charity

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

If anyone can talk Bllx, I can!💣

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:MTB, VX220, oh & cars, golf, sarcasm with humour!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

http://www.vx220.org...-2#entry1617051

Robin want's to get rid of his Genuine man made Sheeps Fleece but I think he'll get more if he burns it  & uploads to Youtube for Children In Need?  Help him realise what he doesn't yet know about?

#2 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

Set up a justgiving page. I'll donate some £

#3 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

I'm in that one for a tenner, it is for the kids after all!

#4 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Virgin donation is less lossy

#5 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Do justgiving take a 'cut'?

#6 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

No. Plus you can add gift aid.

#7 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

Might want to read their t's and c's again..... ;)

https://justgiving.z...encies-and-fees
5%

Vergin is 2%

Edited by slindborg, 19 October 2013 - 10:23 PM.

#8 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

Might want to read their t's and c's again..... ;)

https://justgiving.z...encies-and-fees
5%

Vergin is 2%

I never knew that. Charity does still come at a price then.

#9 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

I think its something like half of anything donated makes it to the end recipient.... Just because its non profit does not mean the staff aren't stupidly paid with big offices and helicopters etc. The best way to make money is to be a charity.

#10 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

I think its something like half of anything donated makes it to the end recipient.... Just because its non profit does not mean the staff aren't stupidly paid with big offices and helicopters etc. The best way to make money is to be a charity.

As a teenager, I was surprised to find out how much my Aunt was paid as an exec in a charity. Being a cock, I raised it with her! Unsurprisingly, she told me she was not even in the top half of the earners that she worked with.

Something is wrong there.

Perhaps a paypal account could be set up for the fleece burning......the giftaid thing wouldn't work then though. Just don't let Arthur Fowler look after the money!

#11 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

Fcuk me, Arthur Fowler Myles!?! Didn't think you were old enough to remember the Xmas club scandal lol. The staff who work for charities have to earn some coin too, and there are some of the bigger charities where Execs are paid fairly obscene amounts. No different to any other commercial operation. I think provided you know what percentage goes to the end recipient then it's a personal thing as to whether you can square that off in your own mind. I try and make sure it's not lower than 90%, but sometimes small local charities will be a lot less because of overheads. Any charity that uses Chuggers gets told to fcuk off.

#12 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

Fcuk me, Arthur Fowler Myles!?! Didn't think you were old enough to remember the Xmas club scandal lol. The staff who work for charities have to earn some coin too, and there are some of the bigger charities where Execs are paid fairly obscene amounts. No different to any other commercial operation. I think provided you know what percentage goes to the end recipient then it's a personal thing as to whether you can square that off in your own mind. I try and make sure it's not lower than 90%, but sometimes small local charities will be a lot less because of overheads. Any charity that uses Chuggers gets told to fcuk off.

Yeah, being accosted on the street or worse, your own doorstep, is not on. Unfortunately I am old enough to remember the golden age of soap! He still got a bench named after him, those cockneys are a forgiving bunch!

#13 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

charities  really do pay well most top bods are on six figure sums for fun, if more people knew this then i bet people would give a lot less or nothing.

Always remember a bloke who was doing a event to collect money for charities and he said they were like fly around sh*t trying to get money

so his reply was,can you show me your accounts balance as being a charity they would have nothing to hide, non showed anything says it all really.

i dont give anything to any of the large charities as you are only paying highly inflated wages and money to pay rent on all the shops they have

with probably 5%-10% actually doing any good. sorry to sound a party pooper but im not getting involved in burning a perfectly good jacket

that some vx220 owner would be only too happy to look like a right knob cool dude wearing it 

#14 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

charities  really do pay well most top bods are on six figure sums for fun, if more people knew this then i bet people would give a lot less or nothing. Always remember a bloke who was doing a event to collect money for charities and he said they were like fly around sh*t trying to get money so his reply was,can you show me your accounts balance as being a charity they would have nothing to hide, non showed anything says it all really.   i dont give anything to any of the large charities as you are only paying highly inflated wages and money to pay rent on all the shops they have with probably 5%-10% actually doing any good. sorry to sound a party pooper but im not getting involved in burning a perfectly good jacket that some vx220 owner would be only too happy to look like a right knob cool dude wearing it 

Agree cancelled my monthly to NSPCC when a mate got a job there basically doing fcuk all and all the staff had a nice canteen with heavily subsidised meals and he was also told only about 10% of all the cash collected is left after running costs and wages

Edited by christhegasman, 20 October 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#15 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Maybe we just bet to keep his jacket vs burning it? All bets against go to charity.....lol, no idea which one! Bets for and against? I'll start by bidding 30 quid to wear it. Do I win?

#16 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

charities  really do pay well most top bods are on six figure sums for fun, if more people knew this then i bet people would give a lot less or nothing. Always remember a bloke who was doing a event to collect money for charities and he said they were like fly around sh*t trying to get money so his reply was,can you show me your accounts balance as being a charity they would have nothing to hide, non showed anything says it all really.   i dont give anything to any of the large charities as you are only paying highly inflated wages and money to pay rent on all the shops they have with probably 5%-10% actually doing any good. sorry to sound a party pooper but im not getting involved in burning a perfectly good jacket that some vx220 owner would be only too happy to look like a right knob cool dude wearing it 

Agree cancelled my monthly to NSPCC when a mate got a job there basically doing fcuk all and all the staff had a nice canteen with heavily subsidised meals and he was also told only about 10% of all the cash collected is left after running costs and wages
Just do local ones. The big ones are a feckin eye opener.

#17 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

local ones are just as bad honestly.  ask for breakdown or wages payed on any charity and i bet you wont get given anything.

a local one here just purchased three shops and two big warehouses all cash top money payed and surprise surprise one of building was owned by 

a board member so no surprise top price was payed. there all on the band wagon bit like bbc bosses.

#18 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

local ones are just as bad honestly.  ask for breakdown or wages payed on any charity and i bet you wont get given anything. a local one here just purchased three shops and two big warehouses all cash top money payed and surprise surprise one of building was owned by  a board member so no surprise top price was payed. there all on the band wagon bit like bbc bosses.  

I think the point is that you don't drop your coins into a box without knowing where it's going?

#19 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

And that's the reason I flat refuse to ever ever donate money or time to cruk.

#20 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

And that's the reason I flat refuse to ever ever donate money or time to cruk.

Cancer Research? Are they one of the biggest wrongdoers?

As an aside, my local Sainsburys has a different chugger just inside the door every bloody day. I tell them I already support a number of charities and I get the look! Then they get the look.......

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: charity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users