2 replies to this topic

#1 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 17 August 2003 - 10:58 AM

i've decided to bite the bullet and do this to check the alarm sensor....at present the drivers seat is out.....easy the passenger seat is gonna be a whole lot more difficult. anyone done this job? tips? is it possible (seems not) to get the panel off without removing the passenger seat? assistance would be much appreciated cheers

#2 garyk220

garyk220

VX parts all sold, saving for replacement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 02:35 PM

Passenger seat needs to come out I'm afraid. It's not too difficult, if you've removed the driver seat already. The front left bolt (looking forward from the seat) is the awkward one. I used acut down 6mm allen key and a pair of mole grips to get enough leverage. Once loosened, space is very tight, so you'll need to turn it a little at a time. Although once it's been turned through one full turn, you should be able to unscrew it by hand. I removed this bolt first, and once out, the other three are dead easy. You'll need to remove the speakers, the seat belt upper mounting and 6 plastic trim screws - 4 attached at the top of the bulkhead panel and one each behind the seat belt mountings, and be careful, the screws arenot very robust - to get the panel out. When you put it all back together, attach all the seat bolts finger tight, to avoid cross threading them, before torqueing the bolts.

#3 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 17 August 2003 - 02:43 PM

right then....job done. here's how it went. Drivers seat - no problem, east access to the bolts/studs when the seat is slid forwards/backwards Passenger - slightly more problematic, get the longest /torqueiest allen key possible. you'll also need a wrench or a long flat key for the front left stud (absolute pig) dismantle seatbelt guide loops take out all the screws etc holding the panel in place - maybe stuck down slightly too. disconnect speakers lower panel bending the sides inwards and it should come off alarm sensor is in the middle - disconnect dismantle sensor box - rheostat (spelling) is on the bottom left hand side (I think, its the only thing with an adjustment screw on it anyway) adjust the sensitivity as required... i havent got a website so cant post a piccie but i'll be happy to e-mail a paintmash to anybody who wants to know where I set mine at. last week i got three bags of shopping in my car without the alarm going off......now you can get your hand in about 6" below the windows and it blasts away one happy boy this end... :groupjump:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users