Buggar ... Need Some Help..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mike9009

Mike9009

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:47 PM

Hi I have just been adjusting my windows and have over-screwed (is that a word???) the grub screw for the window. The grub screw has now fallen inside the door. Is there an easy retrieval method or did I read somewhere that the door needs taking off to get the little bu**er out again? Why did Vauxhall not put a head on this bolt? Would make it easier for people like me when we f**k up. :beat: Many thanks Mike

#2 BradW

BradW

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:14 PM

Please excuse the pun but...you're screwed!!! :( There is no easy way to retrieve, its a dismantle job!

#3 Duncan

Duncan

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:53 AM

In the words of the great homer simpson "DOH!" Sorry about this. Get a copy of the Vauxhall (TIS?) CD off here or Ebay and get the door striped. It's probably just a case of getting the trim off the inside. Tighten everything up while you're in there!

#4 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 13 July 2004 - 09:02 AM

remove the trim, easy if you have minimal diy skills, two screws to be removed, then the window winder (5 small allen bolts) and then you remove the panels, first the small one in the back, , then the bigger one, carefully ripping it off its pressure mounts. you might want the screw to roll backward inside the door first....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users