• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 CALYPSO_VXT

CALYPSO_VXT

• PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 30 April 2003 - 10:29 AM

Don't know about any of you but I think that if you are spending £25k on a car you should expect to get decent valves on the alloy wheels not cheap rubber ones. Does anyone know if it is possible to change the valves on the wheels from the cheap black rubber to alluminium ? I'm not just talking about the valve caps but the whole bit. Not a major mod but something that I think help improves the viisuable appearance albeit in minor. Also, anyone thought of putting white letters on the tyres ? Would it would improve the appearance or is it just a naff idea ? PS Sorry Martinh, I know in the overalll scheme of the universe and all, that it's totally insignificant and probably doesn't even rate in your top 1 million things in life but....

#2 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 30 April 2003 - 10:43 AM

Problem you've got it little scrotes nicking them when you park up. Matt at Ormskirk Vauxhall had some last time I looked.

#3 Jez

Jez

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Interests:Bikes,TT,Isle Of Man,VX's, investigations to where my money goes each month,

Posted 30 April 2003 - 11:11 AM

:rolleyes:

Attached Files

#4 Marco

Marco

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 11:17 AM

he meant the whole valve not the caps... you could only nick the valve if you took the tyre off! I expect it is possible to change the whole valve, but its probably worth waiting until you need new tyres to do it..

#5 CALYPSO_VXT

CALYPSO_VXT

• PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 11:58 AM

Problem you've got it little scrotes nicking them when you park up.

Thorney - I had that problem with my last car. That had alluminium valves and valve caps. I was convinced it was the little b%^^tard next door who was nicking the caps and I even caught him crouching down by the wheel one evening. His Dad said that it wasn't him and didn't take kindly to me suggesting it was. One afternoon I replaced the caps and they were gone within an hour and I hadn't moved the car from my drive !! :angry: :angry:

I looked at the little s%ds bike one day and he had a lovely set of shiny new caps identical to the ones I had on my car !! Strange thing is that once he moved I didn't loose a single cap in 6 months. ;) ;)

Jez -Thanks for posting but Marco is right, I did mean the valves that you use to inflate the tyres with not the wheel nuts.

Marco - Think your right. Don't really want to remove the wheels and tyres unless I have to. Might upset the balance etc. Also I have yet to find a reputable garage that can actually replace tyres without scratching the alloys. Something that would drive me over the edge when my car is only 2 weeks old. :drink: :drink: :9mm:

#6 CALYPSO_VXT

CALYPSO_VXT

• PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 07:43 AM

Also, anyone thought of putting white letters on the tyres ? Would it would improve the appearance or is it just a naff idea ?

Any thoughts on this ? Anyone done it ? Any pictures ?

#7 iandhd

iandhd

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 04:13 PM

Also, anyone thought of putting white letters on the tyres ? Would it would improve the appearance or is it just a naff idea ?

May be I just don't understand what you mean but I'm veering towards "naff" I'm afraid.

#8 Marco

Marco

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 04:32 PM

there is a picture of a Calypso vx in the gallery with white letters on the tryes:

Uploaded by one Ian Hatten
Posted Image
and
Posted Image

#9 CALYPSO_VXT

CALYPSO_VXT

• PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 06:28 PM

May be I just don't understand what you mean but I'm veering towards "naff" I'm afraid.

Marco hit the nail on the head. cheers See pics above. Naff or smart ?? Before I thought of it I thought naff. Seeing it... well maybe it's ok actually.

Anyone else care to comment ?

#10 rubber

rubber

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 08:11 PM

I must admit I thought the idea of white lettering was naff, but now having seen it it's quite subtle and not in yer face. Not bad. Ian

#11 Marco

Marco

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 08:22 PM

I wouldn't do it personally, but I think it looks ok (does give it an extra racy look) and Calypso is probably the best colour for it. If you like it, do it -cars are a personal thing

#12 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 02 May 2003 - 09:19 AM

Mmmm, quite like the white ont he tyre walls B) How about yellow like on P-Zeros? So how do you get it on?? Professional or kit from Halfords?

#13 Purebob

Purebob

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Interests:Laughing, Helping my kids grow up, Travelling, Being pompous about the death of pop music as a relevant cultural medium, Driving my brilliant little car, Being middle aged and waiting for death, Enjoying the privilege of travelling the world

Posted 02 May 2003 - 11:23 AM

Hmm. White lettering is " big pimpin' " while the VX isn't really that type of car is it? The only crack we deal in is in the sill covers where our bums rest on getting in and out ! Doesn't look too bad in the fotos tho'.

#14 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 02 May 2003 - 08:51 PM

I have a superlight alloy valve kit....30 euros.... :o :blink: ...but...5 grams each! :P B) will post a pic....

#15 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 04 May 2003 - 10:19 AM

here it is....

Attached Files

#16 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts
  • Interests:Er... cars?

Posted 04 May 2003 - 10:40 AM

Who is the manufacturer, Ricky?

#17 CALYPSO_VXT

CALYPSO_VXT

• PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 10:47 AM

Done some looking around myself. Try Supplier who sell all sorts of bits and bobs. They even sell flush valves.

Thanks Ricky for your pics. Looks great. Just what I am after. Far far better than stupid rubber ones with plastic caps. IMO

#18 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts
  • Interests:Er... cars?

Posted 04 May 2003 - 11:16 AM

Thanks for the tip. really good site. :)

#19 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 01:42 PM

http://www.speeding......tml#a213#a213

yep, there they are, price is about the same as well.....mine are made by a small company in italy....

#20 CALYPSO_VXT

CALYPSO_VXT

• PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 03:29 PM

Ricky - Do you know if you can just replace the valves without the need to remove the tyre ? Is it a case of deflating the tyre, unscrewing the old ones and fitting the new ones ? or is it a bit more technical that that. Anyone know why Vauxhall fit such cheap crapy rubber in the first place ? cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users