vx220 caliper springs pins where

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ChubbyChiper

ChubbyChiper

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

Lost a rear caliper spring on my VXT and the pins are looking a little rough so would like to replace them all for new (Inc fronts). Can get the fronts from Lotus stores online but cant find the rears. They generic? PLEASE HELP! Imnotworthy :grouphug:

#2 Ollyj

Ollyj

• PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:Cars, beer, gym, virgin galatic

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Only available from vauxhall with rear pad set and costs about £180! Mine were bent and luckily a member on here sold me a spare set.

#3 ChubbyChiper

ChubbyChiper

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

eeek! Think i might have to Blue Peter my own out of wire and duct tape! I think the spring is easily replicated but surely some other car must have same size pins?

#4 Ollyj

Ollyj

• PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

http://www.vx220.org...-calliper-pins/

#5 ChubbyChiper

ChubbyChiper

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

Thanks Ollyj, I just found that after my last post so have joined the post & PM'd Fab VX to see if has anymore. You just get the pins or spring also?

#6 Ollyj

Ollyj

• PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Got both spring and pin, I think I took is only set! I didnt fit the myself, my garage did so don't know how essential the springs are. When doing some research, I think someone on here hasn't even got them installed and has been driving for a while without any probs. I believe the piston holds them in mainly, maybe wrong though?

#7 ChubbyChiper

ChubbyChiper

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

I'd rather not try going without as things are normally their for a reason. I find it a little strange why they are so hard to come by to be honest but I've decided to try go one better anyway and either source some equivalent pins in stainless steel or get someone to make some for me. I'm going to attempt making the springs myself out of some stainless steel wire too. I hate rusty bits! :D

#8 Ollyj

Ollyj

• PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

Good man, you could make a killing if you could make a decent set up! I rang multiple lotus parts suppliers and they asked me to let them know if I knew where to get them from. Obviously vauxhall can get them, maybe worth contacting brembo?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vx220, caliper, springs, pins, where

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users