• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 01:09 PM

Just popped down to my local Stapletons tyre place to get a quote on some rears. Armed with all my BZ, 90V and CJC i battled with the bloke to try and find the right tyres. He could find the BZ but only in a 90W and no mention of CJC (My current rears are not CJC). They then showed me the Bridgestone OE fitment book which only lists tyres for the turbo which are, unsurprisingly, 90W. They also quoted me £270, fitted. The questions are: - Should I slap on the W's instead of trying to track downthe V's. - Should I see if my local Vauxhall dealer (the infamous Luton Motorbodies) has some and let them fit them. - Buy online/over the phone from Micheldever and get them delivered and then fitted locally I went in to the tyre place and "I'd like rear tyres for a vx220" "a what?" "a vauxhall vx220" "what?" "Like a lotus elise" "oh, right". :9mm: Ben

Edited by Ratspants, 09 February 2004 - 01:10 PM.

#2 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 01:31 PM

Just placed an order for a new rear tyre on an NA will be in Tuesday £111 all in (original Bridgestone), not a bad price. :rolleyes: ATS wanted £168!!!!!!! :o :o :o Protyre (they are something to do with Micheldever I think) Russell Pl, Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 7SE Tel: 01329 220743 **vauxhall dealer iro £140**

Edited by Dave, 09 February 2004 - 01:32 PM.

#3 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 01:53 PM

cheers Dave, I've just checked >ProTyre's website< and they have a branch in Enfield which is pretty close to me. I'll give them a try and see what they have to say.

Let me know if they got the tyre 100% correct with all the BZ and 90V jazz.

Ben

Edited by Ratspants, 09 February 2004 - 01:54 PM.

#4 VEX

VEX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 02:00 PM

Micheldever delivered mime for under £200 Fitted for £25.00 Rang them and quoted the sizes and rating and instantly got asked if there were fro a VX or Elise. Can't get better than that, however trying to fit two of them into the passenger seat was the biggest problem!!!!!

#5 Bengie

Bengie

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 04:07 PM

Or goto Black Circle. I've just paid £244 for two rears, including fitting etc.
They will deliver to a local tyre fitting place, and, apparently, you just turn up, and they fit them for you.

I get mine fitted tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well :unsure:

HTH

Oh, and register with them, and get a (drumroll please) 2.5% discount... Well, least it pays for the fuel to get to the tyre place ;)

Edited by Bengie, 09 February 2004 - 04:07 PM.

#6 rasputin

rasputin

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Interests:drinking beer

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:20 PM

get some toyo proxies from mytyres.com for£80 .great tyre :groupjump:

#7 Turbo Head

Turbo Head

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:27 PM

cheers Dave, I've just checked >ProTyre's website< and they have a branch in Enfield which is pretty close to me. I'll give them a try and see what they have to say.

Let me know if they got the tyre 100% correct with all the BZ and 90V jazz.

Ben

cheers Just bookmarked the site as they have a Bristol branch.

#8 johnvx220

johnvx220

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Interests:Getting the top off, wife does know yet, other car club.

Posted 13 February 2004 - 12:47 AM

Thank you Ratspaints. Pro tyre are also based in Plymouth also so save the webb site.

#9 proaxis2

proaxis2

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 09:17 AM

If people are still having trouble finding some in the Midlands area, Southam tyres in errr... Southam near Leamington Spa have got a fair few Bridestone Potenza's in, £120 each fitted, but we (company) get a discount so getting 2 for £230 fully fitted next week which isn't too bad. Seemed to know the score to, as I said the size, make and 90V and he said "Vauxhall fitment yeah?" Adam

#10 Vespillo

Vespillo

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • Interests:Computers,<br>Golf,<br>Snooker,<br>MY VX!!!!!!!!!!!!!,<br>Music (Dj'ing and making it)<br>as well as other obvious ones like getting pissed,<br>having a laugh with my mates, chilling with the family etc etc.

Posted 13 February 2004 - 09:59 AM

get some toyo proxies from mytyres.com
for£80 .great tyre
:groupjump:

Whats the difference in these and the OEM ones?

softer?

dont last as long?

or just one of those rare times when something is cheaper and is as good or better?

#11 BradW

BradW

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 12:42 PM

Previous experience with a different car at Pro-tyre in Enfield has shown them to be good workers, knowledgable and pretty cheap too! :D

#12 vx_220

vx_220

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 03:14 PM

I had a rear fitted at Protyre, excellent service, but I had to tell them not to put the car on a liftie thing and just jack it up. Chris

#13 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 09:18 AM

Just been quoted £110 all-in per corner by Enfield Protyre. Shall be getting some new rears fitted at the weekend. Ben

#14 barrybethel

barrybethel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 01:33 PM

Mytyres.co.uk have the n/a tyres listed. Just ordered some

#15 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 16 February 2004 - 08:14 PM

www.tyre4u.com ...... I just got 2 x fronts for 77.70 each delivered, took 2 days from order - thats 20 EACH cheaper than www.mytyres.co.uk :groupjump: :groupjump:

#16 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 09:07 AM

Got some new rears fitted at Protyre in Enfield on Saturday. £107 each (fitted), proper BZ/CJC jazz too. Service was friendly and helpful although I did have to wait 45mins to get a free bay for the car as they were exceedingly busy. It was a heart-stopping moment when the bloke took the first rear tyre off, it was practically slick in the middle! :blink: (Well, the little markers were flush with the surface anyway) I'm amazed I've kept the thing on the road for the last month. I've also lowered the tyre pressures slightly, I was running at the pressures from the handbook but have knocked 5% off all round to see if i can get more even wear. Ben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users