tyres toyo rirs

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Wreelybro

Wreelybro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:Racing WRC/F1/Miglia/Time Attack/MotoGp etc...
    360 Gaming 10-Pin Bowling.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

OK I know this has probably been done to death but to save me from searching any more has anyone bought Toyo R1R's recently?

I need:

2 x 205/45/16

and

2 x 225/45/17

I missed out on the Demon Tweeks Outlet cheapos by 30min (D'oh!)

So best quote so far is £410 delivered but not fitted.

#2 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Good price that. Sure mine were considerably more expensive than that, even with the old Camskill Toyo discount.

#3 Wreelybro

Wreelybro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

Techie how do you rate these as an all rounder?

Road use and occasional track day. (Want a tyre that isn't going point me to the nearerest ditch at the first sight of a cloud,) Car won;t be used over winter but I'm sure there will be times when it rains!

#4 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

You thought about AD08's wheely?

#5 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

Where is that from?

Even with the cheapo fronts from DT, i can't get to that by the time i add the rears...

#6 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

Good price that. Sure mine were considerably more expensive than that, even with the old Camskill Toyo discount.

Yep camskill with discount (though they have no stock) is £470 for a set.

#7 Wreelybro

Wreelybro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

D'oh worng tyre choice correct price is £484.00

From

#8 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

This is still showing as 3 available

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ec7a45107

#9 Wreelybro

Wreelybro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

You thought about AD08's wheely?

Can't find any stock of AD08's

#10 Wreelybro

Wreelybro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

This is still showing as 3 available

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ec7a45107

My Ebay app on my phone is showing this lising as ended.

#11 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Brilliant. Wouldn't be without them now. They're my everyday tyre and also my default choice for trackdays, unless I'm reasonably certain the weather will justify swapping the wheels for the R888 shod set (though there may be a degree of laziness on my part there). I've not even bothered using the Kumho KU31 shod wheels since the R1-R's arrived, although they are currently on the car since I lent Mike the wheels and R1R's for TA. Ultimately, they're not as good on track as R888/AO48/V70a type tyres but then you wouldn't expect that. On track you do have to keep an eye on temperatures, otherwise they'll get too hot and start to break away, for me that usually means doing a couple of laps less than on a real cut slick type tyre but obviously not an issue on the roads. Have coped admirably with lots of deep standing water and torrential rain on two consecutive Le Mans trips - if I'd made the decision to go with R888's fitted, I'd have been pulling off the road and waiting out the weather. From new, I reckon they've actually got a bit too much tread depth on them as the steering feels slightly "laggy" on initial turn-in, which I think is down to the tread blocks. I compensated for that pretty well with a couple of psi extra in the fronts initially. The soon as you've worn them in a little, they're spot on. I'd add, I haven't owned the other forum favourite of Yoko AD08's to do a real comparison with. Though I have driven a car with them fitted and found them to be fine as well.

#12 Wreelybro

Wreelybro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

Brilliant. Wouldn't be without them now. They're my everyday tyre and also my default choice for trackdays, unless I'm reasonably certain the weather will justify swapping the wheels for the R888 shod set (though there may be a degree of laziness on my part there). I've not even bothered using the Kumho KU31 shod wheels since the R1-R's arrived, although they are currently on the car since I lent Mike the wheels and R1R's for TA. Ultimately, they're not as good on track as R888/AO48/V70a type tyres but then you wouldn't expect that. On track you do have to keep an eye on temperatures, otherwise they'll get too hot and start to break away, for me that usually means doing a couple of laps less than on a real cut slick type tyre but obviously not an issue on the roads. Have coped admirably with lots of deep standing water and torrential rain on two consecutive Le Mans trips - if I'd made the decision to go with R888's fitted, I'd have been pulling off the road and waiting out the weather. From new, I reckon they've actually got a bit too much tread depth on them as the steering feels slightly "laggy" on initial turn-in, which I think is down to the tread blocks. I compensated for that pretty well with a couple of psi extra in the fronts initially. The soon as you've worn them in a little, they're spot on. I'd add, I haven't owned the other forum favourite of Yoko AD08's to do a real comparison with. Though I have driven a car with them fitted and found them to be fine as well.

Cheers Techie great piece of information sounds exactly what I'm after. Would try the AD08's but can't find any.

#13 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

Tried Adams and Page Matty?

#14 Wreelybro

Wreelybro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

Nope will give them a call - I know Desborough Ave not to far from me. Cheers.

#15 Wreelybro

Wreelybro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

Nope will give them a call - I know Desborough Ave not to far from me. Cheers.

Rob you get discount here by any chance?

#16 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

These are the cheapest i've found so far

http://www.ears.co.u...oduct_info.html

#17 neilchills

neilchills

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

£536.40 set of four from Adams & Page 16/17. This includes VAT and fitting. From my research prices in the fours are without VAT Peter at A&P a real character 😊

#18 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:01 AM

Federal 595 RSR's are only £320 a set. Thought they were rated as good/better than the r1r's?

#19 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts
  • Interests:Provoking Badgers

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:26 AM

That is a very fair review. I have found the tyre wall to be soft at the extreme end, although that was with the instructor driving and not me :sleep: .

The do last a long time as well in comparison to any other tyre I have run on the vx (the CF setup, or rather the lotus geo on it... really helps with tyre wear).

Edited by davemate, 21 May 2013 - 08:27 AM.

#20 martylemoo

martylemoo

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

Oponeo are usually pretty good and it is where I buy all of my R1Rs 

All of their prices include delivery.

http://www.oponeo.co...225-45-r17-91-w

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tyres, toyo, rirs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users