23 replies to this topic

#1 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

Full sessions now online Warm Up Qualifying Part 1

Edited by chris_uk, 08 October 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#2 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Qualifying Part 2 Final

#3 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

Looks like an awesome track! Would you say this is the/one of the most challenging tracks you've been on?

Edited by Bumblebee, 08 October 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#4 Dominique

Dominique

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

Brilliant videos, Chris.   thumbsup

Very well done Mike!

I still can't believe how lucky Cor Euser is for having a track newbie on semi's as competitor!   

He'll be destroyed next time.  :D   

#5 Claws

Claws

Stage FA NA FTW!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,246 posts
  • Interests:Daft plastic cars

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

All too often onboard clips look a lot slower than they should do. Not that one, that flying lap was a cracker, great sensation of speed through most of the corners! Cracking video :D

#6 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

It is a very challenging track to learn Aimey but I would imagine it will be hugely enjoyable and satisfying once I can learn my way round.

There are some awful lines on these vids and some shocking braking but I will go back and I will get better.

#7 MartinS

MartinS

I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone&#

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
  • Interests:Track days
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

Great videos, as said already, normally videos dont get across the speeds but they do nicely.

Reminds me of just how much fun that track was.

Top stuff Cliffie.

Martin S

#8 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

Great videos Mike, I am sure the sensation of driving round those tracks is way more scarey and fast feeling than the eye of the camera reveals.

The car appears to suffer from quite a bit from lack of traction when accelerating, I noticed you were spinning the rears quite a few times at around 60 to 90 MPH even in straight lines. What width rear tyres were you using and what brand/type pls ?

Good see some longer straights to put your foot right down for > 5 secs :)

Edited by Nev, 09 October 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#9 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Great videos Mike, I am sure the sensation of driving round those tracks is way more scarey and fast feeling than the eye of the camera reveals.

The car appears to suffer from quite a bit from lack of traction when accelerating, I noticed you were spinning the rears quite a few times at around 60 to 90 MPH even in straight lines. What width rear tyres were you using and what brand/type pls ?

245 Kumho V70A. They grip well but do react to provocation.

#10 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

Great videos Mike, I am sure the sensation of driving round those tracks is way more scarey and fast feeling than the eye of the camera reveals.   The car appears to suffer from quite a bit from lack of traction when accelerating, I noticed you were spinning the rears quite a few times at around 60 to 90 MPH even in straight lines. What width rear tyres were you using and what brand/type pls ?   Good see some longer straights to put your foot right down for > 5 secs :)  

Get your car on a track nev and you will appreciate the vids all the more.

#11 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

I'm surprised they spun up so often. I have the same tyre (but 285mm width) and with 360 ft/lb and flat smooth dry tarmac they hardly ever spin up. Perhaps you have too much camber on the wheel, meaning that not all the tyre is flat on the tarmac ?

What was the tarmac surface like?

Edited by Nev, 09 October 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#12 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

The more I watched and listened to those the more a sequential box seems would be the natural progression point for your car, there must be over half a second per lap available from that alone.

#13 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

I'm surprised they spun up so often. I have the same tyre (but 285mm width) and with 360 ft/lb and flat smooth dry tarmac they hardly ever spin up.

What was the tarmac surface like?

The surface is fine Nev and they only spin up when provoked and are perfectly controllable. I though you had issues spinning up the rears.

#14 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

The more I watched and listened to those the more a sequential box seems would be the natural progression point for your car, there must be over half a second per lap available from that alone.

Let's start with more seat time to properly learn the track and then some decent chargecooling. I'm not surprised if the car looses ~50Hp due to high intake temps...

(I noticed on my own car that on the trip home later that day it pulled so much harder due to the cold foggy wheater.)

Mike, Chris; enjoying the video's and nice to see how that quali 1:53 lap seems to flow so effortless... thumbsup  thumbsup   thumbsup

Edited by Exmantaa, 09 October 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#15 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Great drive Mike....The car is well planted isn't it? Nice to see you keep your foot planted through many of the bends & then early back on the power!

#16 baja1969

baja1969

• PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Cracking Vids Mike/Chris, I'd love to have a go round there, maybe next year, chris you coming to Oulton on the 8th November pal?

#17 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

im not mate. :( im going to do blyton park on the 27th instead.. my tax runs out at the end of october and im not re-newing it.

#18 baja1969

baja1969

• PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

im not mate. :( im going to do blyton park on the 27th instead.. my tax runs out at the end of october and im not re-newing it.

taking her off the road pal, for good or just the winter, or you going for Mikes crown

#19 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

just taking it off the road for winter.

#20 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

The surface is fine Nev and they only spin up when provoked and are perfectly controllable. I though you had issues spinning up the rears.

When the car was only making 365 ft/lb and 485 BHP (with 21 PSI of boost) traction was fine. Since then my birdbox airbox and 4" pipework and a few other mods now make it unsafe at full bore because the car is now making 32 PSI of boost). It's being remedied this week anyway with a new ECU so I can actually hot-swap and modify the map in the cabin with a laptop to suit whatever situation I like.

Edited by Nev, 11 October 2013 - 09:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users