Miltek NA is 2.25" Milltek tubby is 2.5"

#22 Steve.i.am

Steve.i.am

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Interests:Bends

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

Are you going to get it Mapped by Courtneys  or going down the Dutch DIY route ?

Well yeah Courtney's was the plan. I've been reading the various threads about the Dutch software and it looks great and being a software developer its right up my street but I'm not sure I can (a) Justify the expense of it for my run of the mill stage 2 and (B) will realistically have the time to master it.

No doubt I'll be persuaded otherwise!

#23 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

You need to make your own decision on ECU route, There is quite a few threads going on about the Dutch route, fors and against That's all I'm saying

#24 Steve.i.am

Steve.i.am

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

If I remember Milltek is 2,25 Tullett 2,50 ,OEM is 2.25

Yeah so I thought if I were to go down the route of buying a Milltek back box, I may as well go for the turbo one since it's a bigger bore and it's also £70 cheaper. How much louder is it though? And I also thought, for the downpipe/cat, going for a Tullet rather than Milltek might be better cos, again, its a bigger bore (Tullet 2.5") and £100 cheaper.

Anyway, if I can get either a standard VXT ubend (anyone??), or make the Milltek one fit, I'll just go with my original plan of remove pre-cat and use the VXT backbox. OK may not make 250hp but should be OK for 240-245?

Its doing my bloody head in.

#25 Kieran McC

Kieran McC

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars,Track Days.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

You are getting into the point of spending £££££££££' s. The more BHP you want the more you seem to spend.

#26 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

And the miltek NA has it's smallest section in the ubend of.........hang on your hats...... 1.85".

#27 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

It's all swings and roundabouts... JG ran a full NA Miltek system and still hit 258bhp iirc? He is now running a Tullet manifold, Tullet cat (2.5) and a miltek tubby backbox and is at 262bhp (and more noise). I'm running 2.5 piper cat with standard manifold, with a 2.5 2bular backbox and hit 261. Others are running standard cat and even a VSE (goose) and he hit 250bhp. So, go figure!

#28 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

Confusing

#29 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

Somebody should do a dyno with just the precat out on a stock 2" NA system, just for the fun of it.

I think big bore is slightly overrated for stage II.

#30 A-F_20

A-F_20

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

I used the bolt like the one in your pic with the rubber seal from my old map sensor (the NA one) and it seems to work ok.

#31 Steve.i.am

Steve.i.am

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

Somebody should do a dyno with just the precat out on a stock 2" NA system, just for the fun of it.

The way things are I rekon that I might end up doing exactly that!!

#32 Steve.i.am

Steve.i.am

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

I used the bolt like the one in your pic with the rubber seal from my old map sensor (the NA one) and it seems to work ok.

Sounds like a plan  thumbsup

#33 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

The way things are I rekon that I might end up doing exactly that!!

it'll be fine, NA Milltek isn't that much bigger and think Vocky even found out it's 2 inch in the backbox here

#34 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

Make your own exhaust! If you have a half decent local fabricator it is not difficult to make the down pipe and cat section. Then get the connecting pipe changed to fit the turbo back box (you can buy pipe reduction sections. I think you could make a 2.5" system for around £250 including a 200 cell cat. E-bay is your friend for parts. At the cost of systems I am surprised more people don't go this way.

#35 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

http://bit.ly/14i0NAt

Just to get you started.

#36 Webby

Webby

• 1 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

Joined the forum so i can post responses! That's how keen i am to see this car in action!

You can buy an exhaust reducer part 2.5" - 2.25" off ebay for £3.50 + postage. That should fix that issue - item number 2309 4007 1079 - lets you try that option and see if the results are favourable (plus its cost effective).

#37 Steve.i.am

Steve.i.am

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hey Mike!

Welcome to the forum - no hiding now.. I have to get this done.

Got home at 7.15pm this evening and at 7.30pm I was out to begin tackling getting the front clam off. Armed with a printout of the guide I set to it. And feck me... by 8.30 my car looked like this...

Posted Image

Not a single rusted bolt - I wasn't expecting that. Well, I say not a single rusted bolt - there were 2 - but just the two front middle fasteners holding the arch liners on - hence why they're both still on the car. 

Obviously the clam has been off the car in the not too distant past - most probably to fit the ally rad that is in there.

I'm tempted to say... if it all goes this smoothly.. bla bla.. But I better not.

Tomorrow evening its the rear..

#38 Steve.i.am

Steve.i.am

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

You can buy an exhaust reducer part 2.5" - 2.25" off ebay for £3.50 + postage. That should fix that issue - item number 2309 4007 1079 - lets you try that option and see if the results are favourable (plus its cost effective).

Thanks for that Mike.. Errm, yeah well this exhaust malarky has been doing my head in - so today I made a decision. Buy a Milltek turbo back box, and find a sport cat section and nuts to the cost. I was just getting so fed up just thinking about it all the time I gave in and called AMD and bought the back box (minus the link pipe which I already had). So all I've lost now is the cost of the 2nd had box which I can sell on.

Just need to find a sport cat section now. Milltek are out of stock, Tullet have 3-4 week lead time. I feel a wanted ad coming on...

#39 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

The 2.5 with manifold also gives a bit more torque which nice I don't want anymore power or torque. It's just perfect as it is. Noise is fine too, for now, until the cat falls apart.

#40 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

until the cat falls apart.

Let's hope it wil make the national :unsure:

Tick....tick....tick...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supercharge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users