Photo

Larini Exhaust Wanted.... New Or 2Nd... Any Chance?

larini exhaust back box decat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ChubbyChiper

ChubbyChiper

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

I posted this title in the parts wanted but thought i'd ask here as I'm sure theirs some VX wisemen around that will have all the answers :) OK so... Last week, some silly sausage decided to 'not see' my VXT and try drive over the feline! Resulting in a new clam (which I picked up today!) and a few other jobs to fix. Now as the old saying goes "while the clam is off".... etc... I figure It would be silly not to tickle the puss puss and upgrade to Stage 2. Yes yes I know, why has this taken so long (almost 3 years with her) but I've been busy so quiet down at the back! While doing the 420 mile round trip to pickup the clam today, I managed to source a good deal on a brand new set of OEM alloys too so picked them up enroute. I've also picked up a stainless front tow bar thingy and intend respraying the car. So new clam, new alloys, new tow bar, new paint. It's almost going to be new! I just need a new exhaust. But I'm a cheap skate, or more accurate, I'm trying to milk the insurance payout I received for every last drop :D So my question here is: DO I STAND ANY CHANCE WHATSOEVER OF PICKING UP A CHEAP/2ND LARINI EXHAUST??? Over recommendations also encouraged. Cheap ones dont forget

#2 Barton

Barton

Barton

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:Lead NPC spanner man

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

There's a Milltek advertised on here for £600?

#3 ChubbyChiper

ChubbyChiper

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Not sure. It's only £765 for the new Larini decat and back box (not much point in replacing main cat) and I dont think that post has the decat? I know there's endless discussions over which exhaust sounds better etc but I have my heart set on the Larini. Kinda figure that someone trusted to make sweet sounding notes for the highest spec cars on the market (Lambo's Ferrari Bugatti etc) knows whats what with what comes out of the rear! Plus my man @ Phoenix Motor Sport in Blackburn told me Larini so I dont want to upset him as I'm giving him all the bits

#4 Barton

Barton

Barton

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:Lead NPC spanner man

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Must say my Larini sounded the bomb, poss picking up new tubby this week that has a full milltek so I'm hoping it's got some volume, good luck with your search.

#5 ChubbyChiper

ChubbyChiper

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Sounded?... Past tense! Bad news? Would love to know your thoughts on comparison if you get the new tubby with Miltek (as everyone does :) Thanks, luck is needed! Apparently 'JonnyBoy' "Will have a larini up for sale soon. Juuuuuust to loud for me!" and I saw him see this post earlier so know he wants to give it to me.... hint hint JonnyBoy ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: larini, exhaust, back box, decat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users