Photo

Oil Temp Gauge Mounting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DutchMike

DutchMike

• Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Speed, racing, fast, rockets, turbo's, VVT, Mach1, burning rubber, sprints......

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:16 AM

I am looking for an oil temperature gauge for in my Speedster NA. It will be a challange to find a nice spot on the dash to mount the thing on. I do not like to cut in the front beam of the dash (it is a structural part of the chassis). Does someone here installed a 2" dia. gauge already and can show me some pics of how it is mounted? Second question: the temp sensor.... what are the options where to place it in/to the engine? Normal practice is to install it into the oil-removal-plug (what's the English word?? :wacko: ). But are there other/better/more practical options? (besides through OBD ;) ). thanks all, Mike

#2 DutchMike

DutchMike

• Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Speed, racing, fast, rockets, turbo's, VVT, Mach1, burning rubber, sprints......

Posted 29 December 2004 - 12:44 PM

Found this thread on the German forum:

http://forum.opel-sp...opic=4818&st=15

some nice solutions on there....

#3 theturbs

theturbs

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Cars and girls

Posted 29 December 2004 - 01:07 PM

Second question: the temp sensor.... what are the options where to place it in/to the engine? Normal practice is to install it into the oil-removal-plug (what's the English word?? :wacko: ). But are there other/better/more practical options? (besides through OBD ;) ).

Need to take care if using the sump plug - the oil temp sensor my old 205 GTi was set up this way and used to leak incessantly..... :(

#4 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 01:56 PM

Here's a blast from the past. About two thirds down the page our fellow Elise man Brian explaines how its possible to reprogramme your instrument panel to show oil temp and some pics of the extra guages installed in his car.

Edited by benw, 29 December 2004 - 01:57 PM.

#5 DutchMike

DutchMike

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 06:30 PM

Here's a blast from the past. About two thirds down the page our fellow Elise man Brian explaines how its possible to reprogramme your instrument panel to show oil temp and some pics of the extra guages installed in his car.

Thanks a lot! thumbsup

interesting stuff......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users