#21 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

Shows it as

[color=rgb(40,40,40);][font="helvetica;"]0033 brain300r UK silver VX220 2001[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);][font="helvetica;"]Spray job?[/color][/font]

Well it was primed and ready to paint if that was the case ;)
Give over lift lover

#22 Claws

Claws

Stage FA NA FTW!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,246 posts
  • Interests:Daft plastic cars

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

Hey, just noticed you have edited the original post to much the same effect! :lol: :D

#23 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

Hey, just noticed you have edited the original post to much the same effect! :lol: :D

Gotcha

#24 Laughing Larry

Laughing Larry

• 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:19 AM

Hi Collinder,

This car looks awesome, I saw this one for sale not long ago and would have bought it myself except lotto was playing hard to get at the time. I purchased a silver 2001 NA from Ross Church at Classic Cars Kapiti in 2012 and have had so much fun with it since then, we use it to get to work here in the Wairarapa, and also ravel to Wellington over the Rimutaka ranges occasionally just for the hell of it. (light traffic and dry roads a prerequisite though)

We have taken it to the South Island twice and get around the luggage problem by freighting ahead to one camp site then touring out from there. As you'll know the South Island has the best touring roads ever.

There are about 5 VX's in the country I think, and from memory there’s one in Auckland with modified scissor doors which looks cool. Query this site and you'll see by entering some key NZ names. Speaking of that this site has the best advice around with genuine and knowledgeable guys in the UK offering all sorts of help.

My only tip is to be sure of who may jack/hoist the car as it’s real easy to damage the under body or over balance the vehicle while it’s on a hoist.

Keep in touch, hopefully we'll have to catch up some time. Tony Pritchard

#25 Collider

Collider

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

Hi Collinder,

This car looks awesome, I saw this one for sale not long ago and would have bought it myself except lotto was playing hard to get at the time. I purchased a silver 2001 NA from Ross Church at Classic Cars Kapiti in 2012 and have had so much fun with it since then, we use it to get to work here in the Wairarapa, and also ravel to Wellington over the Rimutaka ranges occasionally just for the hell of it. (light traffic and dry roads a prerequisite though)

We have taken it to the South Island twice and get around the luggage problem by freighting ahead to one camp site then touring out from there. As you'll know the South Island has the best touring roads ever.

There are about 5 VX's in the country I think, and from memory there’s one in Auckland with modified scissor doors which looks cool. Query this site and you'll see by entering some key NZ names. Speaking of that this site has the best advice around with genuine and knowledgeable guys in the UK offering all sorts of help.

My only tip is to be sure of who may jack/hoist the car as it’s real easy to damage the under body or over balance the vehicle while it’s on a hoist.

Keep in touch, hopefully we'll have to catch up some time. Tony Pritchard

Hi Tony, Hayden's the name.

Great to here from a fellow owner and get some idea of VX220 ownership in NZ. Would be great to catch up sometime.  I have talked to KW Histotics here and they seem great, just a little too far to drive, I have a mechanic that knows the car so hopefully I will be in good hands.

I think this one is the one you are thinking of: 

Attached Files

#26 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:55 AM

There is/was a red VXT in Auckland, the owners username on here is Orggy.

#27 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:15 AM

I'll be in Auckland late March 1st & all day March 2nd if you want any advice, although from your posts it seems as though you know what to look out for Overseas NZ meet next year to tour the South Island anyone?

Edited by PaulCP, 07 February 2014 - 03:17 AM.

#28 Collider

Collider

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:19 AM

Awesome, good to know!

I have had a couple of niggles with the car. The EML Light is always on, I was advised it was an EGR,CAT fault but the guys didn't really tell me how it could be fixed. It seems the ERG has been blanked also, not sure if this is causing it. Other than that I have found this site more than adequate to answer most of my questions.

Edited by Collider, 07 February 2014 - 03:19 AM.

#29 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:22 AM

If EGR has been blanked has it been fitted with a "cheater" to stop the EML issue. If not contact Vocky on here who can supply you with one Fault code reader should point you in the right direction

#30 Collider

Collider

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:26 AM

Thanks,

I had someone scan it but they were not very descriptive, that is all they gave me to go on. I suppose they assumed I know a tonne about engines due to owning this car but I really don't. The previous owner said they never had an issue with the EML so I am assuming there is a SIM installed, maybe the SIM has failed?

#31 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:32 AM

If you can get the faulty code from a reader and post it on here then we will be able to point you in the right direction If you put "EGR cheater" in to the search engine you should find pictures of what to look for in the threads that will come up. Sorry I can't post a link for you but I'm logged on to the site via a phone whilst waiting to board a flight in Oz so have limited accessibility. EML could also be a pre or post Cat Lambda issue hence best to find the fault codes which come up

Edited by PaulCP, 07 February 2014 - 03:34 AM.

#32 Collider

Collider

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:33 AM

Cool thank you. I will call the guys next week and ask what the code was. Thanks again for the help, enjoy your flight!

#33 Collider

Collider

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:50 AM

So it looks to me (from what I can tell) the EGR valve has just been rotated and left mounted on top of the blanking plate. I suppose this is not ideal, might have to get an EGR cheater and install that properly.

Posted Image

#34 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

I'll be in Auckland late March 1st & all day March 2nd if you want any advice, although from your posts it seems as though you know what to look out for Overseas NZ meet next year to tour the South Island anyone?

Let me know if you're in Queenstown and I'll fix you up with a special ride ;)

(Apologies to the OP for the OT)

#35 nrcnz

nrcnz

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:28 AM

Just looking to buy/import one here in NZ, so would be interested to know if you hear of any NZ ones for sale? Will save a bit on the shipping/importation costs! 

I come up to Ellerslie car show each February, so keen to meet up with any owners while in the area, or while driving up from South Island. 

Cheers

Neville

www.opelforum.org.nz

#36 toffer

toffer

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:50 AM

Hi I've just traded my VX220 a 2001 Silver NA with hard top to Auckland City Hyundai. It has 28000 on the clock, has a luggage rack as well. I owned it from new in UK and bought it here in 2004. Took it to Melbourne for 7 years before returning to Auckland in 2013. So if anyone's interested contact them, it's been 3 weeks, and it's not made it onto the sale yard yet.

#37 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:22 PM

Hi I've just traded my VX220 a 2001 Silver NA with hard top to Auckland City Hyundai. It has 28000 on the clock, has a luggage rack as well. I owned it from new in UK and bought it here in 2004. Took it to Melbourne for 7 years before returning to Auckland in 2013. So if anyone's interested contact them, it's been 3 weeks, and it's not made it onto the sale yard yet.

How come to sold?  Only 28000 on the clock? Wow, thought it would get more use in Aus than here in the UK!

#38 toffer

toffer

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:27 PM

We lived mostly in CBD, So only a weekend car, despite a few Melbourne to Sydney runs. Sold as we have only space for 1 car and decided we needed a more practical car so we can run the grandchildren around. Was still a great car, still in near showroom condition.

#39 nrcnz

nrcnz

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:56 AM

:( Never saw this reply to my query. My car arrived here in Christchurch last week, and I picked it up yesterday! 

Hope we can meet up all together for a run sometime? John in Tauranga also has a Speedster, and there was a VX220 on the Lotus club stand at the recent Brit Euro car show next to our OpelForum stand. We may be able to get quite a few to meet up, and possibly even join the Lotus club for a track event at Hampton Downs for those keen enough to try it?

#40 nrcnz

nrcnz

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:50 PM

Any NZ owners still on here? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users