Photo

French Speeding Fine 7 Months After The Event!

anyone else had this

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MartinS

MartinS

I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone&#

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
  • Interests:Track days
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:38 AM

Following our trip to Folembray last August my daughter has just this week received a speeding fine for being 10km over the limit.

8 months after the time it was apparently recorded.

The fines small enough as to not argue but to arrive so late and be from the French, makes me think anyone could make this stuff up and get away with it.

Has anyone else had a  fine come through this long after the supposed event?

Martin S

#2 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:07 AM

Probably collecting all the fines in before Brexit as they may not be able to once or if we ever do leave the EU.

#3 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:07 AM

Have had a number of speeding fines here in France since they discovered radar cameras about five years ago, all in French registered cars though, so easy to catch and communicate with.  Normally the ticket arrives in around a fortnight.  I had heard that they are now fining foreign registered cars, which they previously ignored because they couldn't be bothered to stop a car whose driver might not speak French.  Do get it paid swiftly though as the fine doubles after fifteen days, it can be done online and is quite painless, PM me if you need help with this.. 

#4 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:27 AM

Yeah, I had one too last year. Took about 5 months for it to arrive, so I reckon the French police batch up all of the "foreign" driver fines before firing them over to the Home Office to pass on to the DVLA for identification. They also create a "ghost" French drivers licence to apply any applicable points on, as they can't add points to a UK licence, so theoretically, you could find yourself banned in France if you had clocked up enough fines/points, even if you had a sparkly clean UK licence.

#5 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:07 AM

lets hope they do not go back through the history of the camera on the way down to Le Mans before the tunnel

#6 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:56 AM

Following our trip to Folembray last August my daughter has just this week received a speeding fine for being 10km over the limit.

8 months after the time it was apparently recorded.

The fines small enough as to not argue but to arrive so late and be from the French, makes me think anyone could make this stuff up and get away with it.

Has anyone else had a  fine come through this long after the supposed event?

Martin S

shouldn't worry too much as i couldn't tell you how many outstanding one i have  :P even if you remember i didn't pay at le mans and got away with it..textually there isn't much they can do as no accord for the british gouvernement was done with the french so the only way to pay is fine at the spot  :( .....

bloody french police they just want money 

#7 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:32 PM

well couldn't have happened on the way to the track lol.

eta although there was that camera i went past at 70 in a 50 so i may be getting one too.

Edited by Sutol, 15 March 2019 - 03:34 PM.

#8 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:54 PM

I read somewhere that 70%+ of speeding offences on French roads in the summer are down to Brits.  I even saw a motorhome that had been chased and stopped by a French scamera van.  If I got a ticket from France in the post  I'd just ignore it as it's not enforcable.  A frend of mine has had a few from Spain, he just ignores them as they don't even bother to send a copy in English. Had a couple in Italy  (not speeding) and ignored them and never heard anything more about it.  I did have one in Italy last summer that I paid but it was for taking the wrong toll entrance and was only a charge of less than a Euro.  Not worth  leaving something like that for the equivalent of 50p.

#9 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:17 PM

I wonder how many of our EU friends bother to pay the Dartford Toll 🙄

#10 The Knobs

The Knobs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:44 PM

In my motorhome i get flashed at least 4 times per trip so i hope they dont catch up with me  :lol: i am not actually sure how fast I should be going on motorways, 4250kilos motorhome, anybody know?

#11 LeoD

LeoD

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:32 AM

Was it from the government or UK / French “solicitor” claiming to be acting on behalf of the government ?

#12 MartinS

MartinS

I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone&#

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
  • Interests:Track days
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:41 AM

Not obvious who its from as is juts the French, so I assume government. Could be a scam, oh what am I saying, of course it is, the French are always scamming

Brits for speeding while ignoring there own.

Cant help thinking they're just grabbing cash before we leave (if that ever happens (the EU.

Martin S

#13 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:55 AM

All this is absolutely correct, but make no mistake the French Gov is not letting it's own citizens off, everyone they can rook they are rooking, ask any Frenchman!.  At the start of last summer they dropped the main road speed limit from 90 kph to 80 kph to keep the populace safe 'for the summer hols' only, the speeding fines that generated ran to the hundreds of millions I believe and the limit still in place generating ackers.  Most of the reform policies that Sarkoszy, Holland and Macron have tried to implement have either not happened or not worked so now we have 'Les Gilets Jaune' burning tyres and rubbish on roundabouts everywhere making a mess that will need more money to clear up.  Yes, of course it's a scam, they need the money!!  

#14 The Knobs

The Knobs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:37 PM

Guess what i got in my postbox today, yes a fine  :D 45 euro for 106 in a 90, genuine as its official from government and I remember the place and time I got flashed. Dated 4th September so hoping none from before that on their way lol 

#15 mementaurum

mementaurum

• Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Fast, small cars

Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:13 PM

I had one too. Much quicker than your daughter. To make a long story short...I paid it immediately. "They" will not forget. 😉

#16 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 07:56 PM

I've been expecting mine for a while. I'm awaiting three...

One of them will be pretty painful. 

#17 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 05 October 2019 - 05:34 PM

Received one today. On the 21st September I was flashed by a static camera. I was doing 142 kmh in a 130 kmh limit.  €45 fine which I have paid on-line.

#18 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:28 AM

I wish the UK would reciprocate and find a way of catching all of the French, Polish & German who constantly speed along the M20 towards the Chunnel & Ports and also start issuing and chasing fines to non uk registered cars for use of the Dartford crossing

#19 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 12:45 PM

:yeahthat:  :yeahthat:  :yeahthat:

I wish the UK would reciprocate and find a way of catching all of the French, Polish & German who constantly speed along the M20 towards the Chunnel & Ports and also start issuing and chasing fines to non uk registered cars for use of the Dartford crossing

#20 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,870 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:37 PM

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:

Oxford was full of foreign registered, illegally parked, vehicles when I lived there, admittedly over 10 years ago

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users