service

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kmidderigh

kmidderigh

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

took the VX in for a service and MOT at planmotorsport (Dunsfold) and when I collected it i realised I could actually see out of the mirrors properly! Not sure what they did but i've struggled for the last year and a half to adjust the mirrors into a usable position and now they are perfect - its a revelation - especially on the motorway (feels much safer changing lanes) ..thay also did a full check of the car and found a few areas that needed attention (new suspension on its way :-)) - looking forward to a testing it after this is done. rallly

#2 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,507 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

I have this problem, being 6.3ft tall, I have a big blindspot on drivers side mirror, been looking for a add-on mirror from ebay. Whatever you do... dont move them lol

#3 elwill

elwill

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

I have this problem, being 6.3ft tall, I have a big blindspot on drivers side mirror, been looking for a add-on mirror from ebay.

Whatever you do... dont move them lol

eBay Mirror

Going cheap too.

thumbsup

#4 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

I was thinking of fitting the lotus s2 plynths (there a bit longer/wider) to help with visibility

#5 Andy_sx

Andy_sx

• Pip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Cars, bikes, racing, food, girls and snowboarding... not always in that order

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

being a short arse, i dont have that problem at all :)

#6 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,507 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

I have this problem, being 6.3ft tall, I have a big blindspot on drivers side mirror, been looking for a add-on mirror from ebay.

eBay Mirror

Going cheap too.

thumbsup

Will, are you sure this is not the Lotus version ?

#7 I 8 a 4RE

I 8 a 4RE

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

Ehm ... Im 6ft3 as well and I have never had this problem? Why do you need mirrors anyway? That's stuff thats behind you ... you should be faster than that regardless ... :P

#8 -Dab-of-Oppo-

-Dab-of-Oppo-

Cuntpuffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

I was thinking of fitting the lotus s2 plynths (there a bit longer/wider) to help with visibility

If you really want improved viewing fit some like mine that come our higher but still to about the same width. It was never the intention but the difference they gave in visibility was instantly noticable. You can simply turn your head to the side now instead of to the side and then having to shift your focus down aswell with the originals. They are also slightly in your peripheral vision at all times so you are less likely to miss something coming up beside.

Posted Image

Edited by -Dab-of-Oppo-, 23 March 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#9 elwill

elwill

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

eBay Mirror

Going cheap too.

thumbsup

Will, are you sure this is not the Lotus version ?

Sorry no that's my bad, that's actually an OEM VX rear view mirror, not a wing mirror.

#10 sford

sford

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

I've got a set of plinths at home waiting to be fitted, it's in the box of 'stuff to do that's not that important' and when I get motivated I'll have a look. They aren't expensive to buy from a Lotus dealer, think it was about £15 each?? when I bought them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: service

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users