• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

Now you may think the Victorian era is not relevant to you , but just go back a couple of generations and ask how old where your great grandparents when they got married.  

WTF? Is that some kind of attempt to justify sex with minors? What has the Victorian era got to do with the sexual abuse of children today? Slavery was perfectly legal at one time, does that mean it's ok to pop over to the Ivory Coast, bop a couple of the locals over the head and bring them back home so they can mow the lawn without pay (and any basic human rights)? The batty old woman down the road, reckon she's a witch so I fancy burning her at the stake, they used to do that in the olden days so that'll be alright. I mean, really?  
I don't think Steve is saying that it is acceptable. But in Victorian times it was acceptable. Morals, ethics and laws evolve and change. Some things that are acceptable now won't be acceptable in 100 years.
Hence the reason the punishments are only relevant to when the crimes were committed. Meaning these people being convicted now are getting surprisingly minor jail terms etc.

#42 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:Invasive Operations

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:18 AM

Good news!

Rolf's being released tomorrow.

I wonder if this means a new series of Rolf's Cartoon time? Or maybe Animal Hospital?

Watching with interest....

#43 KurtVerbose

KurtVerbose

His Serene Highness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts
  • Interests:Big baps.

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:33 PM

I wonder if this means a new series of Rolf's Cartoon time? Or maybe Animal Hospital?

Sadly for Rolf fans, at the age of 87 I think his broadcasting days are over.

Also, as he's currently on trail for more paedophilic groping/etc, he might not be out of clink for very long.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users