• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:40 PM

This has come around a lot sooner than I expected, but my Mandarin VXT is now up for sale.

It is 1 of 3 built, and sensibly modified to make into a fantastic car.

The typical VX220 issues have been solved (rad, engine mounts) and major service with all belts done earlier this year.

After doing my ARDS in June, my plan is now to compete in the MSA Trackday Trophy and the VXT does not fit into the regs (limit is 200bhp/tonne). Makes sense to start developing my driving and the car I'm going to compete in sooner rather than later.

For a bit of history, I bought the car 6 months ago from BazMV6, who had done a superb job of looking after the car since 2008.
There is a nice big file to backup service history, old tax discs and some other incidental history.
It had certainly been garaged throughout his ownership, and I have kept it garaged since. Although the front suffers from the typical stonechips, I've not seen any bubbling anywhere on the car.

There is 12 month tax as of 1st August, and MOT runs to 4th Feb 2012.

Comes with 3 keys and 2 alarm fobs.

Details of the car are as follows:

Registered 30/12/2003
Mandarin Orange with black leather and touring pack
30k miles
Full Miltek system
Stage 2 remap
Alpine CD head unit with iPod input

After getting the car home, I had PSR Automotive carry out some work and the below is a list of what has been done since I purchased the car:

Full major service (March) including new timing belt, tensioners and water pump
Pro-alloy rad (March)
Engine mounts (March)
Roof/door seals (May)
Yokohama AD-08s on black 16/17 Compomotive MOs (April)
Full set of new discs and Mintex 1155 pads (May)
DOT 5.1 brake and clutch fluid (May)

The car is available with the standard wheels (has standard spec Bridgestones) or with the AD-08s.

I am after £13.5k on standard wheels or £14k on the Compos with AD-08s.

Couple of photos from the National:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Old photos:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

Hope its a quick sale Alex. I can vouch for this car....someone will get a very nice rare VX.

#3 G-Bob

G-Bob

Embarrassing VX's in an MX5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts
  • Interests:Silver VX Bashing!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

I saw this at the weekend and it was looking lovely! :wub:

#4 2.2_na

2.2_na

No Compromise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:07 PM

my Mandarin VXT is now up for sale.

.....It is 1 of 3 built

1 of 3 built......You, YellowOrBlack, but who has the other one?

Good luck with the sale. thumbsup

#5 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for the comments, it is a lovely car! If I had more space and could afford to keep it and run a track car, it would certainly be staying.

1 of 3 built......You, YellowOrBlack, but who has the other one?

Believe it is still on the road but owned by someone who does not come on the forum.

Hopefully it will be a quick sale, but there is no rush as do not plan to start racing until 2013. Realistically would like it to go before start of next years track season, so by March or April would be ideal.

#6 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

Forgot to mention that I also have a brand new TAT short black rounded diffuser that is currently not fitted. This is negotiable with the car, or if car bought without it will be for sale separately. To confirm the car is HPI clear, not a cat C/D, no finance.

Edited by Boombang, 12 July 2011 - 05:59 PM.

#7 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

Beautiful car Alex. :wub: Must resist.........must resist. And I ain't letting Mrs W see this advert. She'd do anything for a Mandarin Turbo, so god only knows what she's do for a Stage 2 Mandarin Turbo. :blink:

#8 Yellow_or_black?

Yellow_or_black?

Iceman

• 12,905 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:06 AM

Frosty has the third, I believe; MartinS' area. Have seen him on here replying to a spotted from Martin. Think it was him who got it - the one that was billed as a VXR :unsure:

Alex :( :( You know I'm on the interview panel, for prospective buyers of Vince's spare twin :D :(

PS Suppose I should be glad it's escaping before having its spray can makeover :lol: :P

Edited by Yellow_or_black?, 13 July 2011 - 10:18 AM.

#9 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

PS Suppose I should be glad it's escaping before having its spray can makeover :lol: :P

Strangely enough I said the same to Baz the other day - that by selling I'm saving the car from myself.

I do strongly believe it is better it stays as a lovely road car than a compromised track machine, and since fitting the AD-08s (which are superb), I've actually contemplated going back to the Bridgestones. This is purely to reduce grip and give some more feel.

#10 nextdoorsophie

nextdoorsophie

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Sports mostly, Football, Running. Will try and give anything a go once!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:04 PM

Hey, She certainly looks stunning, as a newbiee a couple of basic questions if i may. The stage 2 remap is that just an ECU remap or requires upgrading of some other components? The miltek system i assume this has a little BHP increase, is it possible to fit new sections to this if needed or does the whole unit have to be replaced? Sorry if there really stupid questions Thanks Soph

#11 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

The stage 2 remap is that just an ECU remap or requires upgrading of some other components?

Stage 2 is pretty meaningless but I think it's generally accepted as exhaust then appropriate remap.

From the history can see that this car was originally remapped before exhaust, then once the exhaust was fitted it had a further remap.

The miltek system i assume this has a little BHP increase, is it possible to fit new sections to this if needed or does the whole unit have to be replaced?

It is in sections, so could be replaced bit by bit if required. Unsure though if it is compatible with sections of standard exhaust in mix and match (believe it is).
Think exhaust alone will release a little power, but the power curves from original remap to remap after exhaust was fitted show a sizeable jump across the whole graph.
Same rolling road but different days so not directly comparable - but still a good 30bhp improvement.

#12 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:29 AM

Road tax finally arrived (thanks DVLA) so it's got the 12 months promised now. I keep remembering other TADTS type fixes that have been done, another of which is the new battery fitted couple of months ago. Also has the drain pipe heater pipe mod, very effective! Am away on holiday from 23rd July to 6th August, once back I will be advertising properly - current is only on here, obviously would not have made that much sense to put it up on Pistonheads and the like just before I go away!

#13 Tom220SC

Tom220SC

Whiiiiine Addiction

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Football, My VX220.

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:29 AM

Great colour good luck with the sale thumbsup

#14 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

Is it yours in this photo of the 09 london to hayling run?
Posted Image

#15 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

Think it could well be - Baz would have owned it then though. It's a 1 in 3 chance at the utmost anyhow ;)

#16 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:57 PM

Think it could well be - Baz would have owned it then though.

It's a 1 in 3 chance at the utmost anyhow ;)

1 in 2 as it definatly wasnt H's

I do look at the adverts and and think should i just get another vx. The pull of the M400 is strong though but theres none for sale at the minute haha

#17 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

Just checked the reg and that is my car indeed. (is on my private plate so could not remember the original!). If you are interested, please give me a shout and I'll talk you round the car. Really would rather it stayed within the .org community and went to another caring owner.

#18 drien

drien

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

Lovely car!

#19 luke.

luke.

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:47 AM

Think it could well be - Baz would have owned it then though.

It's a 1 in 3 chance at the utmost anyhow ;)

1 in 2 as it definatly wasnt H's

I do look at the adverts and and think should i just get another vx. The pull of the M400 is strong though but theres none for sale at the minute haha

Do it Mark you know you want to :poke: And get nev to build you a monster engine :tt:

#20 vx220soon

vx220soon

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

My perfect VX! Why couldn't this have come up for sale in 6 months time :(. As you said it was on a private plate, you weren't at Le Mans this year were you? As there was a Mandarin VXT camped opposite to us on Beausejour, I got a picture of it looks brilliant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users