Help... I'm A Newbie And Thinking Of Getting My First Vx220

help newbie vx220 black 12000 miles

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#21 sharpz1984

sharpz1984

• Pip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:Gym, Cars, Quads, Beer, The fairer sex & French Bulldogs oh and my career! (Graphic Design)… need anything from a logo to a website let me know!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

https://www.dropbox....175237226_n.jpg

trying to make this out looks like BN02 LCE or BW02 LCE

#22 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

Just check on the dvla website with the v5 reference number and reg u can see all old mots to check the mileage and if all legit id be buying :-)

Good shout that.  Here's the link to check the MoT history recorded:

https://www.gov.uk/c...history-vehicle

#23 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• 12,984 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

https://www.dropbox....175237226_n.jpg

trying to make this out looks like BN02 LCE or BW02 LCE

I've seen that pic very recently!  Can't think where though.  

#24 TurboTurkey

TurboTurkey

• Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Bit odd 12,000 miles an no history to support . Go to direct gov and get mot report .

#25 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Just check on the dvla website with the v5 reference number and reg u can see all old mots to check the mileage and if all legit id be buying :-)

Dont think that will go all the way back to its first MOT in 2005 and old MOT history is no warranty of mileage, ask most cab drivers!

#26 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

If you wonder where the dashes go from written off vx220s then wonder no more haha. At 6k its not a bad price if its done 90k though. Just look properly.

#27 sharpz1984

sharpz1984

• Pip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:Gym, Cars, Quads, Beer, The fairer sex & French Bulldogs oh and my career! (Graphic Design)… need anything from a logo to a website let me know!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

If you wonder where the dashes go from written off vx220s then wonder no more haha. At 6k its not a bad price if its done 90k though. Just look properly.

haha never thought of it that way! it seems a nice motor for 6k just needs some tlc as it hasn't been use for a long time!

#28 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

Seems a bit too good to be true IMO but I guess if it is as good as it sounds it's a bargain but I come from a background where generally you normally pay for what you get in reason

#29 sharpz1984

sharpz1984

• Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:37 PM

Seems a bit too good to be true IMO but I guess if it is as good as it sounds it's a bargain but I come from a background where generally you normally pay for what you get in reason

thats what i thought originally but the guy isn't strapped for cash so to speak and its not the for sale price just for a sale through his best mate (my family member)

#30 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• 12,984 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

Dont think that will go all the way back to its first MOT in 2005 and old MOT history is no warranty of mileage, ask most cab drivers!

Test history records do go back to 2005 using that website and its got to be worth a check.

#31 sharpz1984

sharpz1984

• Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

Test history records do go back to 2005 using that website and its got to be worth a check.

I will do this just need to obtain the V5 ref number now as i have the reg!... thanks

#32 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Interests:Cars and mountain biking

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

£10k seems overpriced as it looks like it's had a hard 12,000 miles!

:rolleyes:

that looks like it's had quite a hard life if it's only done 12k  :huh:

Too slow Vockmeister.   ;)

No one listens to you :P

#33 sharpz1984

sharpz1984

• Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

What would you guys say the average price is for a VX like this?

#34 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

What would you guys say the average price is for a VX like this?

£6.5K

#35 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

My 2 p worth of observations...

its not got any boot carpets

its not got rear end badges..de badged

...or rear ended??..checkthe  hpi

all boot and bonnet screws are rusted.....lived out for a quite a  while...

6k.......good money if its a runner......

ask someone to have a check for you..the forum are always willing to have a look for you...

HH

#36 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

Grab it at 6k, but given the problems you've mentioned don't expect that do be the end of it. As others have said, seems hard life for such low milage.

#37 sharpz1984

sharpz1984

• Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for all the advise guys... i feel more confused about it now than before tho haha

The guy wouldn't con my uncle as thats who he offered it to for the price of 6k as they are close friends but no way of knowing the ins and outs... think the best thing is for me to give him a bell tomorrow and see what info he can provide me with!

I think it has been sitting outside for a long long time, and been a toy thats not been fully cared for! it also has a hard top that hasn't been used! no idea why this hasn't been put on while its been sitting doing nothing! and as far as i know it runs perfectly!

Best forum feedback I've received as a new member anywhere... so again thanks a lot guys! 

#38 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:18 PM

Just remember try not to let the heart rule the head :) Let us know what you decide :)

#39 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

Just remember try not to let the heart rule the head :) Let us know what you decide :)

Really, I mean really... How many mods have been head not heart decisions? Sorry if I seem to keep picking on you recently, but there is a remarkable irony in these posts. Not that I have any right to comment.

#40 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

Really, I mean really... How many mods have been head not heart decisions? Sorry if I seem to keep picking on you recently, but there is a remarkable irony in these posts. Not that I have any right to comment.
Do as I say not as I do ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, newbie, vx220, black, 12000 miles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users