• 22,801 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

ok as pro mess i have the following items for sale

price can be found there http://www.tabletopt..._steel-386.aspx in uk

first set of 6 items for beginners
....http://www.amazon.co...sl_2o11qra4s8_e

Posted Image

no blocks with it :closedeyes: my wife wanted it :D
good home required and offers on my pm please will dispatche the items on recorded delivery

now for the piece of resistance and was bloody hard to get
all my love goes for them as there are the business in catering

Posted Image

6 of the finest knife
http://www.vx220.org...l-9-inch-blade/ my last thread on members interested
now either i sales them separately or as a all set :closedeyes:
price on there http://www.tabletoptraders.co.uk/shop_kai_shun-385.aspx?_$ja=kw:shun+knife|cgn:Shun_Shun|cgid:1721809960|tsid:26921|cn:Shun|cid:52599520|lid:17992601440|mt:Phrase|nw:search|crid:6311441200|bku:1&

gclid=CP_wue_u86gCFVJX4QodDzy4SQ

this is a offer i will never repeat and offers on my pm please and will be dispatched recorded delivery

http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/99012-shun-stell-blade/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7N95BYgHDY&feature=player_embedded

payment on bank transfert please chinky chinky

Edited by crazyfrog, 19 May 2011 - 11:18 AM.

#2 elwill

elwill

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:36 AM

Would you consider splitting up the Globals or do you want to sell them as a set? As an independent opinion, I will say Global knives are amazing. Nearly cut through my finger the other day with one.

#3 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:59 AM

Would you consider splitting up the Globals or do you want to sell them as a set?

As an independent opinion, I will say Global knives are amazing. Nearly cut through my finger the other day with one.

i prefer to sell it as a set as it is only six and they just need a good home and can make a supper deal
if not pm me with your requirement please

#4 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:17 PM

can be bought cheaper from here fab

#5 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:20 PM

can be bought cheaper from here fab

Posted Image

#6 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:01 PM

doooooooooo this is a sale and i won't bother again if all my thread are treated as jokes why am i always giving good things away you tell me :closedeyes: where are the mods when you need them you tell me :rolleyes: anyway few's offers have been made and they wont stay long on the vx220.org back to my subject ps steve that wasn't meant at you but joe chinky chinky

Edited by crazyfrog, 19 May 2011 - 02:06 PM.

#7 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

doooooooooo
this is a sale and i won't bother again if all my thread are treated as jokes
why am i always giving good things away you tell me :closedeyes:
where are the mods when you need them you tell me :rolleyes:

anyway few's offers have been made and they wont stay long on the vx220.org
back to my subject

ps steve that wasn't meant at you but joe chinky chinky

do want him banned for 1hour? Will give us all some peace, and he will have go work on fix his VX.

#8 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

do want him banned for 1hour? Will give us all some peace, and he will have go work on fix his VX.

no band seb instead :lol:
i am trying to help members a a big mug as i am

#9 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

:lol: you stated in another for sale thread that you like to see prices yet you haven't put any prices up :lol: Least it's an excuse for you to try an get some sympathy :P

#10 snotvomit

snotvomit

• PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Computers, sports cars

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:36 PM

I would love a Shun set. Damascus steel - beautiful. On a side note, if anyone has knives that they want sharpening to a razor edge, I am happy to do so - been sharpening knives since I was 10 years old and I have all the kit. I will only put a razor edge on decent steel, though. There's no point in putting an edge like that on cheap stuff because the edge degrades too quickly when the steel is soft.

#11 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

:lol: you stated in another for sale thread that you like to see prices yet you haven't put any prices up :lol:

Least it's an excuse for you to try an get some sympathy :P

p*ss off you rodney :rolleyes:
Christine liked the song as she was a mod :P

paring knife 8.5 cm mh 0700
bread slicing knife 22.5 cm mh 0705
chef knife 10cm mh 0707
santoku knife 16 cm mh 0702
utility knife 15 cm mh 0701
slicing knife 22.5 cm mh 0704

offers over £300.00 are you happy now joe :D

#12 elwill

elwill

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

I would love a Shun set. Damascus steel - beautiful.

On a side note, if anyone has knives that they want sharpening to a razor edge, I am happy to do so - been sharpening knives since I was 10 years old and I have all the kit.

I will only put a razor edge on decent steel, though. There's no point in putting an edge like that on cheap stuff because the edge degrades too quickly when the steel is soft.

Who lets a 10 year old sharpen knives?

I want to get a decent steel, using the Minosharp at the moment, but put off the Global steels because one of them can shatter and the other is quite pricey for me at the mo.

Back on topic:
Fab I'd be interested in one or two of them, but already have the G2, the santoku, and I think a couple of the others, so wouldn't be keen on the set.

I'll let someone else take them as a set as I agree would be a lot easier for you to sell them together, but if you have trouble getting rid of them PM me.

thumbsup

#13 snotvomit

snotvomit

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:12 PM

On a side note, if anyone has knives that they want sharpening to a razor edge, I am happy to do so - been sharpening knives since I was 10 years old and I have all the kit.

I will only put a razor edge on decent steel, though. There's no point in putting an edge like that on cheap stuff because the edge degrades too quickly when the steel is soft.

Well, we're talking 1978 here. No-one minded. I was casting stuff in lead at that age too.

Using a steel is OK for a fairly crude edge but for a proper razor edge you need to use much finer abrasive. I finish blades on a 10,000 grit Japanese water stone followed by a strop but you have to work your way through the stones. For a blunt knife I start with a 240 grid diamond plate, then 400, then 1,200, then a 4,000 water stone then 6,000 then 10,000 then strop.

#14 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

I want to get a decent steel, using the Minosharp at the moment, but put off the Global steels because one of them can shatter and the other is quite pricey for me at the mo.

Back on topic:
Fab I'd be interested in one or two of them, but already have the G2, the santoku, and I think a couple of the others, so wouldn't be keen on the set.

I'll let someone else take them as a set as I agree would be a lot easier for you to sell them together, but if you have trouble getting rid of them PM me.

thumbsup

will do and had a good 20 pm for them already chinky chinky now this is getting complicated :lol: what do i do :mellow:

#15 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

For a blunt knife I start with a 240 grid diamond plate, then 400, then 1,200, then a 4,000 water stone then 6,000 then 10,000 then strop.

I'd have given up after the first step and either gone out for a meal or got a takeaway. :o

#16 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

Using a steel is OK for a fairly crude edge but for a proper razor edge you need to use much finer abrasive. I finish blades on a 10,000 grit Japanese water stone followed by a strop but you have to work your way through the stones. For a blunt knife I start with a 240 grid diamond plate, then 400, then 1,200, then a 4,000 water stone then 6,000 then 10,000 then strop.

i have a machine who do all that :D and a diamonds steel to correct the blade when i use them a lots ;)

i have a finger missing as well B)

#17 snotvomit

snotvomit

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:00 PM

I'd have given up after the first step and either gone out for a meal or got a takeaway. :o

Yes :) It takes a while.

i have a machine who do all that :D and a diamonds steel to correct the blade when i use them a lots ;)

i have a finger missing as well B)

A machine can only go so far - and you're snookered if you want to change the profile on the blade or if you have a blade that is an unusual shape. Your knives are fine for a machine and will certainly by servicably sharp. My methods are for any kind of non-serrated blade - I do everything from pocket knives to swords and axes.

link

#18 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:05 PM

link

chinky chinky but you don't need a machete to cut apple :lol:
ps i use a diamonds hand machine with a degree ajuster on it for serious sharpening ;)

#19 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:51 PM

shun steel knife set all brand new :wub:

1 paring knife 8.5 cm mh 0700
1 bread slicing knife 22.5 cm mh 0705
1 chef knife 10cm mh 0707
1 santoku knife 16 cm mh 0702
1 utility knife 15 cm mh 0701
1 slicing knife 22.5 cm mh 0704

offers over £300.00

global set all brand new x6

1 croma 18 stainles stell yoshikin. japan GS-38
1 croma 18 stainles stell yoshikin. japan GS-36
1 croma 18 stainles stell yoshikin. japan GS-3
1 croma 18 stainles stell yoshikin. japan GS-37
1 croma 18 stainles stell yoshikin. japan G-2
1 croma 18 stainles stell yoshikin. japan G-9

offer over £100.00...

Edited by crazyfrog, 19 May 2011 - 04:56 PM.

#20 Joss

Joss

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts
  • Interests:everything

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:07 PM

I'd be interested in just the santoku if you are splitting them Fab

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users