51 replies to this topic

#41 Roberty

Roberty

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Interests:GONE

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:21 PM

Lotus are rightfully proud of the VX220, why cant the VX220 be proud of being a lotus?

:poke:

i would'nt exactly say lotus are proud of the VX220 after what happened at the 60th anniversary.

I must ask, what happened at the 60th Anniversary then?

#42 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:37 PM

Lotus are rightfully proud of the VX220, why cant the VX220 be proud of being a lotus?

i would'nt exactly say lotus are proud of the VX220 after what happened at the 60th anniversary.

They wouldn't let us park with them !

#43 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts
  • Interests:playing cars and general mischief.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:00 PM

:lol:

#44 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:15 PM

well i wouldnt want a chav in a white vx with go faster stripes on it next to me either :lol:

#45 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:47 PM

well i wouldnt want a chav in a white vx with go faster stripes on it next to me either :lol:

your car looks like it's had what call round here in North London

The "Kentish Tann"

satsuma boy :D

#46 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

pastey boy! :lol:

Edited by joe_589, 13 February 2009 - 04:02 PM.

#47 iceman

iceman

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,159 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

nice post above thumbsup .

--------------------

Personally i'd much rather an opel badge on the front. I'll not defend that preference as i don't need to but would like to add as an explanation, that i just think it looks better. Less complicated/fussy than the griffin and sums up the instant 'lightening bolt' response of the vx's input more than a legendary bird does. For me it's more about fitting in with the ethos of the car and the straight lined body contours, rather than liking or not liking a visual representation of any one manufacturer over another. I would debadge the front totally but think that the mouth and 'V' tooth within it, needs something in there. I think the silver vx's profit more from having the 'V' in the front grill but understand why the coloured's sometimes remove theirs and subsequently their front badges.

Willow/Paul..If we get a chance to meet up sometime, i'll happily swap any badges with you thumbsup .

Why don't you design and make your own badge and be original.

That's how car badges came about in the first place.

Gosh..now that's a jolly good idea that man and one that never even entered my head. I am quite an artistic little icey but must admit that the design of said badge/emblem would be the easy bit, it would be the actual making of it to a high enough standard to do the vx justice that i would struggle at :) .

Edited by iceman, 13 February 2009 - 07:09 PM.

#48 almar

almar

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:21 PM

Posted Image :rolleyes:

#49 Roberty

Roberty

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:55 PM

Was that a Lotus Factory decision?

or a decision made by one or more Jelous Tw@t$ who wished they're cars were as rare as ours?

Sounds like Lotus drivers enjoy the Vauxhall link to there cars about as much as some of the VX drivers???

#50 Roberty

Roberty

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:02 PM

[/quote] Gosh..now that's a jolly good idea that man and one that never even entered my head. I am quite an artistic little icey but must admit that the design of said badge/emblem would be the easy bit, it would be the actual making of it to a high enough standard to do the vx justice that i would struggle at :) . [/quote] Other Lotuses,Lotus's, Loti??? Just use vinyl logo's which are easy to get made and will save a gram or two in weight. Bring on the design, they'll sell like hot cakes.

#51 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:03 PM

Yep. To the credit of quite a few Lotus owners, they also thought that decision was pretty unfair. Lotus Carlton allowed, VX220 not.

Edited by techieboy, 13 February 2009 - 09:04 PM.

#52 Roberty

Roberty

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

Yep. To the credit of quite a few Lotus owners, they also thought that decision was pretty unfair. Lotus Carlton allowed, VX220 not.

Harsh.

Lotus happy to take the cash to develop and build the car and happy to reskin it as an S2 elise but want to hide it away at the anniversary meet?

Harsh and surprised.

F*@k em then, only more reason to call it a Lotus if it's going to Pi$$ them off!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users