Photo

Stage 1 Or Wait Fit Exhaust And Then Stage 2?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 urbanmac

urbanmac

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:52 PM

I'm in a dilemma! Should I see if I can get a Stage 1 tomorrow or get a new exhaust first (not Milltek, probably Blueflame or even just pre cat mod for now) and then get a stage 2 ECU remap. :unsure: I don't want to spend £475 if I then change the exhaust in a months time and have to go back to TMS for a remap @ £550 :beat: edit: 'new quick answer' - I mean need quick answer (was on phone while typing)

Edited by urbanmac, 12 May 2006 - 04:08 PM.

#2 RichH

RichH

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:55 PM

I'm pretty (99%) sure Thorney will upgrade your map for free if you've bought one from him in the past thumbsup So get the stg 1 now and just get him to update it later on.

#3 urbanmac

urbanmac

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:11 PM

I'm pretty (99%) sure Thorney will upgrade your map for free if you've bought one from him in the past thumbsup

So get the stg 1 now and just get him to update it later on.

really, the way I read it was that after an exhaust an new remap would be required which would cost more £££'s

#4 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:23 PM

Yep, one remapped... Thorney will remap the remap for free :)

#5 xereve

xereve

• 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:03 PM

According to the VX220 rolling road at thorney motorsport the stage 2's remaps with millteks and vipers were only getting 2bhp more than standards! I wouldnt waste your money! See- Forum/ vx220 discussion/ tms rolling road results.. Thats about £700 per horsepower!!

Edited by xereve, 15 May 2006 - 02:08 PM.

#6 christurbo

christurbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts
  • Interests:My Civic Type R
    My Black Beast of a VX!!!

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:07 PM

According to the VX220 rolling road at thorney motorsport the stage 2's with millteks and vipers were only getting 2bhp more than standards! I wouldnt waste your money!

Thats for an NA not VXT.

#7 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:01 PM

According to the VX220 rolling road at thorney motorsport the stage 2's remaps with millteks and vipers were only getting 2bhp more than standards! I wouldnt waste your money!

See- Forum/ vx220 discussion/ tms rolling road results..

Thats about £700 per horsepower!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#8 njc11

njc11

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:08 PM

According to the VX220 rolling road at thorney motorsport the stage 2's remaps with millteks and vipers were only getting 2bhp more than standards! I wouldnt waste your money!

See- Forum/ vx220 discussion/ tms rolling road results..

Thats about £700 per horsepower!!

I think you need to drive a standard car then drive a stage2/2+ before you make comments like that!! :gayfight:

I think you will be quite impressed once you have! B)

Cheers

Nick
chinky chinky

#9 urbanmac

urbanmac

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:22 PM

cant read the above posts :(

#10 RichH

RichH

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:36 PM

cant read the above posts :(

that makes two of us. I thought it was just me!

#11 Rickyk

Rickyk

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:29 PM

I had a similar choice to make myself when I tuned the car at TMS. First off went for the Stage 1 remap and added an ITG induction kit at the same time, Thorney considered doing at Stage 2 remap at the time due to adding the ITG but stayed with the Stage 1 remap in the end. Great noise when I left the workshop believe me. Then a few weeks later when a bit more cash appeared shot straight back upto TMS and had the full Miltek system added, and had the car remapped to Stage 2+. Basically rejigged it about and skipped Stage 2. The tuning was done about 2500 miles ago now, and believe me this has made an immense difference to standard N/A. The car is absolutely awesome. Pulls all the way through the gears, and to be honest I have tried, but as yet been unable to cut the engine out in 4th gear, and by the time i put it into 5th the car was at 125mph. You can cruise along the motorways in this car and forget you have a 5th gear. The car just flies! But going back to your original question.................get it all done!!! Then again looking back at your post you probably done it by now!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users