• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#221 kitcar765

kitcar765

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 07:15 AM

Yeah it’s been a wild ride.

I always understood bitcoin, I got the concept.

Held since 2013 and seeing that it got to the point that a few hundred pounds invested in 2013 was now worth more than my sizeable mortgage I figured I should probably not risk ‘betting the house on it’

Early 30’s and mortgage free is pretty sweet.

I stayed away from terrible alt-coins. I didn’t get sucked into any scams, and I didn’t lose anything in MTGox.

I just bought and held and it paid off. life changing for me.

At one point in the early days I almost lost my keys on a failing hard-drive, last thing I did off that corrupted drive before it completely died seconds later was to grab my keys!

I think Bitcoin over the next 10 years will go a lot higher but possibly due an 80% correction soon etc, but who knows? My exposure is much much much lower now!

Was wild seeing Tesla get involved.

Feels good being proven right, back in 2013 I was banging on about it to everyone I knew and no-one listened to me, called me ‘butt-coin boy’

How times have changed!

I know other people who are now literal millionaires and they put a lot more in.

My first coin was £30 (can see from my first post) they are currently worth: £44,000

Just thought seeing that I started this thread I should conclude it!

Also still have my VX220! Double the miles on it and a Cat D repair now!

#222 iceman

iceman

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,159 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 07:29 AM

...a wild ride in both respects (coin and! vx)

A humbling story to one such as myself but one i salute you for both managing to navigate so well in and for having the strength to start and (now finish) share here. A bit like watching a winning episode of 'who wants to be a millionaire', i am drawn (respectfully so to you) between envy and adulation [/off to count my piggy bank]

:grouphug:  

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users