• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheAdWrighty

TheAdWrighty

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:58 AM

Morning all,

Had a really good chat recently with a member on here when I bought a CF centre console off him (looks great installed!) and after looking around my car as I’m new to them he noticed the EGR was still in place. It’s had a courtenay Stage 2 SC conversion and works spot on apart from being very lumpy from cold.

Should this EGR be blanked off, or as it’s in place and I believe not causing any drama is it best to just leave it alone to not cause more issue?

*I don’t have receipts for the work from courtenay but I do have a dyno print from them with a little badge on the car stating 99Ron.

#2 Steve.i.am

Steve.i.am

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Interests:Bends

Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:20 AM

Even though the EGR is on the car, it won't be doing anything as the SC manifold blocks it off anyway.

The lumpy when cold issue is very probably the Courtney map - mine is the same.

#3 TheAdWrighty

TheAdWrighty

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:42 AM

Thanks for the help! The lumpy cold is hilarious! Try and drive it to work on a short journey and it is so tempermental!

So with this, there is no point in buying a blanking plate and putting it on because of the SC conversion?

#4 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:15 AM

Basically the egr system opens a valve for soot to go partly through the engine, where in the back part there should be a large steel hose connected to your inlet manifold (which is no longer possible)
That makes me think that your egr is already disabled somehow, but technically looks in place as working.

Make a picture of where the egr mates the engine (2 bolts). That would probably tell us what happened.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sc, egr, vx, stage 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users