355 replies to this topic

#1 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

Nothing much to report here :rolleyes: I've had the car nigh on ten years now; and i've never really blogged anything about it tbh. This year is the first time its been taken of the road in 110k miles of use. So I guess I might as well make a room about things that are going to happen (or not) It's quite unbelievable how pleasant it is to consider some mods to the car now its not my daily drive. I've got a bag load of bits to fit which I've bought but never got around to fitting so now in the winter time its time to get things moving :) So far to date IIRC Stage 2+ All the silver bits are black Anti rattle pins Turbo seals Steinmetz grille carbon dash plates/escutcheons leather door cards etc Frogman seats 16/17 Td's VXT splitters...ive lost the rear VXT wing So much more that i've forgotten over the years :rolleyes: The current plan is to buy a shed load off of Liz....get it sent to 'Dave'...and go from there and No.....It wont be white or green when its finished :D

#2 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

Blimey Jules, starting down the modding trail... next you will be superchargeing it !

#3 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

Enjoy the modding. I bet it seems like a different car now that it's a toy?

#4 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:31 PM

Enjoy the modding.

I bet it seems like a different car now that it's a toy?

Indeed it does.

All those little jobs which need more than a weekend to do seem so much more appealing now :)

Blimey Jules, starting down the modding trail... next you will be superchargeing it !

It's on the list mate....but quite a way down after replacing bits that maybe a tad worn out ;)

Dash, binnacle and console now sourced via Eliz which are being shipped direct to Dave for him to work his magic :)

Debs has got me a shiney new Knob too :) next step fit it all with the TAT pedals lol

Now all I need for the interior is some bloody carpets :rolleyes: :D

Edited by jules_s, 29 December 2011 - 10:33 PM.

#5 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

Dave has done the business on the carpets :) And they look pretty bloody good :) The vx220 logo /stitching looks spot on, but we are unsure about the correct position. My carpets have the logo about 4" forward from the rear. Dave has a set with the logo further forward. Anybody got a car/tape measure handy?

#6 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

And I just happen to have a new drivers mat, sat here in the study. :lol: I make the bottom edge of the logo at 110mm from the edge of the mat. Logo is approximately 140mm wide and the right hand edge of it finishes 40mm from the right hand edge of the mat.

#7 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

Grrr, i've just been out to the garage :lol: Always too slow.

#8 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

And I just happen to have a new drivers mat, sat here in the study. :lol:

I make the bottom edge of the logo at 110mm from the edge of the mat. Logo is approximately 140mm wide and the right hand edge of it finishes 40mm from the right hand edge of the mat.

About the same as mine then :)

Posted Image

I'm liking daves quality though ^^^^^

#9 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

I'm liking daves quality though ^^^^^

Looks great. thumbsup

Wonder if the tubby mats have the logo in a slightly different position to the NA's. :unsure:

#10 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

how much? for that one and the drivers?

#11 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:59 PM

indeed. very nice. For ultra pickiness i'd rather have the join in the piping or edging at the other end so i see it less.

#12 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

I did think that too James. Im not sure I'd notice the join either end though tbh, and im very grateful For daves efforts so don't want to be too picky No idea on price yet.....depends on the numbers I guess?

#13 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:52 PM

Jules do you still need an indoor car cover?

#14 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Afraid not Chris. Got one off Joe, not fitted it yet though It'll get fitted when I get the roof off for modding though :)

#15 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

Spoke to Dave via PM today He's moved the logo after he took a look at another VX....seems he has also sorted out the other niggles with the carpets too :) i'm looking forward to the pics

#16 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

Any more progress Jules? You'll have to bring round to my place (Emersons Green) next time you are passing and show it off :)

#17 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

Any more progress Jules?

You'll have to bring round to my place (Emersons Green) next time you are passing and show it off :)

Will do Nev.....nice to see you back on the forum today BTW

3.5 hour drive to MK yesterday to stay in a hotel overnight (bloody traffic and Tom Tom to blame for that)

Fluked a hotel booking 2 miles away from DTT's place, nice place with WIFI flakier than a flakey thing, hence my lack of PM back to Wolfie.Unfortunately missed Wolfie this morning as we really wanted to get home before the snow started kicking off (and Debs had a Emma Bridgewater appointment in Bicester lol)

Picked up the dash, console, binnicle and carpets from Dave this morning. Top drawer work and nice to finally meet Dave after hassling him for months about the carpets :D

Pics morrow....I really do have more bits to fit now than time available :huh:

#18 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

Yep, sorry I missed you today Jules. I got to Dave at about 11:30 in the end. Dropped him off a spare set of turbo mats so he can use them as a pattern. He showed me a set of NA mats and I was very impressed with the quality. The VX220 stiching is spot on on the set he showed me and he's dropped the positioning down so that it matches the original. He's going to use my spare set as a pattern to create turbo mats that have: VX220 Turbo Stiched into them. And he a lovely bloke to boot. chinky chinky

#19 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

And he's a lovely bloke to boot. chinky chinky

Indeed, the idiot could have done without having a TVR there for Debs to drool over though :rolleyes: :)

He tells me 'Seb' not sure which Seb though...had his Vx painted next door too.....more trips to MK are now in the planning FFS :D

Pics morrow...the thought of taking the trimming out of the pug in snow fall made me wince somewhat

#20 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

Pics as posted on other sites...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm well chuffed.....Top drawer work by Dave