• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts
  • Interests:Tech head

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

Thought I'd put up my little brother's video.

He writes/composes all his own music and would like some constructive criticism on where the general public think he should go or what he can improve on.

Leave your honest opinions here please, don't be afraid to say something critical, if it would help him improve then please say it. I know I do.

The music industry is a difficult place to get into and possibly an even worse place once you're there, I think he's trying to decide on what to do/where to go with it.

#2 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:06 AM

Nicely produced :) I quite like the song too thumbsup

#3 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:35 AM

I'm not really into this kind of music but purely from a production perspective I'd say there is slightly too much wet on the vocal reverb and it needs to be a bit warmer. Also if it were me I'd introduce some stripped back percussion. It sounds good without but will really pop with some good drums. If he is planning to try and get it played on radio most labels will suggest this too

#4 garethianwhyte

garethianwhyte

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hi, I know nothing about music, but i liked it. Tell your brother good work!

#5 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

I thought production (both sound and video) were good. He has a good voice. The song is average but a bit weak lyrically.

#6 G-Bob

G-Bob

Embarrassing VX's in an MX5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts
  • Interests:Silver VX Bashing!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

Agree with Steve. The vocal needs to be a bit warmer and more prominent. A few points that his voice sounds a bit strained and is pushing the notes, but generally a nice sound to it. thumbsup The bit towards the end where the dynamic changes and the drums/strings/vocals come in needs to be earlier in the song as this is when it starts to get interesting and then needs to be taken up again towards the end. ooohhh, and being a guitarist, can I suggest that this needs a massive guitar solo towards the end. :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users