• Please log in to reply
2116 replies to this topic

#2001 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

Wasn't this mapped by cs on obdtuners software I think this is where you are confussling people

If it was jet pilot Just down load the software and then upload from obd plug from car all answers given then

#2002 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:41 PM

Hopefully he has the key code

#2003 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:44 PM

Hopefully he has the key code

If it is already on obdtuner (dutch ) peter will have the records anyway 

a quick was to see if its on dutch software over CS would be to start it up under cold conditions as i believe CS is terrible on cold start up 

#2004 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:16 PM

Here is some detail on the obd pro software what it may have over V2

THIS LIST IS UNCONFIRMED BUT GIVES YOU A IDEA OF WHAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE IN THE PRO VERSION 

ALSO PETER IS HOPING TO MAKE A ANNOUNCEMENT IN JANUARY ABOUT THE PRO VERSION ON HIS WEBSITE 

[font="georgia, serif;"]Dual calibration, calibrations can be switched while driving using a switch. All settings are programmable in both calibrations like fueling, ignition timing, starting, throttle response, rpm limiter, idling etc.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Dual calibration mode with interpolation mode. In this mode a calibration can be selected by use of an analog input, but also a calibration in between both calibrations. This mode is meant for a bi-fuel setup so one can use normal fuel and E85 fuel (normal fuel with 85% Ethanol) and everything in between. But this also can be used for other interesting possibilities like selecting the amount of water to inject etc. by turning a dial inside the car.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Programmable closed loop / open loop switching points. The commanded lambda table will force open loop when a commanded lambda is richer than 1.0 [/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"] Wideband fuel control, in this mode the ECU will use a wideband sensor to control mixtures richer than lambda 1.0. For this feature a wideband controller and sensor has to be installed and connected to the EGR input.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Wideband sensor / controller is checked during driving and a MIL will be set if the ECU detects a problem with the sensor, controller or wiring and will switch to normal mode when a problem is detected.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Fuel learning using the wideband sensor. In this mode the engine will not run lean, it is constantly corrected to reach the programmed AFR.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]OEM second lambda can be disabled. (If a wideband controller is installed, the safety function of the second lambda is done through the wideband.)[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Programmable knock control.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Boost pressure range now only limited by the MAP sensor so pressures over 2.0 bar (3.0 bar absolute) are possible if the correct MAP sensor is installed.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Tables programmable up to 8500 rpm.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Programmable maximum boost pressure. For instance to prevent engine damage by a clogged cat or protect the engine against over boosting. When the programmed maximum boost is overstepped, the MIL will be set and the ignition will be retarded by the programmed amount.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Free to use programmable EGR output port for connecting extra hardware. In this mode the EGR output has its own rpm / map based table.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Water injection mode. in this mode a water injection system can be connected to the EGR output. The amount of water/alcohol is programmable and controlled by the ECU. This way the ECU knows when extra fuel (alcohol) is injected and compensates for this. The programmed value is a percentage of the total fuel injected, this makes it very easy to inject a desired percentage of water regarding the injected amount of fuel.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Catalyst warming up mode can be disabled, this improves warming up behavior when fast cams are installed.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Tank ventilation system can be disabled so the ECU will not compensate for this anymore. This gives better throttle response and fueling if the tank ventilation system is removed. [/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Starting logging possibility, the ECU will keep logging internally when the engine is started. In most cases the voltage is dropped when starting which will stop the OBD interface and just makes you miss the interesting part when the engine starts.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Programmable end reduction and gears.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]OEM engine protection system for long full power etc. can be disabled.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Fully programmable starting settings for fuels like E85.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Programmable commanded Idle rpm depending on vehicle speed for coast down.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"] Programmable ignition control while idling for improved idling on non OEM cams.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Programmable deceleration fuel cut off delay.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Programmable ignition advance during coast down.[/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"]Programmable ignition correction inlet air temp depending.[/font]
[font="georgia, serif;"]Programmable ignition correction coolant temp depending.[/font]
[font="georgia, serif;"]Programmable fuel control when engine is using OEM primary lambda in closed loop mode. Even when a wideband sensor / controller is installed, the OEM primary lambdas still used for closed loop control (lamda 1.0) and checking the wideband lambda sensor.[/font]
[font="georgia, serif;"]Possibility to correct for weather condition so when a fuel learning is done under cold or hot conditions, the calibration can be converted to settings for normal weather.[/font]

#2005 Jetpilot

Jetpilot

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:14 PM

Wasn't this mapped by cs on obdtuners software I think this is where you are confussling people

No mention in any of the literature i have, all i know is cs mapped it, does anyone know the owner or owners username and will see if he is still about to ask.

#2006 Jetpilot

Jetpilot

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:17 PM

Can I a sky the reason for wanting to rather go obdtuner or back to CS

I cant really get what you are asking, answered smileys post about why i thought i should use obd.

#2007 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:35 PM

shameless copy/paste:

=> http://www.hptuners....ll=1#post330636

Injector Selection.....and reasons why

The stock injectors are a split pattern dual cone spray injector. There is a huge reason for this, since our motors are a 4 valve design. There is an intake runner splitter right in front of the valves. The proper injector will spray right on the back of both valves for maximum fuel atomization and efficiency....just like the factory injectors does.

And here is a good read too... http://www.usrallyte....ex&cPath=10_44

Problem here is most people slap in the Siemens 60 and 80 pound Deka injectors, which are a single pattern cone spray. This intake split is about an inch and a half away from the tip of the injector, so this single 26* cone is spraying right on the split before it is even broader than an inch. This is very very bad, as it causes the fuel to lose its atomization and leads to fuel pooling in the intake as well as very inconsistent transient fueling. This single factor right here is why the idle is so poor with these injectors. Many people tell me they got their car to idle great with these injectors, and I simply have to call bullshit. No way you can get this style injector to idle as smooth as stock. You can get them to idle OK with no surging, but not perfect.

The injector I chose is a Bosch EV14 injector, part number 0280158123. You have to use an adapter on the nozzle to make it work, but many injector shops have this adapter. They are slightly longer than 60mm(stock length) at 64.5mm, but I had no trouble since the stock fuel rail is at a 45 degree angle. The spray pattern is a split cone 25* just like the factory injector. They flow 60.5lb/hr @43.5psi, and 72.02@58psi which is the stock LSJ fuel pressure. Another good point is the minimum linear pulse width is .711ms, compared to the 1.4 for the Siemens 60's. This is HUGE for our tiny motors, since idle is typically around 1.2, and deaccel is .7ish. My idle is as good if not better than factory right now, and transient fueling is very smooth with these.

More info about the injector I went with: http://www.bosch-mot....2775993867.pdf

I bought them from Fuel Injector Connection in Georgia for about $60 each. That makes them about $100 more than the Siemens, and it is money well spent. Ask for Jon there, and he will know exactly which injectors you need. He will put the tip adapters on them and they will be a direct drop in.

I started with the Siemens 60's, and I can tell you those are a terrible injector for a 4 valve motor. You want the injector to spray on the back of the valves, not at the intake split. Please do some research before you follow everyone else and purchase the Siemens.

So this is what i should be buying :)

https://fuelperforma...product_id=5928

The ones there are not a direct fit and for our engines you need them including a special tip adapter. Will look where I ordered mine.

Bosch rates these for 627 cc/min, so comparable to the Siemens 60lb injectors. but Bosch are a more modern design with faster reaction times and can withstand high fuelpressures.

If you're not running mega high rpm's (~7,5K), I guess these will do fine till ~380hp

#2008 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:43 PM

Upgrade price From V2 I think will be 375 so about £320 with current exchange rates. I would confirm this with Peter first though.

Are you upgrading Martin
I probably will at some point but I want to get a wideband up and running first. Also the car is running very well at the moment so not in much of a rush.

#2009 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:34 PM

Just been informed Peter has updated his site and has some info concerning pro 

http://www.obdtuner.com/

#2010 ufods

ufods

• Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:23 PM

Thumbs up for this! My ecu is already there at the moment;)

Edited by ufods, 28 January 2017 - 09:24 PM.

#2011 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:25 PM

Thumbs up for this! My ecu is already there at the moment;)

Mine won't be far behind also 😃

#2012 D-DAWG83

D-DAWG83

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motorsport, music and films

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:52 PM

Is the price the same?

#2013 nicollow

nicollow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:46 PM

I want cruise control :P

#2014 ufods

ufods

• Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

Is the price the same?

You have to pay the upgrade price.

#2015 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:58 AM

dont no the exact figures you wil have to ask Peter, but info i have is, the costs are ObdTuner v2 + update to ObdTunerPro = total amount for going directly to ObdTunerPro.

#2016 TFD

TFD

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:59 AM

What's the upgrade price?

#2017 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:10 AM

Upgrade price From V2 I think will be 375 so about £320 with current exchange rates. I would confirm this with Peter first though.

#2018 D-DAWG83

D-DAWG83

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motorsport, music and films

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:07 PM

So total about £1100 if you dont already have the OBD software

#2019 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:35 PM

Dependant on the exchange rate

#2020 Jetpilot

Jetpilot

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

Any tips on how to get hold of Peter, i have emailed him twice now and no reply.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: obdtuner, remap, z22se, ecu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users