Servicing

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 tapias

tapias

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:09 AM

Hi guys, Got a service now due, just approaching 17k on an 02. Pentagon in Derby have quoted me £350+ for a service which I thought was a bit steep and after reading some comments on the dealers I just thought if any one knows of a reputable place around Nottingham (ish) that I could take it? I spoke to another VX LY owner a couple of weeks ago who lives near me & he told me a place where he gets his done but I forgot the name of the garage :beat: Any suggestions?

#2 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:22 AM

I'm a fan of Pentagon Derby and have been happy with all they have done for me. That price sounds ridiculous though. If you fancy ringing back, ask to speak to the service manager Andy and see what he says. He has a vxr220 ;) and have always found him sympathetic to my needs and concerns.

#3 Tashyboy

Tashyboy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Interests:sleep, star trek, man City & burberry bears.being on here all shift when I should be working

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:28 AM

Tapias, I spoke to TMS and they said they would give me a service for £300. which included a brake fluid change. I know it is down MK but when me service is due thats where I'm going & i'm from Mansfield. PS, getting off the subject hopefully a couple of us will be @ gunthorpe bridge Weds evening @ 8pm ish if you fancy meeting up.

#4 Keiron

Keiron

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:29 AM

Not a fan of pentagon ... always quoted ridiculous prices and they didn't even know what a VX220 was, last time i rang ("is that one of our vans? sir")... I goto Archie Moss in Loughborough they usually have a few VX220's in stock so know the cars...and quote standard prices.

#5 tapias

tapias

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:38 AM

Not a fan of pentagon ... always quoted ridiculous prices and they didn't even know what a VX220 was, last time i rang ("is that one of our vans? sir")... I goto Archie Moss in Loughborough they usually have a few VX220's in stock so know the cars...and quote standard prices.

:o thats hilarious

#6 tapias

tapias

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:41 AM

I'm a fan of Pentagon Derby and have been happy with all they have done for me.

That price sounds ridiculous though.

If you fancy ringing back, ask to speak to the service manager Andy and see what he says.

He has a vxr220 ;) and have always found him sympathetic to my needs and concerns.

Nice 1 Tim, Ill give it a go in a bit and see what he says.

In regards to the other post about them no knowing about VX's i guess it was just some silly tart on the reception.

Cheers.

#7 tapias

tapias

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:44 AM

Tapias, I spoke to TMS and they said they would give me a service for £300. which included a brake fluid change. I know it is down MK but when me service is due thats where I'm going & i'm from Mansfield.

PS, getting off the subject hopefully a couple of us will be @ gunthorpe bridge Weds evening @ 8pm ish if you fancy meeting up.

Well the price is comming down :D

Sounds like it would be fun but I dont leave the fym till 7:30, il see what I can do m8. i blasted through East Bridgford on Fri when the sun was blazing. Awesome!

#8 i need nos

i need nos

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:51 AM

my vauxhal garage charges me 160 for a service basic and last one was 240 that included b/fluid filters etc etc..

#9 RWinstanley

RWinstanley

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:13 AM

Tapias, I spoke to TMS and they said they would give me a service for £300. which included a brake fluid change. I know it is down MK but when me service is due thats where I'm going & i'm from Mansfield.

I'm going to travel own from Sheffield to get mine done at TMS, I i ever get some dates back from john :poke: :)

Far better to get the car looked at by someone who deals with them everyday rather than someone who sees a couple a month.

#10 MikeS

MikeS

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:18 AM

My last service at Baylis Vauxhall in Cheltenham was £128, they ended up doing the brake fluid as well, as the master cylinder had to be changed but even if I'd had to pay for it, the total cost would've been iro ~£200. I'd give James at Baylis a call and ask him what the service cost should be, I can't see where a figure of over £300 could come from. Mike

#11 tapias

tapias

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:37 AM

My last service at Baylis Vauxhall in Cheltenham was £128, they ended up doing the brake fluid as well, as the master cylinder had to be changed but even if I'd had to pay for it, the total cost would've been iro ~£200.

I'd give James at Baylis a call and ask him what the service cost should be, I can't see where a figure of over £300 could come from.

Mike

Mike your a star, just phoned them and they quoted me £152.80. God knows where Pentagon are getting there prices from, ill still call them to see what the crack is, seems a bit suspect.

Oh yeah, sorry if I sound dim but where is TMS?

#12 tapias

tapias

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:43 AM

Its ok ive found where TMS are located.

#13 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:57 AM

When i was ringing around the different vxl dealers i was amazed to find the schedule for the service differed at each place, this was the reason for the change in price. Pentagon started their price at £275 for my service. They kindly knocked it down to £250 (bit of an insult). I ended up paying £175 on the day after actually sitting down with them and showing them what the service comprised of, they were understanding and i sat talking to the guy whilst he serviced the car which is a big plus in my book.

#14 tapias

tapias

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:06 AM

I just got of the phone to Pentagon & told them i posted the price on the forum and that i was quoted £152 from the garage in cheltenham and there going to get back to me. :P Andy the service manager is away on holiday at the mo. I cant believe the difference in prices, i would have thought theyd all use the same pricing structures, bit of a scam really. You wouldnt go in to say Mcds and pay £2 for a burger and then go up the road and go to another Mcds and pay £4 for the exact same thing? Ill post back what they say.

#15 paulk

paulk

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:45 AM

Just my 2p worth, I had some warranty issues that Pentagon Derby took the P@@s over - Archie Moss in Loughborough sorted the prob out straight away. Last time the car was in for a service it really needed rear tyres that I'd got booked at my local national tyres (£110 ea inc fitted) but they did 'em for £105 each - r :D esult! The techs that worked on the car are really enthusiastic, friendly etc etc a much better service than Pentagon

#16 mal_dun

mal_dun

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Interests:VX220, narrowboating, golf

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:54 AM

I've had it on good authority that the reasons prices vary is down to the little things like business rates, lease costs, prime siting, size of dealership etc etc. Find a good one off the beaten track and its prices should, in theory, be lower.

#17 tapias

tapias

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:45 PM

Just my 2p worth,

I had some warranty issues that Pentagon Derby took the P@@s over - Archie Moss in Loughborough sorted the prob out straight away. Last time the car was in for a service it really needed rear tyres that I'd got booked at my local national tyres (£110 ea inc fitted) but they did 'em for £105 each - r :D esult! The techs that worked on the car are really enthusiastic, friendly etc etc a much better service than Pentagon

Well better than 2ps worth m8.

They quoted me £160 so ive booked it in at Archie Moss. I also ordered a new coolant bottle as mine looks as though its about to spill its contents.

Thanks for all your help!

#18 tapias

tapias

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:51 PM

I've had it on good authority that the reasons prices vary is down to the little things like business rates, lease costs, prime siting, size of dealership etc etc. Find a good one off the beaten track and its prices should, in theory, be lower.

I mentioned the price diff to the guy at Archie Moss and he told me they should all be the same. I have seen some mixed opionions on Pentagon, i dont think ill be using them any time soon.

#19 gavswin

gavswin

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:29 PM

Hi, Gavin from arnold here. Archie Moss is where i took mine mate, very good service, and polite people. Also, a very good drive there if you go through Gotham/east leake etc... :-) (went to uni in loughborough!)

#20 tapias

tapias

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:13 PM

Hi, Gavin from arnold here.

Archie Moss is where i took mine mate, very good service, and polite people.

Also, a very good drive there if you go through Gotham/east leake etc... :-) (went to uni in loughborough!)

Hi Gavin,

Are you the bloke i met a week ago or so with the other LY?

I was going to track you down to find out where you took yours. :D

Pentagon can go whistle lol look like ill be taking the Gotham/east leake route, may get lost on the way like, but its all good haha.

Any further news with the Bestwood peps?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users