Vxr Wheels - Group Buy.

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • Interests:Aerobatics, Cars, Bikes, Birds, having fun.

Posted 30 July 2004 - 08:24 PM

I plan on going to my dealer and / or Stu H, and trying to arrange a group buy. The car is out so the wheels must be available soon. Depending on the level of interest the deal might be wheels only or wheels and tyres. I will use the response to this to put the case forward. No commitment at this stage. (Just genuine interest.)

I will assume your interest is in wheels only unless you put +T by your name.

Ben L +T

Attached Files

#2 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 08:32 PM

I have no idea about any technical issues regarding wheel size and ABS interaction. I would like to make it clear that what you do with the wheels is your own business and I make no claims about the wheels' suitability for your car. :unsure:

#3 andym172

andym172

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much anything and everything...<br>Get bored too easily so don't have a specific 'interest'.

Posted 30 July 2004 - 08:52 PM

Wheels + Tyres for me, depending on cost :) Cracking idea by the way... thumbsup :D

#4 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 30 July 2004 - 08:57 PM

Wheels & Tyres for me. Why do you want them Ben now you've got the VXR?

#5 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 02:15 AM

Why do you want them Ben now you've got the VXR?

I plan on running slightly longer lasting/cheaper tyres day to day and leaving a set of 48's at the Ring.

So,

Ben L +T
Andy M +T
Paul ? +T

#6 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 08:07 AM

Stu said you have to have the replacement ABS module with the 16" VXR wheels as well. Is everyone who is thinking about getting the VXR wheels also getting the ABS module with this or disabling their ABS? Ben

#7 andym172

andym172

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much anything and everything...<br>Get bored too easily so don't have a specific 'interest'.

Posted 31 July 2004 - 08:13 AM

Stu said you have to have the replacement ABS module with the 16" VXR wheels as well. Is everyone who is thinking about getting the VXR wheels also getting the ABS module with this or disabling their ABS?

Ben

It'll depend on what Vauxhall offer us I suppose.

The cheaper/obvious choice is to turn the ABS off. Why they ever fitted such a crap unit to the VX is beyond me... :beat:

#8 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 08:23 AM

intrested in wheel +t but would also like the option of the correct abs unit if possible.

#9 Sicey

Sicey

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 08:39 AM

Stu said you have to have the replacement ABS module with the 16" VXR wheels as well. Is everyone who is thinking about getting the VXR wheels also getting the ABS module with this or disabling their ABS?

Ben

Ricky said he was speaking to one of the Loti engineers that developed the ABS and said it was not needed but this will need looking into.

Ben - I am interested if you can get a deal as I want to replace wheels/tyres once my current ones are shot ;)
I am not 100% if I want the yokos despite them looking great and doing the biz on the track, more concerned about the effect they have when its wet and think the bridgestones make a good comprimise between road and track, I will wait on reports from you current VXR owners on their all weather performance Imnotworthy

The other question is if a bulk order or normal order is not placed soon will these wheels be available next year to people thinking of upgrading? over to Stu ;)

John.

#10 SPLAM

SPLAM

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 10:51 AM

First off, R1 your VXR looks luuuverlyyy. thumbsup I have a feeling that vauxhall are not going to sell the wheels to non VXR owners unless they have the new ABS(as has been said),my guess is it is possibly gonna be a case of having to have the ABS and wheels fitted at the same time at your dealers. (I hope i'm wrong :unsure: ) Wheels only please. chinky chinky

#11 seanie

seanie

• 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 12:43 PM

i used bf goodrich on the back of my speedster for road use and found them to be excellent as an everyday tyre and long lasting too...VERY grippy. Only cost me eur320 for the pair seanie

#12 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 08:33 PM

Why do you want them Ben now you've got the VXR?

I plan on running slightly longer lasting/cheaper tyres day to day and leaving a set of 48's at the Ring.

So,

Ben L +T
Andy M +T
Paul ? +T
Splam (whats your first name and initial please?)
John ? (+T)
Robin +T (if you are happy re my ABS comments)

I have no intereset in ABS anymore. Mine works and observing 18 months worth of complaints here means I really am not interested in getting involved in that.

Regarding who buys the wheels - if I buy them all Vauxhall will be selling them to a VXR owner. But like I say - I make no claims about the suitability or not for your car. If you are interested on those terms I will negotiate on your behalf and if not I will not include you on the list of potential customers. I don't mean to sound harsh - I just want to make my standpoint clear.

#13 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 08:42 PM

Foxy ? :P ;) :lol: :) :D

#14 amrit

amrit

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 07:34 AM

wheels & tyres - registering interest.

#15 SPLAM

SPLAM

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:09 AM

Regarding who buys the wheels - if I buy them all Vauxhall will be selling them to a VXR owner. But like I say - I make no claims about the suitability or not for your car. If you are interested on those terms I will negotiate on your behalf and if not I will not include you on the list of potential customers. I don't mean to sound harsh - I just want to make my standpoint clear.

thumbsup B)

Sam.H

#16 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:19 AM

Foxy ? :P ;) :lol: :) :D

B) Best but me down for a set...

Cheers Ben

Having said that...I'm quite pissed off about the lack info :poke: So I am looking at other options ;)

#17 Leo

Leo

• Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 11:29 AM

Wheels only for me please - But I would need to know the cost first.

#18 rmaurer

rmaurer

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 06:35 PM

thumbsup Definitely interested in the wheels, but not tyres at the moment. Not sure whether I want Yokos/Toyos etc... :unsure: I'm happy to pull the plug on the existing ABS though! Cheers! chinky chinky

#19 Vespillo

Vespillo

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • Interests:Computers,<br>Golf,<br>Snooker,<br>MY VX!!!!!!!!!!!!!,<br>Music (Dj'ing and making it)<br>as well as other obvious ones like getting pissed,<br>having a laugh with my mates, chilling with the family etc etc.

Posted 01 August 2004 - 08:12 PM

wheels and tyres for me thumbsup

#20 Foxy_Jr

Foxy_Jr

• PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:28 AM

If and when you get the VXR wheels, would anyone be interested in selling me a pair of rears?? Let me know if and when it happens!! :poke: Thanks.

Edited by Foxy_Jr, 03 August 2004 - 11:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users