Windows Help Sticking

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Detta

Detta

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

Hi guys, my driver side window has recently start to stick while winding it back up, it will go 90% of the way just fine, but it catches on something and sticks before closing the last inch or so. I can get around this by either giving the winder a gentle jiggle back and forth as it catches or by holding the front corner of the window and assisting it up as I wind. I have followed the forum guide with regards to window adjustments (breaking most of the clips on the door card getting it off, despite being super cautious - Ugh!) and had a bit of a play with the various adjustments without having any luck. Although I have been too afraid to play with the window tilt much because it warns on the guide that if you adjust these too much then you are in danger of losing the screw. It seems to catch on the front side of the window rather than the rear; as it nears the top the front side of the window catches and stops, the rear continues to raise making the window tilt forward and jam. Has anybody had any experiance with anything like this? Many thanks, Damian

#2 vaux2008

vaux2008

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

There is a screw at the front of the door holding the window guide rail. Wind the window down and you should be able to see it. It can be done up with a Philips screw driver. Adam

#3 Deadude

Deadude

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

There is a screw at the front of the door holding the window guide rail. Wind the window down and you should be able to see it. It can be done up with a Philips screw driver.

Adam

^^ This, I'd get it done asap seeing as I had to get mine out with the window up which was possibly the most annoying job I've done on the VX even if it was only one screw i had to get out :P

#4 Detta

Detta

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

There is a screw at the front of the door holding the window guide rail. Wind the window down and you should be able to see it. It can be done up with a Philips screw driver.

Adam

^^ This, I'd get it done asap seeing as I had to get mine out with the window up which was possibly the most annoying job I've done on the VX even if it was only one screw i had to get out :P

This is the one that adjusts the tilt and that I was too afraid to mess with as the guide stated it I might lose the screw. Is there only a danger when undoing it not tightening it up in a clockwise manner?

#5 vaux2008

vaux2008

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

No it's not the adjustment screw. It's a screw that holds the window guide rail to the door. Basically behind the door mirror area. Adam

#6 Detta

Detta

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

I will have another poke around tomorrow when the daylight is back. I'm a little scared that it might already be gone after what deadude said!

#7 vaux2008

vaux2008

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:04 AM

Ha ha!!! If it falls out you will prob hear it rolling around at the bottom of the door and the window will probably stop getting stuck. It's a reasonably easy job, it's just awkward to get the screwdriver on square. Adam

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Windows, Help, Sticking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users