243 replies to this topic

#1 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

Yep another possible deal.

Been getting some prices to make brackets that alow you to locate your front calipers onto the rear of your car,
this is a upgrade to be used with a four pot front caliper upgrade and allows for a proper two pot caliper on the rear,
a good upgrade to go with higher bhp cars.

The bracket mounts to your rear using the rear hub carrier bolts and uses the brake line from your existing rear caliper.
this then allows for a two pot rear caliper to be used and retains your existing rear caliper for handbrake only.

here is a link to a similar item sold by seriouslylotus to give you a idear of what it looks like note price of £395

http://www.seriously...ear-for-s2.html

the brackets im looking to make will be made from aircraft grade ali to a very hight standard and come with fixing bolts for hubs.

To get this made i do need a minimun number of 10 people to buy them to make them i am getting a few prices but i hope to
get this price at around £240 dilivered (maybe a bit less if i can work a deal) .

so if intrested please put name below.

#2 redvts

redvts

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

Yes please 1. redvts

#3 Cookies220

Cookies220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

Yes please 1. redvts 2. cookies220

#4 leevx2.2

leevx2.2

Turbo's are for girls and throttle bodies are too slow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts
  • Interests:Taking apart vx220s for fun
    getting p!!sed
    genraly playing with large power tools

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

Me to 1. redvts 2. cookies220 3. Leevx2.2

#5 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

1. redvts 2. cookies220 3. Leevx2.2 4. Duncan VXR 5. Duncan VXR Suspect I will take 2 sets Robin, will reply to your pm now ;) DG

#6 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

i hope to have a final price and speck on these at end of week as rethinking design. For this to be made a will need more intrest i hope to get price lower thumbsup

#7 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

mine look slightly different to that, imagine a round circle with the bolt holes in it then the bracket comes off that, you have to take the hub off to fit mine. its all one piece.

#8 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

yeah seen that design, will be similar but using only two bolts as think third is overkill and makes fitting a lot easier for people as taking hubs off etc is a pain for people to do IMO.

#9 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

yea it deffinatly is. :) i cant really see if there is much of an advantage having 3 bolts in a circle design, i assume it must be slightly stronger.

#10 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

no advantage IMO as the pressure is on the two bolts and being a rear brake isnt taking all the forces as a front would. will be fine with materials being used.

#11 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Thats what i just said.. There will be nothing wrong with the brackets your making up.

#12 kipper

kipper

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • Interests:Things that rotate.
    Smoking various types
    of fish.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

1. redvts 2. cookies220 3. Leevx2.2 4. Duncan VXR 5. Duncan VXR 6. Kipper

#13 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

Any problem with running these on the road? http://www.seriously...ear-for-s2.html These are listed as for track use only...

#14 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Yep track use only but if you want to run them on a road car then up to you. I will be running them on my road car as im sure people who buy the brackets of your link, but again thats your choice.

#15 Cookies220

Cookies220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

Track use only!?! Does this mean they are illegal for road use? Can't believe that!

#16 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

it normaly means its not been apoved for the car bit like fitting a rear spoiler, you fit it at your risk it may fly off or cause the car to handle wrong. These brackets are made from aircraft grade ali and are over engineered but have not been tested / certified to do xyz so you fit at your risk hence track use only i will be fitting these to my car as said and i use it on the road there not illegal just a upgrade/mod to my car bit like a front splitter or louvers they dont say they will do anything but people fit them.

#17 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

1. redvts 2. cookies220 3. Leevx2.2 4. Duncan VXR 5. Duncan VXR 6. Kipper 7. Chris P Duck (assuming 4 pot front left)

#18 Steelic

Steelic

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

Was considering the keenly priced 4 pot front upgrade but this seems expensive for a couple of hunks of CNC copied Ali looking at comparable products at £86.http://www.eliseparts.com/products/show/20/27/radial-caliper-brackets/

#19 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

Was considering the keenly priced 4 pot front upgrade but this seems expensive for a couple of hunks of CNC copied Ali looking at comparable products at £86.http://www.eliseparts.com/products/show/20/27/radial-caliper-brackets/ yep sure is cheaper but is only for a s1 elise :rolleyes: i can asure you if you can make and sell/diliver them for that price then crack on but the brackets have a lot more machining and size than these if you look at similar item in other link at top of page. I hope to have a better price tommorow but this will only go ahead on numbers as need 10 to do it.

#20 Steelic

Steelic

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

No I can't and wouldn't. No offence intended Robin but they are made/delivered for that price, just a slightly different shape and a bit more Billet. The set being sold at £395 is a rip off, pure and simple. I just find it difficult to believe 10 sets would total £2400? else I'd be in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users