Ouch!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AntB (Guest)

Guest_AntB (Guest)

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:02 PM

Service: Oil, filter, screenwash £172! Sheeite! The things we do for a service book stamp!

#2 Guest_AntB (Guest)

Guest_AntB (Guest)

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:34 PM

On top of that, just moved house, insurance has gone up by £277.78! :o Not a good day!

#3 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:22 PM

Oh dear :( Mine was only £119. Have you been had?

#4 Turbo Head

Turbo Head

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:53 PM

Service: Oil, filter, screenwash £172!

Rip off! :beat:

#5 Toe

Toe

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:34 PM

:o was that for 1st service

#6 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts
  • Interests:F1, track days, cars ,cars and cars.

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:02 PM

Always say no screen wash thumbsup :o

#7 Guest_AntB (Guest)

Guest_AntB (Guest)

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:07 PM

I'm about to collect my car and didn't approve the screenwash, shall I dispute it? :unsure:

#8 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:10 PM

You have to say before they service the car but it is worth ago, tell them how expensive they are. thumbsup

#9 theturbs

theturbs

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Cars and girls

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:44 PM

Always say no screen wash thumbsup  :o

thumbsup

I make sure I supply my own oil too. Dealer rates for oil are extortionate in comparison with what it can be purchased for

Edited by theturbs, 04 January 2005 - 05:45 PM.

#10 Big_Si

Big_Si

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:52 PM

ditto to with the screen wash and oil, i supply my own synthetic oil.. my last service cost £102... AntB, i'd look around or get a refund back on some bits and pieces

#11 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 09:59 PM

Firstly, post the name of the dealer. Secondly, print this thread and show it to them. Remind them of how you potentially just told 2000 VX owners that they are the most expensive Vauxhall service centre known to us and neither you or any of us will be visiting them again. That ought to do it. For the record my first service was £143, second £140something and third £160

#12 Guest_AntB (Guest)

Guest_AntB (Guest)

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:58 PM

Update >HERE< on what happened.

Part of the problem was I think that the previous service had used 0-30 grade oil, if I'd know that they were going to use Mobil 1 I'd have taken my own as I've got a load already from the pug.

Overall, not at all impressed, I didn't pay peanuts, so why did I get monkeys?

Sholing Picador, shan't be going there again.

#13 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:21 PM

Having my 3rd service & MOT done on saturday. Will make an interesting comparison so will post details afterwards

#14 Guest_AntB (Guest)

Guest_AntB (Guest)

Posted 05 January 2005 - 04:57 PM

I stand corrected! I've been called by Graham from Sholing Picador who has apologised for my treatment/ shock etc. Nice to see that service is important at main dealers, hopefully my next visit will be a more pleasant one. I have also said that I will apologise for my negative corsa comments, I suppose it's not GM's fault that not everyone wants to drive a car lile the vx220! Hugs all round it seems. :groupjump: :grouphug:

#15 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 05:48 PM

It is fair comment though why should you drive a 7 grand car when you own a 30 grand one. If vauxhall wants to sell expensive cars they should know how to treat their customers. The poor sod who buys the new monaro that cost 's46 grand is also going to get a corsa. If they have come from BMW who give them a nice new courtesy car they are going to feel like a second class citizen. For fucks sake vauxhall pull you bloody finger out. thumbsup

#16 B5M_VX

B5M_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:38 PM

Long winded yes, but read on.... Service costs vary as I found out today I rang 2 delaer today to check service prices before I book my car in at work (I like to keep them on the ball for prices!) Rang another local vx dealer today who shall remain nameless and asked how much for a forth service on my vx as its due now. £189, and the lass on reception and the person didnt know what a vx220 is, and these are the only other main agent in the north east! he lad in the back ground I heard her talking to described it as one of those stupid little 2 seater cars we do! Another dealer who has always serviced my car before I bought it said £180. I asked what I got for that Oil filter Oil Fuel Filter Plugs and the best bits Air filter I asked if they could reduce the price for not getting this as I have a sports filter, Well We prefer to fit vauxhall filters to our cars as standard and will fit one regardless as its due But the cherry on the cake, You also need a cabin filter!!! I said they dont have a filter, he insitsed they do, I ended up telling him, I will change the tights myself!!!! :P And at the end of it, my place was only £119 for the standard recomended service

#17 laidback50

laidback50

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:10 PM

I always change my own tights :D :D :D

Graham.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users