imnotworthy

#17 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:07 PM

WHAT THE F**CK ? WHY ? Have I fallen asleep for a long time and woken up on April 1st ?

#18 southpaw

southpaw

sans vx for now

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:36 PM

bit of a bump but JimH's reply :lol:

#19 T. Spark

T. Spark

• PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:51 PM

I don't see the problem myself.... :/

#20 2.2_na

2.2_na

No Compromise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:08 AM

Have I fallen asleep for a long time and woken up on April 1st ?

...woken up in a 7 year old thread. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users