• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:25 AM

add in the CC price too. You are looking at about £8-9K as a realiastic figure imho.

#22 Winstar

Winstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:56 AM

add in the CC price too.

You are looking at about £8-9K as a realiastic figure imho.

I thought there was a CC included in the price for the stg2

#23 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:09 AM

Prices are as they appear on the Courtenay web site there's nothing hidden. CC is included for Stage 2 but you can pay extra for a larger header tank. You don't need a stronger clutch, nor a lightened flywheel, nor a different rad nor different brakes (assuming you're already on Mintex/Pagids). I strongly suggest you talk to Mark or Jon at Courtenay and not take unqualified advice from those who don't know what they're talking about or have an axe to grind.
chinky chinky

Edited by VIX, 14 June 2008 - 09:18 AM.

#24 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:26 AM

lmfao nice edit :P I've not got an axe to grind, if that is indeed aimed at me :P maybe you need to put that axe down yourself :rolleyes: I dirtied my pc and had a look on the website lol. Quite why anyone would bother with the stg1 since the stg 2 is fark all more :poke:

#25 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:30 AM

Quite why anyone would bother with the stg1 since the stg 2 is fark all more :poke:

IIRC no-one has. :poke: :beat: :P

#26 Shamone

Shamone

• PipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Cars-VX220- Focus ST-Mini Cooper S - Bikes-Honda Hornet - Skiing

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:20 AM

Just sent Courtney the following questions:

I only have a VSE and not a full system, but would be really stretching my budget by going much over the £5500 and am concerned of the costs spiraling as mentioned by some members of VX220.org. I would like to have a complete honest and open idea of costs before proceeding.
Would fitting a Miltek sports cat with the VSE be considered as a full system, or is the VSE too restrictive?
I am also considering a Dbilas exhaust manifold, depending on price.
Do I need any other things upgrading, like clutch, flywheel etc ? (I already have Nitron's (not yet fitted), 1144 pads and Team Dynamics with sticky rubber)
Do you have a limit on how much can be put on a credit card?
What is the turn around?
Do you have a long waiting list, would the end of June beginning of July be available if I went ahead?
Sorry for all the questions, but it's a lot of money and I'd like to know what I'd be letting myself in for without any costly surprises.

I really have to stop myself getting carried away, cannot really afford it, but am planning on having kids next year so if I don't do it now I never will :blink:

#27 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:30 PM

I would have no hesitation getting the courtenay sc stage 2 fitted, Jon is a decent guy and courtenay have done several sc conversions already this year and a few still to do probably :D But for me forced induction is not the route I have chosen :tt: have the sc conversion done, you won't regret it B)

Edited by vocky, 14 June 2008 - 12:30 PM.

#28 thelynxeffect

thelynxeffect

• PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:05 PM

I would have no hesitation getting the Courtenay sc stage 2 fitted

Okay, I was keeping quite about what I've now got lurking under my hood until I'd had a chance to blast around in it for a while but this seems like a perfect time to reveal all...

I put mine in for a stage 2 supercharger conversion about two and a half weeks ago and I collected it on Wednesday evening, The difference to previous conversions though was that mine was not fitted with the piggy back ECU nor was the compression ratio lowered, hence no need for a spacer plate therefore no requirement to remove the head. It is only running with a standard fuel rail with 4 tubby injectors. The Standard ECU was remapped by Courtenay's giving a nice strong set of figures but more importantly a very fast drivable car. This is the first of it's type in the UK but there are 5 or 6 in Germany in this configuration.

This should, I assume bring the cost down in the future for anyone who gets one done. I'm not going to even mention what it cost cos I got loads of other stuff done as well, speak to Mark or Jon for a personal quote.

The service I got from them was second to none, they are absolute professionals who kept the workshop open till 8pm to get the car finished the day I picked it up, They spent a lifetime fine tuning the map to get it perfect, a job I'm sure others tuners may have brushed off as "it'll do". from now on ALL my Vx220 work will be done by Courtenay's, without a doubt the best garage I have ever used.

I am so happy with the results, the car goes like stink and sounds amazing, with some help to the 2.5" Larini but mostly due to the supercharger.

Whatever route you decide to go down, you cannot beat the drive and sound of a S/C

Jon and Mark at Courtenay's , Thank you chinky chinky

On a side note, if you run the spell check on the Google toolbar it will turn the chinky chinky icon into "stinky chink", I would just like to point out that I do not belive that Chinese people have personal hygine problems and am in no way connected to Google.inc.

H

Edited by thelynxeffect, 14 June 2008 - 01:11 PM.

#29 Shamone

Shamone

• PipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Cars-VX220- Focus ST-Mini Cooper S - Bikes-Honda Hornet - Skiing

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:39 PM

Jesus I think I'm going to have a sex wee :groupjump: If they don't reply I'll ring them the middle of next week, if I can hold back that long :rolleyes: I guess it's OK to mention your conversion? Also I was wondering how much power it gives? Thanks for making my day, Simon

Edited by Shamone, 14 June 2008 - 01:40 PM.

#30 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:44 PM

The difference to previous conversions though was that mine was not fitted with the piggy back ECU nor was the compression ratio lowered, hence no need for a spacer plate therefore no requirement to remove the head. It is only running with a standard fuel rail with 4 tubby injectors. The Standard ECU was remapped by Courtenay's giving a nice strong set of figures but more importantly a very fast drivable car. This is the first of it's type in the UK but there are 5 or 6 in Germany in this configuration.

This should, I assume bring the cost down in the future for anyone who gets one done.

Blimey, sounds great. But they kept that quiet so it's a bit of a bombshell for those of us who've recently paid for the full monty. :o
I'll be interested how you find it. Any graphs to post up? thumbsup
chinky chinky

#31 thelynxeffect

thelynxeffect

• PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:54 PM

Blimey, sounds great. But they kept that quiet so it's a bit of a bombshell for those of us who've recently paid for the full monty. :o
I'll be interested how you find it. Any graphs to post up? thumbsup
chinky chinky

TBH not much price difference from yours VIX. I was expecting a standard install when I dropped it off, I think it just goes to show that Courtenays are always looking for ways to develop the conversion.

I'll do the graphs this evening when I rig up the scanner however, 243Bhp and a 216 lbs Tq is a match for most stage 2's

#32 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:39 PM

Top Stuff! Glad to here you like it!

#33 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:39 PM

243Bhp and a 216 lbs Tq is a match for most stage 2's

Very nice. thumbsup

#34 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 05:44 PM

I put mine in for a stage 2 supercharger conversion about two and a half weeks ago and I collected it on Wednesday evening, The difference to previous conversions though was that mine was not fitted with the piggy back ECU nor was the compression ratio lowered, hence no need for a spacer plate therefore no requirement to remove the head. It is only running with a standard fuel rail with 4 tubby injectors. The Standard ECU was remapped by Courtenay's giving a nice strong set of figures but more importantly a very fast drivable car. This is the first of it's type in the UK but there are 5 or 6 in Germany in this configuration.

This should, I assume bring the cost down in the future for anyone who gets one done.

Is this going to end up on their website? I'm intrigued as to the price (not asking you to tell me, btw!).. :)

#35 alanoo

alanoo

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:32 PM

The difference to previous conversions though was that mine was not fitted with the piggy back ECU nor was the compression ratio lowered, hence no need for a spacer plate therefore no requirement to remove the head.

Ah finally !!

That was a very good decision Imnotworthy

#36 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:14 PM

The service I got from them was second to none, they are absolute professionals who kept the workshop open till 8pm to get the car finished the day I picked it up, They spent a lifetime fine tuning the map to get it perfect, a job I'm sure others tuners may have brushed off as "it'll do". from now on ALL my Vx220 work will be done by Courtenay's, without a doubt the best garage I have ever used.

ditto - They stayed 'til 10pm on a friday to try to sort mine!

Glad you are happy, an excellent choice thumbsup

#37 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:20 PM

The difference to previous conversions though was that mine was not fitted with the piggy back ECU nor was the compression ratio lowered, hence no need for a spacer plate therefore no requirement to remove the head.

Ah finally !!

That was a very good decision Imnotworthy

Yeah..

Heard recently that they were now able to program the 2,2 ECU and adjust the timing/fuelling for the SC. Sooooo much better than the piggyback and decompression plate. Would love to see some graphs of this. chinky chinky

#38 thelynxeffect

thelynxeffect

• PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 06:44 AM

Would love to see some graphs of this. chinky chinky

Throttle response is instant, Power delivery is smooth and linear

Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 10:19 AM

Would love to see some graphs of this. chinky chinky

Power delivery is smooth and linear

You cannot get much more linear than that... thumbsup

Hmmm... Maybe I should postpone my LSJ engine swap.. Just mount the sc on my 2,2 and give Courtenay a call. :rolleyes:

#40 mandarinvx

mandarinvx

King of First Replies

• 12,621 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:27 AM

243Bhp and a 216 lbs Tq is a match for most stage 2's

:o Imnotworthy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users