203 replies to this topic

#1 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts
  • Interests:Provoking Badgers

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

With all of the bits, the noise cancelling bits etc.

If you are going to be buying tis there may be a discount. Let me know if you are interested.

#2 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Before you go ahead, have you confirmed that this isn't going to be part of the functionality added to the Dutch ECU?

#3 jameso

jameso

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

If Dave wants it for track use prolly better to go with the pro solution of RL rather than a manufacturers ECU version?

#4 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

If Dave wants it for track use prolly better to go with the pro solution of RL rather than a manufacturers ECU version?

Not trying to be difficult, just making sure all options are considered. Don't know if it is going to form part of the Dutch ECU software but I know other OEM ECUs have the programming.

And I'm not sure I would say the RL stuff is any more accurate, it all ties into the ECU anyway so I would think an all OEM version is much neater and has more data available to it, which implemented correctly will work better.

#5 jameso

jameso

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

No problem Tom... My comment was a question anyway. The RL is a system built for race cars afaik and many race companies use it, is be surprised if the ECU could do a job like it? I'm just thinking of Dave's requirements for track work.

#6 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for the replies chaps. From conversations with Peter, it doesnt look like there is this functionality on the cards, there are some other cool things on the way :ninja: , although he has asked that I do not make these public knowledge until he has got them working.

The RL system is very good at what it does, and lots of manufacturers use the system in addition to the ECU- if you look on ebay you will find units taken out of other cars.

For my use, basically it is a safety device. My car on the Harrop is brutal, just brutal. Lovel to drive and silky smooth in the power delivery, but changing gear enthusiastically into fourth will light up the back end...

#7 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Women

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

I think I would have crashed my car long time ago if I did not have the RL system fitted, ofc I can turn it off but it's always on, no need to worry about losing traction when changing gear...

#8 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

I think I would have crashed my car long time ago if I did not have the RL system fitted, ofc I can turn it off but it's always on, no need to worry about losing traction when changing gear...

Thanks for the feedback, which adjuster do you have? I want the higher one with the digital display and the full control.

#9 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

Is this buying direct from manufacturer?

How easy to fit?

What kind of cost/discount?

There are lots of different options aren't there with this kit? Launch Control, Flat shift etc? (Or am I talking bollox?)

#10 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback, which adjuster do you have? I want the higher one with the digital display and the full control.

This:

http://img542.images...2/2324/uis7.jpg

http://www.garaget.o...3&image=3156646

RLTC6DIA Traction control for up to 6 cylinders with launch control and digital adjuster.

on top of that I also have the Quaife ATB LSD fitted.

Edited by Gilgamesh, 17 September 2013 - 01:47 PM.

#11 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

The above is the adjuster I want, it is also available in anodised black.

I will get some clarification in discount, but it looks like 5 is the magic number.

#12 Darcini

Darcini

There must be some way outa here

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

I've been umming and arring about one of these for ages, be interested in a deal if there's a worthwhile one to be done. thumbsup

#13 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

I'm interested price depending

#14 Steelic

Steelic

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

I'ts crossed my mind before as well, would be interested in some more info on previously fitted systems and installation to our little cars.

#15 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

pics here.

http://tinyurl.com/os5yxwu

Edited by Gilgamesh, 18 September 2013 - 07:47 AM.

#16 Bill SC

Bill SC

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for the replies chaps. From conversations with Peter, it doesnt look like there is this functionality on the cards, there are some other cool things on the way :ninja: , although he has asked that I do not make these public knowledge until he has got them working.

The RL system is very good at what it does, and lots of manufacturers use the system in addition to the ECU- if you look on ebay you will find units taken out of other cars.

For my use, basically it is a safety device. My car on the Harrop is brutal, just brutal. Lovel to drive and silky smooth in the power delivery, but changing gear enthusiastically into fourth will light up the back end...

Based on this as I too am harroping - I would be in as well.

#17 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

Will you be going for the Dutch software?

Let me know if you want any help with mapping or such :)

-While the car is beign taken apart, dont forget to put in the wideband sensor.

#18 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

I have chcked and the way thatthe RL TC works will be ok with the Dutch software.

Even if Peter integrated TC into the ECU, having my own separate adjuster is good fo me and allows me to play and not have my laptop out. (Having said that my multi maps are great and when I looked at a proper stand alone ecu my plan was to have 6 maps stored in the ecu)

#19 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

I have chcked and the way thatthe RL TC works will be ok with the Dutch software.

Even if Peter integrated TC into the ECU, having my own separate adjuster is good fo me and allows me to play and not have my laptop out. (Having said that my multi maps are great and when I looked at a proper stand alone ecu my plan was to have 6 maps stored in the ecu)

I believe you just need to be able to disable misfire detection for RLTC to work.

Most OEM TC systems (even supposely advanced versions) are inferior to the Racelogic system from what I've read, and as you say have no in-car adjustment whihc allows partial tailoring of the system to suit conditions, driving style, modifications etc.

#20 Bill SC

Bill SC

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

Will you be going for the Dutch software?

Let me know if you want any help with mapping or such :)

-While the car is beign taken apart, dont forget to put in the wideband sensor.

Made no decisions on this yet, need to have a read through all the topics on here. I recall a standalone with cable throttle thread somewhere that I wanted to go back and have a look at too.

Many thanks for the offer, if I do go Dutch you may be sorry you offered....!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users