Photo

408Bhp / 373Ft-Lb Stage 5+ 2006 Vx220 Turbo (Met Black)

• Please log in to reply
769 replies to this topic

#21 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

Welcome back chinky chinky

:yeahthat:

Talk of Loti or X50's are not allowed anymore! :P

#22 nat

nat

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:25 AM

VX ready for collection chinky chinky

You secretary / sales girl has done a fantastic job whilst you've been away! Imnotworthy

Looking forward to meeting you on Wednesday Jason and running off with the VX quick before you change your mind!!!

It is an absolutely stunning car and a credit to how you both have looked after it and maintained it, It is without a doubt the best example of a vx I've ever seen and I knew if I did'nt get to see it before the weekend it would have been snapped up and gone so many thanks to Nat for chauffeuring me down and sold within 24 hours it was!

See you both Wednesday :)

thumbsup

No probs mate, i knew i'd never hear the end of it if i haddn't!!! lol

#23 jaylin

jaylin

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:04 PM

Boy that was tough! VX gone but not forgotten... Great to meet you today Simon and I can tell the VX will be in good hands. I hope the journey back went well and you enjoyed the drive. Did you manage to keep the roof off all the way home?? :D

#24 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

Boy that was tough!

VX gone but not forgotten...

Great to meet you today Simon and I can tell the VX will be in good hands.
I hope the journey back went well and you enjoyed the drive.

Did you manage to keep the roof off all the way home?? :D

Yep roof off all the way! :)

Many many thanks though Jason to yourself and Linda for all the care you've taken getting the car ready for me, and I'll do my best to keep in in the same immaculate condition that you both have managed this last 5 years.

Even with a gentle drive back to Birmingham just familiarising myself with the car the feel of 360ft lb shoving you in the back is immense :tt:

chinky chinky

Edited by MrSimba, 12 October 2011 - 02:57 PM.

#25 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:30 PM

Now I've got in and had a chance to sit down & reflect on the day I've got to say the car has surpassed all my expectations, I expected it to be f'kin Q U I C K... and it is but it was the CL5's on standard discs / callipers that amazed, great feedback and feel and a real 'bite' to them I had wondered if I was going to need some Alloy belled AP disc's up front but no I definatly don't! The car even with an 'aggressive' map and 360ft lb coming in at 3000rpm is still very progressive and not at all snappy even in the wet on the way back all very planted and stable very confidence inspiring, again I'd wondered if TC was going to be needed as I'm no 'driving god' but no its just great as it is, but any gear at any rpm and whatever is in front of you is a blip in the rear view mirror instantly & with no drama! :) the cool running stat held a sold 80' all the way back down the motorway and as soon as I got back to birmingham in the traffic it never went above 85 when I would have been sitting at 93-95 and praying for the fan to kick in on my 'old' VX so I really saw the advantage of it in slow moving traffic, inlet temp never went above 27' & never having had a CC before all the power all the time is very new to me! on a stage 2 sitting in traffic and the ECU will back the boost right off almost to none, but a stage 4+ with the cool stat and no matter what all those horses were ready, certainly had to dip the clutch a few times in 1st when pulling onto islands!!!! Toyo R1R's are fantastic!!! Compared to what I've owned before - Stage 2+ VXT / Exige S 240 / 911 Turbo / Elise SC its definatly 0-100 the fastest car I've driven, feels the sharpest & most responsive, and just as a car for driving I'm sure the most rewarding, sure the 911 would murder it above 100mph and in a lot more comfort but I never once took it out 'just for a drive' this I can't wait till the next one already! So it's great to be 'back' kinda come full circle spent the last 2 years telling anyone who'd listen to me that the best car I'd ever owned and driven was a VX220 so it's with a big grin on my face now I've got one again and boy is it a beauty!!! :D Linda had even done a 'this is your life' folder for 7996 with all its history documented from day one for me so inspired by this I'm going to keep that to one side and now start 'part 2' with 7996 and try to keep the standards Jason and Linda have set, it's really not the best VX I've ever seen by accident they have put their heart and soul into this car and it shows, so thankyou again! chinky chinky

Edited by MrSimba, 12 October 2011 - 09:31 PM.

#26 spuk87

spuk87

Ex-owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts
  • Interests:Cars, technology, drones, cycling

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:46 PM

thumbsup good to see you're back mate. You're not helping me avoid my attraction to getting a stage 4 though are you!? Posted Image

#27 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:08 AM

You're not helping me avoid my attraction to getting a stage 4 though are you!? Posted Image

Welcome to the dark side! :lol:

#28 j0n

j0n

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
  • Interests:vx220
    Juggling

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:48 AM

Can you not make your mind up Si? Has the Lotus gone or have you got both?

#29 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:19 AM

Lotus gone to a new home in Scotland :)

#30 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts
  • Interests:F1, track days, cars ,cars and cars.

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

What made you sell the sc? Steve

#31 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

Too slow and not raw enough, the cars not a daily drive so wanted much more of a weekend 'toy' :)

Edited by MrSimba, 13 October 2011 - 05:55 PM.

#32 moospeed

moospeed

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:08 AM

Compared to what I've owned before - Stage 2+ VXT / Exige S 240 / 911 Turbo / Elise SC its definatly 0-100 the fastest car I've driven, feels the sharpest & most responsive, and just as a car for driving I'm sure the most rewarding, sure the 911 would murder it above 100mph and in a lot more comfort but I never once took it out 'just for a drive' this I can't wait till the next one already!

I love reading this bit chinky chinky

#33 JonnyVX

JonnyVX

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:52 AM

Well, dare i say it, it's a little strange that both me and Si lost our Stage 2 VX's within 100 metres of each other and now both have Stage 4+. It took Si a little longer to get there, and me a sh1t load of cash (new engine) but its great to see you back in the fold! Si this is the best car you've bought since that dark wet morning on the M25!!! Can't wait to come see it!!!

Edited by JonnyVX, 14 October 2011 - 08:53 AM.

#34 JonnyVX

JonnyVX

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:56 AM

Oh and Dunc, We need to start talking about uprating my fuel pump......need to get it back up to 315bhp now Si's back in the fold!! rallly

#35 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

Too slow and not raw enough, the cars not a daily drive so wanted much more of a weekend 'toy' :)

Sorry to keep asking questions about the sc, but does the heater work better than a vx and could it be used as a daily runner?

Steve

#36 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:58 AM

Sorry to keep asking questions about the sc, but does the heater work better than a vx and could it be used as a daily runner?

Steve

No problem at all!

They nearly all come with AC so instant heat whenever you need it, night and day from a vx heater!

You have to really push the yota engine tho with only 156ft lb torque if your not on the second cam and in the right gear a diesel hatch will leave you standing!

Make sure it's got the 'sport pack' as well for the adjustable dampers / pro bax harness seats ect, makes it a much nicer car :)

#37 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

So Simon are you joining us on Sunday?

#38 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

Can't make Sunday :(

7996 will have to have it's first Midlands run out to the waterman in a couple of weeks :)

#39 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:51 PM

Can't make Sunday :(

7996 will have to have it's first Midlands run out to the waterman in a couple of weeks :)

That's a shame Simon I will have to try and make it down to the Water next month to have a look :D and a pax ride :D

#40 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

Steve

No problem at all!

They nearly all come with AC so instant heat whenever you need it, night and day from a vx heater!

You have to really push the yota engine tho with only 156ft lb torque if your not on the second cam and in the right gear a diesel hatch will leave you standing!

Make sure it's got the 'sport pack' as well for the adjustable dampers / pro bax harness seats ect, makes it a much nicer car :)

Thanks for the advise, I am reaaly temted to get one in the future.

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users