It isn't.

It wasn't.

The current owner could have bumped it though

#42 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

It isn't.

It wasn't.

Hairy muff, I thought the bump mentioned in the ad was Craig's car park ding though.

Also the car had a new front clam two years ago when a lady reversed into it in a car park and made the smallest crack ever!

Edited by LY_Scott, 23 January 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#43 LazyDonkey

LazyDonkey

Lotus imposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Ah i didnt check the advert - my bad !!!!

#44 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

its crying out for a set of speedlines though :D

#45 woozee

woozee

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

It isn't.

It wasn't.

Hairy muff, I thought the bump mentioned in the ad was Craig's car park ding though.

Also the car had a new front clam two years ago when a lady reversed into it in a car park and made the smallest crack ever!

When I read about the new clam I couldn't help think why if the crack was that small...surely it would of been repaired rather than replaced???

#46 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

I think Craig insisted and it was 3rd party it didnt really matter to him cost wise. I seem to recall him taking ages with it so the colour match was right. There is seriously nothing hidden in this car from his ownership. I'd have bitten his hand off for that car if id had the money at the time. Sounds like the new owner has done a suspension refresh and i think craig had left the v silver after the new clam, so they've painted that.

#47 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

This car has even had the rear wheel recall done. Many will tell you you couldn't get that with the ly's. This one is the exception.

#48 woozee

woozee

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

Thanks for the info :-) So with the mods done on this car... is it as quick as a turbo?

#49 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Posted Image

#50 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,509 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

It will be quick, its a VX220.... Im sure, if you have never driven one before, it will scare you if your too heavy footed

#51 LazyDonkey

LazyDonkey

Lotus imposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Posted Image

That times a million

#52 woozee

woozee

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

It will be quick, its a VX220.... Im sure, if you have never driven one before, it will scare you if your too heavy footed

Took out a turbo at Dunsfold today, I never doubted it would be quick, I just want to make sure I make the right choice between a turbo & n/a.

Seems like others have lost patience with me...only way to learn is to ask, right?

#53 TazN

TazN

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Airsoft, American Football, Cars

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

Welcome woozee. Not read every post in here so apologies if this has been mentioned already. What car are you comming from? If it's nothing particularly sporty then even an n/a will have enough power to make it enjoyable. If people just ask 'is it quicker'? then you will get these kind of responses. If you've been out in the turbo you know what it's like and if it's for you.

#54 woozee

woozee

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

Currently driving an Msport X5 40d, which is the twin turbo model, and for such a lump is pretty nifty, mid 6's 0-60. I admit I've probably asked some dumb newbie q's but don't wanna p**s anyone off. Going to look at the yellow turbo in reading Saturday and might tap up jontel for a look at his. :-)

#55 TazN

TazN

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Airsoft, American Football, Cars

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

Not driven an X5 so cant comment how they feel but if you like the turbo then go for it. Dumb questions are fine but people will get grumpy if they are constant and not to mention about 0-60s and crap. The vx is not the right car if thats your cup of tea.

#56 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Is it the yellow one in this thread? http://www.vx220.org...now-these-cars/

Edited by rob999, 25 January 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#57 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts
  • Interests:Tech head

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

The 0-60 game isn't really what this car/club is all about, that's the only reason you will probably get the 'We've heard this before' mantra. The NA is a nippy car, the turbo is a bit quicker with a punch, the SC is fairly fast as well as the Stage 2 turbo (which it can be compared to power wise). Having a VX as a second car to the Z4 3.0, despite them both being very similar in acceleration, the VX feels like sh*t off a shovel in comparison. The speed isn't everything, sometimes it feels a lot faster than it is.

#58 woozee

woozee

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Is it the yellow one in this thread?

http://www.vx220.org...now-these-cars/

Soooo glad you put this up for my attention....yes it is! Think you've saved me a journey there cheers.

:happy:

#59 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

No probs. Your call if you go and see it...

#60 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Seems like others have lost patience with me...only way to learn is to ask, right?

There is an awful lot on the site about this which is why it is a bit like a hitting one's head against a brick wall.

Then again you drive an X5, so we'll make allowances for the fact that you might be a bit slow and of questionable mental capacity :P :D (i'm kidding! well a bit anyway :lol: :P)

Drive both, take a view, and do a search on na vs turbo in the search box at the top, it will return all there is to know and the arguments from both sides. What is certain is that there has never been a clear winner, each have their merits and both are utterly wonderful cars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users