• Please log in to reply
756 replies to this topic

#21 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

We might be able to get more off if we have more than 5 or it might be restricted to 5 Attic monkey please give us some indication

You need to work on your F5 skills :P

#22 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

£775+vat for 10 engines each. All engines come with new chains, oil pump, water pump etc. however they will not come with stater motors. This price is also under the condition that all engines will have intake and exhaust manifold removed. Payment must be made in full by everyone before any engine is shipped or collected. I'm asking about over seas postage on them for our Dutch friends.

#23 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

so £930 if there are ten engines purchased, with the dead weight already removed - saab inlet and turbo exhaust manifolds :P

I'm still only a 'maybe' because it's just going to be a spare engine sat on the shelf, I have no current use for it, but I do realise that it's a good deal and certainly worth a punt at that price :sleep:

Edited by vocky, 15 August 2013 - 05:16 PM.

#24 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Ill be claiming the vat back, so might others. ;) Think of it as an investment as 50% of these engines will come to you for rebuilds. :lol:

#25 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

£800.00 + VAT (£960) for 5 £775.00 + VAT (£930) for 10 1. CHILL 2. D3YMO 3. ArticMonkey 4. 2deano5 5. Mango Motorsport 6. Vocky subject to him wanting one

#26 Kieran McC

Kieran McC

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars,Track Days.

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

Ill be claiming the vat back, so might others. ;) Think of it as an investment as 50% of these engines will come to you for rebuilds. :lol:

So whats your % on these sell 10 and get a freebie  :lol:

#27 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

Shhhhh. You should of held out and got a bargain. ;)

#28 Steelic

Steelic

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

Just spotted this, any background info/ links to the conversion? Sounds an interesting project.

#29 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

It started here in this thread

http://www.vx220.org...-my-life/page-2

But have been thinking about it for 4 months or so

#30 Kieran McC

Kieran McC

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars,Track Days.

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

Shhhhh. You should of held out and got a bargain. ;)

With the package i got with mine I am more than happy its had all the work done  rallly

#31 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

It started here in this thread

http://www.vx220.org...-my-life/page-2

But have been thinking about it for 4 days or so

EFA

#32 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

£775+vat for 10 engines each. All engines come with new chains, oil pump, water pump etc. however they will not come with stater motors. This price is also under the condition that all engines will have intake and exhaust manifold removed. Payment must be made in full by everyone before any engine is shipped or collected. I'm asking about over seas postage on them for our Dutch friends.

Hmmm, that sounds very similar to the bare long-block B207 spec that I asked the supplier here to quote me. And amazingly their price is exactly the same with the current exchange rate. :-D

And only local shipping costs will make this cheaper for us to buy these in NL.

#33 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

Hmmm, that sounds very similar to the bare long-block B207 spec that I asked the supplier here to quote me. And amazingly their price is exactly the same with the current exchange rate. :-D   And only local shipping costs will make this cheaper for us to buy these in NL.
Get your name on the list or be gone from this thread! ;)

#34 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

anyone know what the liners are rated at? 

#35 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

anyone know what the liners are rated at? 

400 bhp

#36 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

This point has been debated a bit recently on tinterweb.  There has been some work done to see why they fail and it appears to be related to the block / head interface moving distorting.  There has been some investigation into thicker head studs and crank it down tight which has helped, copper head gaskets etc.  Obviously there's also the new gen 3 block too.  People who have tightened the head more have engines surviving over 600 bhp with an overbore.  There has also been some problems with aftermarket liners moving vertically (base plate of the block flexing.  GMR now add 1" of block fill to the base of the block to stiffen it when they fit liners.  I dont think its straight forward. 

There are other advantages to the saab block such as piston oilers and a different (better??) oil cooler but the basic blocks are the same as Z22's.

This is a sensible group buy once you factor in costs of new chain kits etc.  I'd be in it if I didn't already have one.

ETA:

http://www.turbovmax...ort Fighter.pdf

Edited by FLD, 16 August 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#37 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

So what's the general theories here? Purely from someone ignorant but curious. So the engine brand new would be circa £1k Assuming you have the exhaust and DIY, all would need 2.2 crank. Stage 2 (M62 ~ 250bhp) Would be around another £2.5k (but no need for the Saab engine at this level) So £3.5k total Stage 3 (M62 small pulley ~ 300bhp) Should be ok on all standard internals, so the same price as above? So £3.5k total Stage 4 (Harrop ~ 370bhp) Would need rods and pistons (anything else?) so another £4k So £5.0k total Or am I way off the mark, as I say purely curiosity!

#38 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

A little of the mark If you want to keep the saab on standard internals you would also have to sort a external trigger wheel and changes in wiring and I also think coil pack would need changing, Doing it with 2.2crank you would have to do rods and pistons but have a stronger engine which is rated higher to and you get to keep z22se characteristics and wiring

#39 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

Got it (I think) so you need the crank to avoid the need for the external trigger wheel. But then you need the rods and crank from the z22se. I guess you could use z22se originals but why would you? So uprated are the order of the day. In which case (unless you already own an M62 and really want to go from stage 2 to stage 3) this only makes sence if you want to go down the Harrop route? Or am I off the mark again?

#40 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

You could just forge the z22se but you may have to do chains reboring as well as head and sump From saab, May as well just get a new one and just add pistons rods as a minimum

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: b207, saab

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users