• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 niall584

niall584

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

Hi all,  Another newbie checking in.

My name is Niall and I live down in Poole, Dorset.

I am new to the VX scene and I am looking for my first VX220. You will see me posting in the wanted section and snooping around the For Sale sub. 

Thanks

Niall

#2 -Dab-of-Oppo-

-Dab-of-Oppo-

Cuntpuffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

Hi Niall, good to have another potential owner on the south coast. There are a few of us local to you if you need a hand in looking at a car or a ride out to see what they're all about. What type of VX are you after?

#3 niall584

niall584

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

Hi Niall, good to have another potential owner on the south coast. There are a few of us local to you if you need a hand in looking at a car or a ride out to see what they're all about. What type of VX are you after?

Thank you for a warm welcome. Surely the south coast is the best place for these cars to reside :P I'm looking for an NA, but after all I have read on here and PH I would consider a SC'd one. A helping hand is always greatly appreciated, my brother-in-law is an engineer (and petrol head) but it is always good to have an owner to point out the unknowns. A ride in a "all things working correctly" VX would also be appreciated, as there is no close ones for sale at the mo. Thanks Niall

#4 Billy Bones

Billy Bones

• Pip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:F1, My VX, Cycling - (That's in order of power not interest)

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

Thank you for a warm welcome. Surely the south coast is the best place for these cars to :P I have to agree with you as I'm only over the border in Hampshire, but I think you'll get some other opinions on that one. Welcome by the way and good luck in your search.

Edited by Billy Bones, 08 April 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#5 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Welcome mate What's your budget ?

#6 niall584

niall584

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

It really depends on the car, for the right car I would spend the money. Ideally sub £7.5k.

#7 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

It really depends on the car, for the right car I would spend the money. Ideally sub £7.5k.
You should get a decent NA for that what's your feelings on cat registered cars Lots are cat d due to the cost of lights and clams

#8 niall584

niall584

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

You should get a decent NA for that what's your feelings on cat registered cars Lots are cat d due to the cost of lights and clams
I won't lie, I've never wanted a Cat registered car. But I do understand it's a bit different with these cars due to their fragile clams.

#9 niall584

niall584

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

I won't lie, I've never wanted a Cat registered car. But I do understand it's a bit different with these cars due to their fragile clams.

#10 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:28 AM

Welcome Niall. As Dab mentioned there's a few of us around Poole, so don't be scared to shout if you want to have a good look at one. I think your bang on looking at an n/a, for the money they're excellent value. Best of luck in your search. Oh, and be prepared to travel for the right car :)

#11 niall584

niall584

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

Welcome Niall. As Dab mentioned there's a few of us around Poole, so don't be scared to shout if you want to have a good look at one. I think your bang on looking at an n/a, for the money they're excellent value. Best of luck in your search. Oh, and be prepared to travel for the right car :)

Thanks for the welcome.  I'm definitely prepared to travel for the right one (just think of the drive back :)) A good look round a local one would give me a head start on what to look for.

So if someone wants to swap some beer tokens one evening or weekend, that would be great. Thanks

Niall 

Edited by niall584, 09 April 2014 - 08:27 AM.

#12 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

Suggest you drop Paul (ollie2007) a pm as he's in Poole. Plus he's a beer monster lol.

#13 ollie2007

ollie2007

Sir drink a lot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:Working on the VX ,alcohol, drunk street fighting with Rudy. life doesn't get much better than that

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:24 AM

:drink:  Thats me, if you need help give me a shout, where in Poole are you near? 

#14 ollie2007

ollie2007

Sir drink a lot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:Working on the VX ,alcohol, drunk street fighting with Rudy. life doesn't get much better than that

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

:groupjump: Turbo all the way, why buy a 2nd place horse when you can own the winner :lol:

#15 niall584

niall584

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

:drink:  Thats me, if you need help give me a shout, where in Poole are you near? 

Hi Paul, Thanks for the offer.

I'm based in Poole ( Do you know the Rising Sun pub?) Thanks Niall

#16 ollie2007

ollie2007

Sir drink a lot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

Yes know it well, I am near the New Inn

#17 ollie2007

ollie2007

Sir drink a lot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

I am about Saturday morning if you want to look at the Turbo model and have a quick spin, just a note though mine is a stage 4 so will feel like being in the star ship enterprise compared to being in a N/A

#18 niall584

niall584

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

I am about Saturday morning if you want to look at the Turbo model and have a quick spin, just a note though mine is a stage 4 so will feel like being in the star ship enterprise compared to being in a N/A

I like the analogy :P I'm off to see a VX tomorrow evening so I may be able to meet you as a fellow owner :)

I'm not around on Saturday, but if you can meet one evening next week that would be grand.  Thanks

Niall

#19 ollie2007

ollie2007

Sir drink a lot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

No worries, hope you are taking someone who really knows VXs with you to look at the car, if you need any help give me a shout.

#20 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

mine is a stage 4 so will feel like sh*t compared to being in a N/A

I amended your typo Paul :lol: Good luck with your viewing Niall, be good to see you join the Bournemouth contingent :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users