Hardtop GiGo Jonnyboy

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 IWOOT

IWOOT

• PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

A few weeks ago I bought GiGo's Jonnyboy hardtop which, for some reason, was entirely unfamiliar with his car! It was only after my husband collected it and brought it home that I discovered that there was no means by which to attach it to the car. :o Because he'd never fitted it, GiGo didn't realise that the necessary fixings were missing and a PM to Jonnyboy revealed that they had been out of production for some time, with no stock held. This was how I found myself the reluctant owner of a rather expensive Europa blue ornament, which sadly didn't match anything in my lounge. :(

However...a few weeks later and my car now looks like this (yes, the hardtop is screwed down!):

Posted Image

Jonnyboy got in contact with the manufacturer of the fixings (which are not used in later versions of his hardtop) and got them to make a set just for me! GiGo covered the costs and a satisfyingly rattly package arrived just before Christmas. :D

I just want to say thank you to GiGo (who even offered to refund my money while we were waiting to see if the manufacturer still had the tooling) and a big thank you to Jonnyboy, who saved the day when it really wasn't his problem. :grouphug:

#2 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

thumbsup (what is going on with the back of the sill, round the rear wheel arch though? :blink:)

#3 IWOOT

IWOOT

• PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

I know - I think it's some kind of protective plastic. I've been itching to peel it off, but I'm worried about what mess it'll leave behind!

#4 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Stone chip? :P Looks good :thumbsup: and good work gents.

#5 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Good that its resolved, with help from jonny. thumbsup However, also raises the question about supportability of existing customers? I mean if someone loses a hardtop fitting and they won't do another "special" batch, does that mean you need to buy a new hardtop? (Good for hardtop seller). Perhaps jonny ought to keep at least oneset in stock?

#6 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Don't loose it, simple. The reason jonnyboy sells them cheap is there's no warranty or real back up. This is reflected in the price and suits everyone at the time.

#7 Rickwoo118

Rickwoo118

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

Looks nice on your car. Is the hardtop lined?

#8 IWOOT

IWOOT

• PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

Thanks! No, not lined yet, but Dave the Trimmer will be able to fix that for me!

#9 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

I'm glad the fixings arrived :) So thats what my car would look like with a hardtop :P looks very nice thumbsup Are those my wing mirrors too?

Edited by GiGo, 02 January 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#10 iceman

iceman

Iceman

• 18,159 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

Posted Image I do so love the colour coded hardtop look, mine never comes off.

She looks lovely IWOOT...i'm happy to see that you got it all sorted in the end and that the vx community is still rallying around to look after it's members Well done chaps Posted Image :grouphug:

#11 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

Glad to be of service :) we still have the tooling for the old brackets so they can be made to order within a week or so but I don't generally have stock.

#12 TazN

TazN

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Airsoft, American Football, Cars

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Looking good :)

#13 VXR

VXR

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Makes you glad to be a .orger...... There's a lot of good car forums with great people on them,but .org always seems that little bit extra special and reading post's like these just confirms it! Good work guys! everybody's happy and now Giles has more money to splash out on more carbon!

#14 H1 HWK

H1 HWK

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Excellent .org community spirit, happy ending, well done all.

#15 IWOOT

IWOOT

• PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

I'm glad the fixings arrived :)

So thats what my car would look like with a hardtop :P looks very nice thumbsup

Are those my wing mirrors too?

Thanks - I'm really pleased with it, so you can't have it back!

Yes, those are your wing mirrors, there was no way I was going to put mine back on! I'll keep those 'just in case'. It seems to be the .org way to hoard spare parts!!

#16 iceman

iceman

Iceman

• 18,159 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

I'll keep those 'just in case'. It seems to be the .org way to hoard spare parts!!

Good Evening.

I think it is indeed the .org way, mainly for the reason you stated, ''just in case'' for you can guarantee that just when you are in need of something, there's nothing there unless you can pay an arm and a leg for it. Wise to, once you've got it, keep it.

..icey

#17 IWOOT

IWOOT

• PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

I'll keep those 'just in case'. It seems to be the .org way to hoard spare parts!!

Wise to, once you've got it, keep it.

..icey

I'm learning fast! Although, I do need to kerb my temptation to buy shiny things that look nice (TAT diffusers and DtT interiors) instead of boring things that do important jobs (timing chains and radiators)! I doubt I'd be the first new(ish) owner to suffer from that affliction though.

#18 iceman

iceman

Iceman

• 18,159 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Wise to, once you've got it, keep it.

..icey

I'm learning fast! Although, I do need to kerb my temptation to buy shiny things that look nice (TAT diffusers and DtT interiors) instead of boring things that do important jobs (timing chains and radiators)! I doubt I'd be the first new(ish) owner to suffer from that affliction though.

Lol..indeed not, i guess the magpie in us gets the better of us sometimes, for it is nice to personalise our cars with our own stamps. In many ways those all important organs below the skin are less immediately satisfying than a more superficial face-lift.

I am lucky in such a way that i am totally happy with the cabin area with the few extras i've had fitted since day one as optional extras but have to replace my dash plates as my ex put a dirty great boot scuff in the dash plate as she got in the passenger seat (more my fault than hers as i warned her the first time and it was fine but forgot to remind her the second time).

#19 IWOOT

IWOOT

• PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

You're very gracious! One scuff would elicit my special 'death stare' (perfected over many years and reserved only for matters of great import), a second scuff would be a potentially marriage-limiting event! I bought a brand new, unused dash plate from forum member Chacha (he only has the large ones though) here: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item460996a57e I'll keep the old one though - just in case!

#20 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Giles has more money to splash out on more carbon!

:lol:

It went on my new (non carbon) roof instead! ;)

Edited by GiGo, 02 January 2013 - 10:24 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hardtop, GiGo, Jonnyboy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users