Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:42 PM

Posted Image

#44 Crimson_Killa

Crimson_Killa

Posting My Opinion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

In the words of the Kaiser Chiefs - "I Predict A Riot" (Just happened to be listening to it while reading this and its quite apt) btw IBTL..... Oh and might be worth letting pistonheads etc know that this is a crashed car pointing to this topic. its a 9/10 chance that a buyer will check either here or pistonheads about it before they buy as its a kinda exclulsive car......

#45 Guest_Mikey (Guest)

Guest_Mikey (Guest)

you think he's typing a response? suspense is killing me!

#46 snoopstah

snoopstah

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

do it snoops... we can have an exclusive SCC VXR club then :D

:D

Bit over my budget anyway - think I'd rather get a sensibly-modded VXT instead.

Plus I don't like red cars... :unsure:

#47 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:46 PM

Explanation is quite simple the car for sale has not been in any accidents, the computer I use is at my brothers workshop and he has and does repair cars for a living as i said any inspection is welcome. I like the homework going on though keep it up

#48 Crimson_Killa

Crimson_Killa

Posting My Opinion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:47 PM

Explanation is quite simple the car for sale has not been in any accidents, the computer I use is at my brothers workshop and he has and does repair cars for a living as i said any inspection is welcome. I like the homework going on though keep it up

Man the suspense wasnt worth it...... :lol: at the response though

#49 wrightster

wrightster

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:49 PM

if the car is not cat c or d then a HPI check may show its clear, does a seller have to tell people about every bump a car has had? i have just sold an NA which as far as i am aware has never had an accident (hpi clear) but before i owned it i dont know if someone has bumped it..... if someone psoted pics up of it vcrashed i may never have seen them before maybe Imran does know about its history maybe he doesnt....

#50 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:51 PM

A couple of questions for you...

What's your brothers name?
What's the name and address of the garage?

Thank you for helping us get to the bottom of this issue.

#51 Crimson_Killa

Crimson_Killa

Posting My Opinion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

if the car is not cat c or d then a HPI check may show its clear, does a seller have to tell people about every bump a car has had? i have just sold an NA which as far as i am aware has never had an accident (hpi clear) but before i owned it i dont know if someone has bumped it..... if someone psoted pics up of it vcrashed i may never have seen them before

maybe Imran does know about its history maybe he doesnt....

you have a legal responsibility to inform the new seller about the history.

If the seller then finds out it was crashed and repaired (through Insurance or not) then iirc the seller holds responsibility for it.

ie in this case selling a car worth 20k for 20k but a crashed one would only be worth 17k

holding back the repair information is misleading the buyer in to paying an extra 3k hence in a way its fraud.......

but as its hpi is clear im not sure about the legality of this holding up in court (not that it would necicarily go that far.... im rambling now so will stop)

Edited by Crimson_Killa, 02 August 2007 - 12:53 PM.

#52 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:55 PM

A couple of questions for you...

What's your brothers name?
What's the name and address of the garage?

Thank you for helping us get to the bottom of this issue.

Imtiaz is his name Customize Bodyworkz in Crawley

#53 wrightster

wrightster

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:56 PM

you have a legal responsibility to inform the new seller about the history

my point is though (although maybe not in this case) the seller may not know of the previuos history, is that damage really that bad?

#54 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:57 PM

if the car is not cat c or d then a HPI check may show its clear, does a seller have to tell people about every bump a car has had? i have just sold an NA which as far as i am aware has never had an accident (hpi clear) but before i owned it i dont know if someone has bumped it..... if someone psoted pics up of it vcrashed i may never have seen them before

you have a legal responsibility to inform the new seller about the history.

If the seller then finds out it was crashed and repaired (through Insurance or not) then iirc the seller holds responsibility for it.

ie in this case selling a car worth 20k for 20k but a crashed one would only be worth 17k

holding back the repair information is misleading the buyer in to paying an extra 3k hence in a way its fraud.......

but as its hpi is clear im not sure about the legality of this holding up in court (not that it would necicarily go that far.... im rambling now so will stop)

If this is the case then maybe I should take it up with the seller i bought the car from. But i need to know for sure if the pictures are of my VXR, does anyone know where they came from

#55 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

All we are currently trying to do is ascertain whether the damaged VXR that we have pictures/registration number/etc of is the same one as the VXR that Imran is selling.

As both the above cars have had the same number plate (J9 VXR) and certain other things also coincide, things are looking a little suspicious.

If they are the same car, he may not know about the damage. This does not mean that any potential new owner has to remain ignorant of it.

The questions here are:
1. Is Imran's car the same as the damaged one?
2. If, and only if, the above is true, does Imran know about the damage and is hiding it or did he buy it from someone else who has hidden the history?

I have nothing to gain from this either way other than getting to the bottom of it. We are a small, close-knit community and we look out for our own :grouphug:

#56 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:03 PM

How many VX's has he repaired?

#57 wrightster

wrightster

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:04 PM

fair comments and i agrre i just think Imran should have een sent the pictures 1st before they were posted (unless of course he was in which case all is fair :) ) i contacted the seller of a VXR on pistonheads which has an intresting past he denied all knowledge but still has the car for sale.

#58 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:06 PM

How many VX's has he repaired?

A few not sure how many feel free to ring and ask him

#59 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:15 PM

the computer I use is at my brothers workshop

Judging from your posting times, his garage is open all hours! Seems you're in there most days at 10pm, 11pm, mindight, 1 in the morning sometimes...

#60 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:25 PM

OK this is very easy to turn into a witch hunt and thats not good for anyone, however some investigatvie work does seem to have shown some questions over the car in question (the one Imran is selling). So for the sale of clarity and also to help Imran answer any questions on the car whuch will of course aid any sale can you answer the following: Has the car you are advertising for sale been repaired to your knowledge? Can you explain the IP address similarities with your brothers workshop? That should resolve any issues I think. The Vauxhall system will tell me the current and past owners of that chassis number but noth whether it has been repaired or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users