Photo

Help With My Window. Lincolnshire / North East.

window help rattle fix

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Benzola

Benzola

• PipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:All things fast and powered by petrol!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

Hi Folks, Might anyone please be able to help me out? My pass window is VERY loose & rattles! I'm pretty savvy & I've had the door apart & taken a look but I'm still at a total loss how to resolve! Both windows rattle & I'd intended doing the mini trunking fix (as described on here) but the pass window is beyond this fix & requires the attention of someone familiar with the mechanism (I think it's jumped the runners). Is there anyone in the Northeast (I'm based Lincolnshire) who might be willing to help out & take a look / advise. I'd like to do this weekend 19.10.13 - 20.10.13. Happy to travel or have reasonable tools at off st garage in central Lincoln. Cheers in advance. Ben.

#2 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

They all rattle like fcuk as the guides wear out adjusting helps a bit but not really worth the effort There is a guide on here on how to repair using electric trunking Have a search mate

#3 Benzola

Benzola

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

They all rattle like fcuk as the guides wear out adjusting helps a bit but not really worth the effort There is a guide on here on how to repair using electric trunking Have a search mate

Hi Chris. Yep! I am WELL aware of they ALL rattle! And YES I've read (& will do) the trunking fix! My request pertains to a more severe mechanical issue that I just can;t get my head around. Cheers all the same though. Ben.

#4 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

Hi Chris. Yep! I am WELL aware of they ALL rattle! And YES I've read (& will do) the trunking fix! My request pertains to a more severe mechanical issue that I just can;t get my head around. Cheers all the same though. Ben.
Hi Ben sorry didn't read your request fully Have you checked that all the screws and bolts are in properly I found the bottom ones can unscrew out of the runners and the runner and glass flap around like a dogs tongue 😃

#5 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

If anyone can talk Bllx, I can!💣

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:MTB, VX220, oh & cars, golf, sarcasm with humour!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

Both my windows rattled, O/s sounded different to the N/s.  I wound the drivers side down & noticed the slider had lost a screw & not fastened to the inner door, found a screw with a wide flatish head, small thread length. Noise fixed & O/s sounds good when door shuts.  N/s, think it needs the attention given on here?

#6 Benzola

Benzola

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

Both my windows rattled, O/s sounded different to the N/s.  I wound the drivers side down & noticed the slider had lost a screw & not fastened to the inner door, found a screw with a wide flatish head, small thread length. Noise fixed & O/s sounds good when door shuts.  N/s, think it needs the attention given on here?

A worthy tip, but alas my fix is more than replacing a screw.

#7 Benzola

Benzola

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

Don't all jump in at once.... Come on... I've helped out shed loads of other owners! B :-)

#8 Hammy of hamhouse

Hammy of hamhouse

• Pip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Cars Hifi. Ex Westfield owner.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

I guess there could be several reasons for the problem and as it's not the usual wear there is a lack of replies . If it was me ( and I might be doing this job soon ) I'd be slowly dismantling until I found the problem- it does sound as though a runner may have come adrift - and you may end up sourcing a few new bits. Sorry cant realty help , but I guess, it's not a common fault ?? Good luck anyhow!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: window, help, rattle, fix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users