• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:32 AM

The Motorsport cables are stiffer so the gear stick doesn't self-centre very well. At least on my car.

#22 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:00 AM

The Motorsport cables are stiffer so the gear stick doesn't self-centre very well. At least on my car.

Then they probably havent been routed right because they shouldnt be stiffer Did you modifiy the oblong shape bracket underneath at the rear? If not this clamps onto the motorsport cables. I have motorsport cables and they are fine, they're not stiff

#23 MartinS

MartinS

I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone&#

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
  • Interests:Track days
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:58 AM

The car did around 800 miles on the cables and they were great, notably better than originals.

What a shame to take them off so soon.

Martin S

#24 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:22 PM

Then they probably havent been routed right because they shouldnt be stiffer Did you modifiy the oblong shape bracket underneath at the rear? If not this clamps onto the motorsport cables. I have motorsport cables and they are fine, they're not stiff

Didn't install them myself, they're routed like originals. I have not checked the clamp, I'll have a look. They're not really stiff, just self centres slower than my last VX.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users