#1 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:07 AM

Stolen from back of a race truck. :( Can everyone keep an eye on ebay for anything, clearly there is a limited market for this and its pretty much.

#2 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:15 AM

When? NA? Colour? Chassis Number?

#3 ratboiler

ratboiler

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:16 AM

Wow sorry to hear that, what happened, how on earth did they manage to get away with it?

#4 Karlosfandango

Karlosfandango

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:24 AM

Looked like a red Na with the new manifold going by the seloc pics.

#5 XXX

XXX

Invisible ex-VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:25 AM

Thieving bastards! Quite a specific target I would say - not a lot you could do with a stolen VX racecar other than strip it for parts I would guess. Unless it is already overseas :( It could hardly be raced, could it??? Such a limited circle of VX racers, I am sure someone will hear something....... thumbsup

#6 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:31 AM

THis one:

Posted Image

Also a manifold was stolen too:

Posted Image

We only put the car in at 11pm last night as it was due to go to Rockingham this morning. I've also just found out that I'm only on the reserve list for DTM as Paul didn't receive our entry last week.

I'm very close to giving up on the racing, I'm fed up of just getting sh*t luck over and over again.

#7 wil_scotland

wil_scotland

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Footy, cars, drinking. Just the usual!

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:53 AM

:9mm: Limited market for parts too. Just watch ebay and something will appear.

#8 theotherjonnymac

theotherjonnymac

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:06 AM

I am on ebay several times a day so will keep a look out.

#9 mikemph

mikemph

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:09 AM

Lovely looking manifold :D Really sorry to hear about the bad luck, but as everyone says there is a very limited market for it so I'm sure something will turn up.

#10 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:21 AM

Bastards :angry: Theres quite a lot there that makes it totaly unique, black surround, carbon V, carbon front Splitter, the wheels, the way the front grill is cut for the tow eye, bonnet pins, ect You got any more pics John? as I'm sure the rest of the car is just as special. I'll be keeping a look out over here , and with the support the VX community has I think it will be a hard car to hide away or dispose of. would be great if we could get this back and the fuc k ers get what they deserve :grouphug:

#11 MIKE_VX

MIKE_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:53 AM

That is utterly sh*te.... Was this the one at the PVS show the other day? Maybe it attracted a bit too much attention from the wrong sorts and they decided to pay you a visit knowing that if it was left in the truck it would be a soft target to break into :( As said above, I doubt they've thought this though very well as they can't race it, the parts would be obvious when they come up on ebay and it's not road legal (is it?) so they can't use it for anything without raising suspicion! Hopefully someone will turn up something to catch them pretty soon! :grouphug: Sorry in advance if this is inappropriate - but have you checked the local tennis club? ;)

#12 Crimson Avenger

Crimson Avenger

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:55 AM

We only put the car in at 11pm last night as it was due to go to Rockingham this morning. I've also just found out that I'm only on the reserve list for DTM as Paul didn't receive our entry last week.

I'm very close to giving up on the racing, I'm fed up of just getting sh*t luck over and over again.

This saddens me greatly. I do hope you had theft insurance. If you only had racing insurance for it, there might be a clause covering theft when off track or going to an event.

I know it's very painful right now, but you really can't give up the dream. Letting these bastards chase you out of racing would be a double hit. It may take a while before you're ready to go back again, but the track and the chase will continue to draw you.

It is too soon to say more so I won't try to put any more positive spin on it about destiny, next steps and so forth.

I will hope for the best, and truly hope that the Yard and/or Bobbies can help you locate it, and that it will be in one piece.

For myself, I was rather morose for more than 6 months after I did something supremely stupid and ended my first 1000 Solstice to a bent frame, so I have an inkling of what you're going through. It was a very hard lesson for me to learn. No one was injured, but I am still recovering emotionally right now, and I can tell you that with time and distance, it does become easier.

For me, the biggest thing that helped was having hope restored. That's why I am encouraging you to not give up on your dreams. Regrets? Sure, but not for never having tried--it's the not trying that will, in the long run, be more painful. As I said, with time, you'll be back at it, and the joy will return.

Again, I am very sorry for your loss. :(

#13 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:12 AM

If you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any at all. I am not sure what worse, the initial loss, or the insurance claim.

#14 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:12 AM

Blimey.....you get all the luck John. Unless they are very very stupid the thieves will never try to shift that car whole. It's too distinctive. They probably won't relise how special some of the parts are though so that must be the key to finding it again.

#15 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:15 AM

Really sorry to hear this John. As others have said, it's extremely distinctive and someone on here is bound to spot it. Hope it turns up soon. thumbsup chinky chinky

#16 Jaysith

Jaysith

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:17 AM

damn so sorry JT, eyes are peeled for it! :(

#17 rabidh

rabidh

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:35 AM

Really bad luck :( It sounds like someone's keeping an eye on TMS - especially given this isn't the first time people have broken in. Do you have CCTV?

It must be so frustrating. Not exactly losing the money, but all the development work that went into the car :( It sucks that every time someone puts some effort in, some scum decides they should take it away for a quick buck :(

Did the car have an immobiliser still, or do you think they'd have had to have towed/low-loaded it?

*EDIT] It might be an idea to hide this thread/delete posts about bits being distictive. If they read this then they might not flog the distinctive bits that would help you find out who they were

Edited by rabidh, 05 June 2007 - 08:37 AM.

#18 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:58 AM

Should get this onto all the other Speedster forums too... myspeedster.ch etc What's the German one? Can't remember all the urls...

#19 wmg100

wmg100

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:26 AM

:9mm: Will keep an eye out.

#20 Rosso Rebel

Rosso Rebel

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:21 AM

Absolute Bstds - I never understand what makes people think they have the right to take something they haven't worked their bits off for. fingers crossed it gets recovered quickly - we'll all keep any eye out for it. And, don't give up John - we need to see you guys in the VX's out on track with the Loti's, keeping it real!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users