27 replies to this topic

#1 TazN

TazN

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Airsoft, American Football, Cars

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

So the unveiling should be tonight 11pm UK time. Anyone else excited for the next cycle of systems?

#2 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts
  • Interests:Tech head

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Only to see what architectures they are running. I want the games to start pushing out good flipping textures and IQ and at the moment they really aren't. I'm hoping the new archs in the consoles will ramp things up a bit and push devs into throwing better gfx into the next round of games.

#3 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Haven't played a game in 3 years. Something needs to come out that literally moves the game on.

#4 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Women

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

well if it's better than my PC with Core i7 3960X, 16GB RAM, 2x HD7970 3GB... then I buy it :)

#5 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts
  • Interests:Tech head

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Haven't played a game in 3 years. Something needs to come out that literally moves the game on.

Problem is people are getting obsessed with these 4k displays when actually what we really need is something better at 1080. They are trying to push res too hard and I think it will come back to bite them.

#6 TazN

TazN

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

well if it's better than my PC with Core i7 3960X, 16GB RAM, 2x HD7970 3GB... then I buy it :)

If your running a mainstream OS then yes it will be better.

Fairly happy with what was shown. I expected:

a vague date - holiday 2013 but no region for that (please be global!)
no price - seriously it's not too hard to get a ballpark figure £250-£400
backwards compatability - with 3 generations of PS this will need to be implemented, I hope they dont take too long with more details.
no showing of the product - E3 this year...
lots of hype with enough information to get people buzzing.

I have a feeling E3 will be a very interesting one this year :D

#7 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

my bet is £450-600 I just thought i'd put that marker down so i can say i told you so. :P

#8 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

The key question is when will GT6 be out, based on history I'm guessing towards the end of the decade :lol:

#9 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

£394.99 apparently!

#10 TazN

TazN

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

Well I'd be suprised if they go over £350 for a base model. They screwed up the ps3 launch by pricing to high and wont want to make the same mistake again, especially if they have the 720 out at a similar time. I'm not going to be pre-ordering mine though as I want to see what happens with the preowned games situation for both ps4 and the 720.

#11 elwill

elwill

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

The key question is when will GT6 be out, based on history I'm guessing towards the end of the decade :lol:

It's rumoured that GT6 will be coming out for PS3 right at the end of its life cycle. Makes sense as Polyphony have to have been doing something since 2010 and it won't have been for a next gen console. Also why would they unveil Drive Club if GT6 is going to be a launch title.

Well I'd be suprised if they go over £350 for a base model. They screwed up the ps3 launch by pricing to high and wont want to make the same mistake again, especially if they have the 720 out at a similar time.

I'm not going to be pre-ordering mine though as I want to see what happens with the preowned games situation for both ps4 and the 720.

Sony have come out and said that preowned will definitely work on PS4. It would be suicide for one and not the other to adopt that model.

There was a rumour about 6 months ago that MS might release the Xbox with a mobile phone style contract, something like £30 a month for 24 months, including access to Xbox live.
I'd rather buy it outright but it's an intriguing idea and would probably increase early adopters.

#12 Cookies220

Cookies220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

I'm liking the idea of (virtually) no loading times - this is becoming a bit of a pain now. With the emphasis now on communal gaming, I'm hoping they don't steer away from good single player games.

#13 TazN

TazN

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

fingers crossed that game stop arent spouting crap and that sony will be doing a worldwide launch for 2013. God knows we need a new platform other than a bloody wii u.

#14 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

I'm liking the idea of (virtually) no loading times - this is becoming a bit of a pain now. With the emphasis now on communal gaming, I'm hoping they don't steer away from good single player games.

That's why x360 is unusable. i haven't turned mine on for over 2 and 1/2 years because i was sick and tired of watching status bars. it was ok on earlier games like forza 2. for 3 its was borderline, by 4 it was totally unacceptable.

I've even got 12months of unsued xbox live if anyone wants it.

#15 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,509 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

feck me its a games console, they are not that slow to make it unusable.... all I know.. Fifa 13 is the best game in the world... :P

#16 Cookies220

Cookies220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

fingers crossed that game stop arent spouting crap and that sony will be doing a worldwide launch for 2013. God knows we need a new platform other than a bloody wii u.

I doubt we'll get it at the same time as Japan and USA. Because Europe (and the rest of the world) all have different languages, standards, power supplies (etc etc) it is much more difficult to get everything in place for a simultaneous lauch. That being said, I hope it'll be out before Christmas - it's commerical suicide otherwise.

#17 wantsum

wantsum

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Interests:Gaming and now fixing cars

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Just seen some pre-order prices for this £350 which seems ok, have been looking

at a few of the new game trailers nothings blowing me away graphics wise that

I havent seen on the pc, are any good game trailers that impress? 

#18 Duncan_F

Duncan_F

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,725 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

Drive Club doesn't look bad.

#19 mark moyz

mark moyz

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:Redundancy demotions pay cuts 0 hours contracts employment shaftings

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

The Ps4 hardware is about 18months behind the latest Pc hardware so im not expecting ground breaking graphics just increasesd frame rates and better synchronization when online gaming also increased numbers for players online in each game/match/race or warzone. I just dont think games will get any better.

#20 Cookies220

Cookies220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:54 AM

Looking at some of the upcoming releases, the graphics look much better than anything the PS3 / Xbox are currently churning out.  Graphics can always be better on a PC, but a top end gaming PC is, what, £2500 - £3000 as opposed to £350 for a PS4.

I love the idea of quick on/off and picking up a game immediately where you left off (not sure you can do that with a PC), plus it'll always look better in the lounge than a big ass PC will.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users