• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#21 Schnitzel Loti

Schnitzel Loti

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

Hello chaps,

Like with all insurance, underwriters like to know what sort of price they're up against, its the nature of the beast I'm afraid.

I can assure you that here at 1 Answer we will try and give you the best price, but sometimes, we do have to go back to the underwriter and see if they'll budge!  

Regards postcodes, E14 should be fine, SK11 will be harder, but we'll see what we can do

regards

Rich

#22 Sc0rian

Sc0rian

• PipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Interests:vx220's and being a computer geek.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

just got the phone to them, he said he couldnt insure me at a good price even know cci can... 

Ah well, thanks for the info anyway. I'm young and a too much of a risk I guess 

#23 Schnitzel Loti

Schnitzel Loti

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Insurance is a funny old game. The key thing we have are risk factors, such as post codes, driver history, age etc. I had a guy today, whereby he looked like a good risk to me, but the underwriter simply wouldn't have it! Like I said in my first post, I'm working on other insurers who can come in and help give good rates for those that some of our current panel aren't so good with. We're working on it though.

#24 Craigvx

Craigvx

• PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

Sounds like a good step forward. Too bad iv just turned 21. My insurance isn't due until April though so hopefully you'll be able to provide cover for younger drivers by then. :)

#25 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,719 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Insurance is a funny old game. The key thing we have are risk factors, such as post codes, driver history, age etc. I had a guy today, whereby he looked like a good risk to me, but the underwriter simply wouldn't have it! Like I said in my first post, I'm working on other insurers who can come in and help give good rates for those that some of our current panel aren't so good with. We're working on it though.

Always strikes me that it depends on financial performance of the company as well. I got quotes for a shitty 100k golf worth £500. The quotes ranges from £600 to over a £1k. Ludicrous. With all respect due I am thrilled to have you on board I can tell you. But I just can't get my head around the lunacy that car insurance is. I can assure you that I am not asking you for the answers of course and the above is respectfully all IMHO.

#26 Schnitzel Loti

Schnitzel Loti

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

Always strikes me that it depends on financial performance of the company as well. I got quotes for a shitty 100k golf worth £500. The quotes ranges from £600 to over a £1k. Ludicrous. With all respect due I am thrilled to have you on board I can tell you. But I just can't get my head around the lunacy that car insurance is. I can assure you that I am not asking you for the answers of course and the above is respectfully all IMHO.
No offence taken at all! We're just discussing insurance, and the anomalies which come with it. We have another insurer who loves high risk drivers with convictions. The strange thing is that they won't touch a clean young driver who might attract a £600+ premium. So basically just, young, with a good history, and unlikely to make a claim. Just doesn't make sense at times. It all boils down to appetite, and as you say either the financial position of an insurer or indeed an underwriter being comfortable with what they're insuring. Once I get a few more insurers on this, we should be able to cover most spectrums of customer:)

#27 Zuber

Zuber

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • Interests:Finding a way to motivate myself to get fit. Anything Interesting.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

My theory is that insurers all use software to figure out risks etc. And since software is full of bugs, it helps explain the totally inexplicable insurance quotes.

Someone forgot to comment out the random number generator bit of code...

Take me for example. I got a quote for my other car. Added the Misses to it and the premium dropped by £200. Earlier this year, she had an accident. Other persons fault, but disputed and so now down to 3 years no claims. On renewal premium went up as you would expect.

But I decided to see how much to insure the car in her name with her as main driver instead (we both use the car frequently) with zero no claims and the premium dropped. I'm got no accidents or claims. And this is with the same insurer :blink:

Totally random I tell you. If some insurer actually figured out how to calculate premiums based on common sense, they could make a killing I reckon...

Edited by Zuber, 05 July 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#28 dw1

dw1

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

It should be called 'no one answer insurance' judging by the length of time I have been in the phone queue! Let's hope it's worth the wait as I'm pleased by Rich sorting out this scheme. And at 14 pence per minute from mobile I think any savings I get will be eaten up. 8 minutes and 35 seconds and counting.

Edited by dw1, 06 July 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#29 turbobob

turbobob

2/3rds of a Queen

• 13,835 posts
  • Interests:Football - support Derby County
    Photography
    CARS!!
    Computers (oh no not another nerd....)
    Travelling

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

Why would you call an 0800 number from your mobile? :unsure:

#30 dw1

dw1

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

Why would you call an 0800 number from your mobile? :unsure:

Err, because I'm mobile and not at home. ;)

Edited by dw1, 06 July 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#31 turbobob

turbobob

2/3rds of a Queen

• 13,835 posts
    Photography
    CARS!!
    Travelling

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Isn't there a land line nearby you can use? Even payphones are free for 0800 numbers (at least they used to be)

#32 JohnTurbo

JohnTurbo

SuperScruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,636 posts
  • Interests:Performance cars!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

Hang on...whats this "Landline" business?

Have you been taking drugs?

The very idea of a phone using *wires*! ha!

#33 bunsenburner

bunsenburner

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

Don't you need a cup at each end for that to work?

#34 dw1

dw1

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

Isn't there a land line nearby you can use? Even payphones are free for 0800 numbers (at least they used to be)

You're right Bob, it's an outrageous cost, when it's supposed to be free.

#35 Schnitzel Loti

Schnitzel Loti

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

Hello Chaps,

Got quite a few quotes to get prices for today. Regards being difficult to get through to, we've been absolutely rammed with business over the last few days, so please bear with us!

regards

Rich 

#36 dw1

dw1

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

Another satisfied customer, quote £60 less than renewal and more cover. Happy.

#37 MWS

MWS

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Football - Stockport County & VFB Stuttgart
    Cars - VX220s
    Basketball - Miami Heat

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

Mr Schnitzel, do you cover the hotbed of crime and depravity that is the SK11 area postcode?

Hotbed of crime and depravity........... :lol:

Try an M22 postcode! :blink:

#38 Duncan_F

Duncan_F

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,725 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hello chaps,

Regards postcodes, E14 should be fine, SK11 will be harder, but we'll see what we can do

regards

Rich

This all sounds ideal for me, I fulfil all the criteria and the cover is exactly what I'd want, but like Darcini I also live in the hotbed of crime that is Cheshire. I'm guessing I'm also going to struggle with an SK7 postcode ?

#39 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts
  • Interests:Provoking Badgers

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

on the phone to them now... £514 to beat...going to call me back tomorrow. God it takes a long time to go through my list of mods :rolleyes:

#40 turbobob

turbobob

2/3rds of a Queen

• 13,835 posts
    Photography
    CARS!!
    Travelling

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

And what was the outcome? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: insurance, trackday cover, agreed value

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users