Antgtv Has Been Caught By Police For 150mph Photos

• Please log in to reply
366 replies to this topic

#41 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • Interests:Aerobatics, Cars, Bikes, Birds, having fun.

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:42 AM

If the road had been a no-limit road in Germany there would be no issue. 150mph is not always dangerous.

He has my sympathy.

Whoever grassed him up should be ashamed of themselves.

#42 jasvxt

jasvxt

Scary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:44 AM

It might seem my comments were somewhat harsh, I mean lets be rite, who has'nt broke the speed limit, Christ ave just forked out another 60 spots and 3 x penalty points for doing 39 on a 2 laned rd which was a 30mph limit in a sodding punto. But to do 150+ AND photo it. Hello, knock knock is there anyone in.
I tell you what I love about this site, the amount of genuine concern/help/support etc etc shown by fellow 220ers for Gareth Newark, Thorney and his nicked car and many other sceanrios.
At the moment I am driving around in "Thats the car which that plank was doing 150" and we are all tarred wi the same brush. Not good.

Note: And seeing as the Sun has already visited the 220org site once to read comments re this I would suggest they are not that thick to have a look during the day to see whats being wrote.

Also, If you are reading this Mr Sun, do you want to buy any topless photos of me Mum, Shes 69 and ones hanging a bit lower than the other but apart from that there not bad.

:lol: :lol: PMSL top stuff Tash thumbsup

#43 jakepeg

jakepeg

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:ALL SPORT
    Oh and now electric guitars and lots of noise

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:47 AM

That really is quite hilarious..........don't think we'll be getting too many more posts of that ilk going forwards :lol:

Not a bad pic of a VX either - at least they got one in the best colour :P

I didnt think Blue ones went as fast :)

So how many times has anyone posted incriminating tales here? I see some rapid editing going on.

#44 CheesyPuff

CheesyPuff

• PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:Dogging

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:49 AM

But lets not be to harsh and point fingers as I think he may not be the only one to have broken the speed limits in a VX [or indeed in any car], he may however be the only one that self incriminated himself so deserves a bit of a ribbing over that at least.

thumbsup

Damn thats what I meant, I think my keyboard is playing up it must be the tears affecting it lol

Darren...

#45 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:52 AM

If the road had been a no-limit road in Germany there would be no issue. 150mph is not always dangerous.
He has my sympathy.

DAFL thumbsup

#46 jakepeg

jakepeg

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:ALL SPORT
    Oh and now electric guitars and lots of noise

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:53 AM

Holy crap, I remember posting a piture of my VX blasting the hell out of the Whitehouse (as in Independence Day) Does that mean Doubya will be invading Essex in a retallaitory anti terrorist strike? :o

#47 CheesyPuff

CheesyPuff

• PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:Dogging

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:57 AM

Well they are right speeding is dangerous, its true Ive split my sides open just reading some of the comments. I think mr Tashy's comment about his mum dealt the final blow, you are a commic god in my eyes sir.. Darren.. :D

#48 robfenn

robfenn

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Photography, Travelling, Racing Cars.

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:01 AM

Bang out of order whoever told the paper IMO. I read the thread concerned and yes, he seemed arrogant and perhaps he was aggressive, but then that's what some will do when everyone attacks you. The right thing to do was if you were really that bothered, was to email him personally and give him and honest and friendly tips on how to stop digging himself a hole. Perhaps making a point of safety, and that you know one or two driving days if he's interested... In this case someone clearly just wanted revenge because of what antgtv said to them. We all do silly things, to think this bloke could be in danger of going to jail because someone wanted to get his own back is beyond my comprehension. Some owners club for fellow enthusiasts this is then.... :poke:

Edited by robfenn, 06 June 2007 - 09:02 AM.

#49 JayK

JayK

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:02 AM

thats fcuking harsh........ who grassed him up? i hope you get banned for speeding cause you know you do it! now the cops will be wasting there time with this investigation rather than proper police stuff. now the sun paper will be digging around on this site for other things, anyone else posted video's or exhausts tests im sure they have, obviously breaking speedlimits! oh maybe they will tell the cops that half of the vx owners have small number plates that are not legal, oh theres so much more. lets all say thanks to that prick who has made the VX220.ORG.UK even better by attracting the right attention!

Edited by JayK, 06 June 2007 - 09:10 AM.

#50 Jaysith

Jaysith

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:02 AM

He has my sympathy.

ashamed of themselves?

i think they should be congratulated, how else would i have got so much amusement this morning at work?

Edited by Jaysith, 06 June 2007 - 09:03 AM.

#51 chuno

chuno

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Football (playing and watching)

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:03 AM

OMFG! He's famous! :D Doh! :beat: :rolleyes:

Edited by chuno, 06 June 2007 - 09:04 AM.

#52 snoopstah

snoopstah

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:10 AM

What does 'Member Group: Validating' mean (in his profile)?

#53 XXX

XXX

Invisible ex-VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:11 AM

Seems to me he grassed himself up by posting up the pic etc in the first place. Stupid thing to do and it was pointed out to him as soon as it was posted up. Thread even mentions previous cases of forum threads incriminating a driver. I agree though, if someone from here actually went to the Sun to bring the story into the public domain, it is out of order. IMHO.

#54 NickH

NickH

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:11 AM

73 guests currently viewing the site! :o

#55 Simply the Best

Simply the Best

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Time for it and everything associated to go.

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:12 AM

I'm always more careful driving my VXT than my other car ... in fact, I've recently got points for driving a Punto too fast in a 30mph zone. The downside to this is that as VX drivers ... we get looked at and often followed by the Police just in case something doesn't come back PNC clean ... now we are more likley to get pulled over for a 'friendly word of advice' and a details check too. Great. What a waste of Police time!?! We all speed, but there's a time and a place - when it's safe (but nothing is 100%) or on a track where fewer lives are at risk. Cops and the government take a harsh view on speeding these days, we've all seen the ad campaigns on the TV and at the cinema; some of which have been very graphic. If it can be PROVEN that this arsehole broke the law and really was going that fast, he will probably get a massive slap on the wrist, a hefty fine, and have his license revolked. In my view, good. He deserves it for being proud of endangering lives. Come on ... would you like to be infront of his car travelling at well over 200metres per second? Put your child in place ... how do you feel now??? It isn't clever. I also know that it sounds ridiculous, but think about it. I travel on major roads to work every day, we have motorway maintenance men about all the time. All they have to do is trip up. I've dealt with serious RTC's ... god. I don't like it either. And yes, I will be watching my speed from my last experience. Stay safe people, and try to keep within the law.

#56 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:20 AM

Come on ... would you like to be infront of his car travelling at well over 200metres per second? Put your child in place ... how do you feel now??? It isn't clever.

What a load of sh*t. Your admission of speeding in a 30 zone is likely far more dangerous to others than speeding on an empty motorway.

#57 JayK

JayK

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:23 AM

The picture he post of the motorway was empty, totally clear, so shut up with all that crap as said u in a 30mph where u got points, where kids are likely to be running out in front of you is far more dangerous.

#58 HRL

HRL

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:24 AM

I've never seen a kid wandering along the fast lane or the central reservation of the M20. :poke:

#59 snoopstah

snoopstah

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:24 AM

would you like to be infront of his car travelling at well over 200metres per second?

VX220 in 447mph top speed shocker! ;)

(67 metres per second - not that it makes your point any less valid in my view)

#60 JayK

JayK

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:26 AM

would you like to be infront of his car travelling at well over 200metres per second?

VX220 in 447mph top speed shocker! ;)

(67 metres per second - not that it makes your point any less valid in my view)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users