tyres bridgestone potenza micheldever

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 P1NKY

P1NKY

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

Just upgraded my <cough!> 11 year old Potenza's for some nice new ones at Micheldever Tyres for £545.49 all in. No I don't work there :happy:

#2 TubbyNorman

TubbyNorman

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

Nor used the car for ten of the last 11 years !

#3 Zuber

Zuber

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • Interests:Finding a way to motivate myself to get fit. Anything Interesting.

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

Mine drove dreadful in the wet when I first got it. Scary, even driving down the motorway in a straight line...That was with Bridgestones with fair amount of tread on them. Fresh 'budget' rubber (Toyo front Kumhi back) and the car was way better. I putting it down to to very old tyres, what sort of difference did it make (in wet in particular if you tried it) ? Zuber

Edited by Zuber, 31 August 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#4 P1NKY

P1NKY

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

It's a low mileage (21k) car with the original rubber and I was being tight :blush: as I don't do that many miles.

#5 P1NKY

P1NKY

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

The front grips a lot better now Zuber, but it hasn't rained here in the last 6 hours, so I can't comment on the wet performance, it used to be 4rse clenching...

#6 Anarchy

Anarchy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Not bad price, two fronts recently cost me £340.

#7 sammyt

sammyt

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

Mine drove dreadful in the wet when I first got it. Scary, even driving down the motorway in a straight line...That was with Bridgestones with fair amount of tread on them. Fresh 'budget' rubber (Toyo front Kumhi back) and the car was way better.

I putting it down to to very old tyres, what sort of difference did it make (in wet in particular if you tried it) ?

Zuber

Zuber...what tyres work well on standard rims? Proxy 4's and Ku31's? what sizes are best?

I'm going to need a tyre change them soon.

#8 Zuber

Zuber

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • Interests:Finding a way to motivate myself to get fit. Anything Interesting.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

Tons of sometimes contradictory posts on here... Ideally, I would have liked same front and rear, but not sure if really matters. Different tyres on same axle is a different matter. Because of size availability constraints I went for Kumho on rear and Proxy for the front (from Camskill). Standard size for rear, 195/45 front (closest diameter to original). More options if you go 195/40 but read they are very hard to fit and may have ABS light issues. Zuber

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tyres, bridgestone, potenza, micheldever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users